Members
Usergroups
Uriziel
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread

"As a Warrior/Ranger you can keep the blade. As a Mage you
transform it into a rune"

im on chapter 5, i was wondering when i get the blade will i get the choice of either using it as a rune or sword, or will my guild force me to use it in just one form.

i ask, cos im a water mage, but i play warrior style with maxed out str, i just hope i dont have to use it as a rune just because i joined the water mages.

its much more fun playing as a warrior, flicking through all the spells is too time consuming
Post Wed Dec 19, 2001 11:30 pm

(Another User BTW)

Well the normal Uriziel does 120 Magic/30 Fire damage, the spell however does 200 Magic damage (Uriziel just kills directly, while other weapons you have to poke the blade through the person to kill them)..You can just quit the guild of watermage, just learn the 6th circle and you'll automatically join the guild of the Necromencer and get the cool armor..

BTW i already learned the 6th circle, should i keep the Uriziel as is or get the rune?
Post Thu Dec 20, 2001 2:24 am

This cool armor... Is that an ore armor?
It seems, that i can use it only if i am mage?!! Are you sure?
Post Thu Dec 20, 2001 7:12 am

JemyM
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

It cost a total of 140 points to reach circle 6, so if you havnt payed skillpoints to reach Circle 5 by now, drop that idea NOW!

You can freely use the sword if you have maximized your "Warrior Lifestyle" and have no use for the Rune.

Personally I do not agree with the Mage vs Warrior thing. I have beated the game with both, and its defenitly more fun playing a mage... Just becouse I think the "wave your sword, wave your sword again" is boring compared to finding cool combinations of mega-death spells.

Best Regards
JemyM

[ This Message was edited by: JemyM on 2001-12-20 05:30 ]
Post Thu Dec 20, 2001 11:28 am

so..go for the rune right? hehe, but most of the spells takes sooo long to perform..
Post Fri Dec 21, 2001 12:13 am

so..go for the rune right? hehe, but most of the spells takes sooo long to perform..
Post Fri Dec 21, 2001 12:14 am

120/30 = 150 + all strength points above 30 (min required to wield it) + you can do 4 hits in a couple of seconds where using it as a rune takes charge time. it is much more powerful as a sword imo
Post Fri Dec 21, 2001 12:15 am

(im the original poster)

has any1 actually confirm that all extra strenght points relates exactly to equal amouts of damage done?
Post Fri Dec 21, 2001 12:57 am

eck, too many anonymous users (i'm the 2nd poster anonymous) ..i may as well as go and register...

well i used innos rage(gomey's sword) and it kills every regular guard with one slice, while it take the uriziel 2 slices
Post Fri Dec 21, 2001 4:19 am

JemyM
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

If you whipe out 3-4 enemies (in the end fight about 15) in one spell, then they are not taking too long.

If you need to 'keep concentration' (avoid getting your spell interrupted when people hits you) use protection rings.

I killed all the novices in the end fight with 2 wave of death. Took me less than 8 seconds to do so. Took out Cor Kalom with two more.

Not a scratch.

I have played the game through with masterized 2h weapons and had 210 strength in the final combat, using Uriziel - The Sword... And even with so much, you still must get in close combat with like 15 enemies.

Best Regards
JemyM
Post Fri Dec 21, 2001 9:57 am