Gary never leave bank? Help
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
Section8
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Gary never leave bank? Help

I am ready to fight Akbaa but I want to explore and do everything before killing him. My problem is that I can never find Gary outside the bank and I can't pick the lock to his room? I have everything I need but I can't get into his room so I can make the key I need. Any ideas? Please...

Thanks
Post Thu Oct 02, 2003 11:53 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Gary

I know what you mean. He is there all the time later in the game, and never goes home. Pain I think. I killed him after casting confuse on all around, and then took his keys, but no good. I was not at level to lockpick the side door of bank to get in and push the button to get the vault door open. If you can get in there, (the side door of bank), just cast confuse on the guard, run back to side door and kill Gary and then cast confuse again on guard and rob the bank. Use invisbility is even better with confuse. This is a little glich in game they missed. If you don't rob bank in beginning Gary is never home, and most people don't have skill to kill him and get away with it until later in game. I tried killing all just to see what was in there and then reloaded afterwards. Have fun. Hope this helped.
Mark Twain
Post Fri Oct 03, 2003 12:06 am
Section8
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

What side door? Dp you mean the hidden door inside the bank? If I kill Gary behind the counter i can't seem to check his inventory either? I will keep trying maybe I will figure something out!!!!!!!!

Thanks
Post Fri Oct 03, 2003 12:20 am
Dood
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I remember I was able to kill him once with an undead. He died next to the door of his home. I was able to use a combination of that distant eye spell thingy (I forget the exact name) and telekinesis while outside his door to get his keys as he laid on the floor. I tried this another time and it didn't work, so your mileage may vary. Sometimes an undead wiill chase him into the teller area of the bank where you can kill him with a fireball, or some other spell, and use telekinesis to get his keys.
Post Fri Oct 03, 2003 1:26 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Gary

Dood has good idea. Use telekinisis. I never thought of that. I jumped on top of the chests there in the middle and reached over to get his keys. From that angle it let me check his body. I killed him right in the front of the counter while talking to him so he was close. Like I said, I didn't much like this setup. Hope you get it figured out. Let us know how you do it.
Mark Twain
Post Fri Oct 03, 2003 4:00 am
Section8
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

OK I killed him and got his keys but that negates the purpose because now you don't get the 10,000 XP points for making a copy of the bank key. I mean after he is dead you have the real key so it is pointless. I wonder if i went and forged the key anyway if I would still get the 10,000 XP points? HHHMMMM I will check it out....
Post Fri Oct 03, 2003 6:33 am
Vapour_ND
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Gary at home

You get one chance to meet Gary at home. On one of your trips back to Arx, it will be "night", and the merchants (including the bank) will be closed. Gary's house door will be wide open. Make sure you steal everything you can besides working on the bank deal. There's a book on finance in the bookshelf. Take it and give it to Pog, king of the Trolls, for about 2000 XP.
Post Sun Nov 30, 2003 11:11 pm