Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Suggestions for NWN Sessions and Mods!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > RPGDot Games Server (NWN)

Author Thread
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Suggestions for NWN Sessions and Mods!

Thought I would give a place for all to add comments and suggestions as to when you would like to see sessions run. And if you have a Mod you would like to have run, let us know that as well.

We want to make the server user friendly but we need your input. So put it here.
Mark Twain
Post Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:44 pm
Badger
Stripey Forest Dweller
Stripey Forest Dweller

Time zones are the enemy aren’t they? They say that America and the UK are divided by a common language, but let’s face it we are also divided by the shadow of the clock and by the time you chaps have struggled out of bed, had a leisurely breakfast and a second cup of coffee, we Brits are thinking about coming home from work and what’s for tea.

For me the perfect NWN situation would be if there were people playing at about 2pm (that’s 8am in the Home of the Brave) every day during the week. Then if I found myself with the opportunity I could jump in.

The problem is of course that most of my US friends are thinking about leaving for work at this time, while here in the UK most people who are not (like me) working from home, are out in the world earning a crust.

Ah well, I’ll just have to make the most of my current Friday sessions while I have them.

Badger
Post Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:37 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Now that the server is up and running again, I would like to have a session on a Saturday or Sunday my time. (-5 GMT) I won't start til next weekend, but would like some idea of how many if any are interested?

We have several good mods already loaded, and can always install new ones. If you want to make it a private party session with friends, pm me and I can most likely arrange that as well, anytime and most days of the week.

So are there any takers for this?
Mark Twain
Post Fri Jun 03, 2005 6:58 pm
Korplem
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Well, I'd like to join in but I'm on leave until the 14th so I'll not be playing before that.

-The Prince of Nothing
Post Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:18 pm
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

Well, I've acquired a copy of NWN plus both expansions in the form of the "Deluxe Pack". From a brief look through the box, it seems the definition of the word "Deluxe" is "Without a manual".

I'm not overly impressed with companies that decide to shave a few pence off production costs in favour of using electronic manuals, and it really annoys me when the product is supposedly the "deluxe" or "collector's edition" version. But I'll persist...
Post Sat Jun 04, 2005 11:00 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

@Korplem, you can join a session at any point. If needed I can move you to the location of the group playing at the time.

@cfm, I for have not seen a Deluxe Pack, but then I haven't been looking lately. To be honest, once you get the controls down, most of the game aspect detail, such as what the various races, spells, and items in the game, all have detailed discriptions on screen. I never did use the manual past control options. Just get in and play with a few character builds and start playing, I don't think you'll find it hard without a printed manual.
Mark Twain
Post Sun Jun 05, 2005 3:54 am
Badger
Stripey Forest Dweller
Stripey Forest Dweller

You're absolutely right about the controls of course CM, they're really easy to pick up.

But I'm with CFM 100% on this one, you shouldn't call something "deluxe" or "Collectors Edition" if you intend to cut corners with it. Both suggest that the items in question are something special and in some way above and beyond the ordinary versions previously on sale.

You don't expect to find a manual in a "Budget" edition these days (although I still live in hopes) and in effect that is what the company are releasing. The original title plus the add on packs, all for the price of the original game. But that being the case they should give it a name which makes it clear, not one that misleads people into thinking that they'll be getting extra features.

Plus... ( I just took a breath ok?) If CFM is anything like me, then he'll rarely refer to the manual for the "controls" alone. You want the lists of spells, the pictures of the beasties, maybe a little novella action. There's nothing like a big fat manual, preferably one that a small tree gladly gave it's life for.

Badger
Post Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:33 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

I whole heartedly agree with your sentiments, Badger.

Now back to the topic at hand, what module will you be using in your first session, Cm? I might show up. I need to dust off my NWN cds.
Post Sun Jun 05, 2005 6:58 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

@ Badger, I do agree it is a cheap way to do business. I just didn't want cfm to feel he would be totally in the dark without it.

Now back to the topic. I think I may be bitting off a big task, but I think I will host Eye of the Beholder. This is a long mod, but a very good one. The hak will be needed to play on the server so I decided to post the link here as well as in the normal thread for the session. It is huge and takes a while to download, so plan for it.

The mod needs a balanced group, so if you think you will join us, maybe post here as to what character type you want to bring. Also I want to have an early start for a pregame setup. Check out the session thread for the rest of the details. Any questions, post here or there. Or send me a pm on it.
Mark Twain
Post Mon Jun 06, 2005 3:46 am