21%
 21%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 14

Author Thread
NeoCodex
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

quote:
you really want to buy a sheild that does the same thing as a sword?

good one

I think blocking in gothic is made really good but I can't imagine how would it look with a shield. only for 1h weapons, of course. hm... I think shields would be pretty much useless but they still plan to implement them. But you never know, sometimes the devs make major changes just before the release, so let's just wait and see. everything is possible.
Post Sun Jun 20, 2004 1:30 am
Kaboodleschmitt
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I suppose they could simply make some armour have a sheild attached, but I have no idea how they would make that work. Unless they do something like Diablo so that there is a percentage you block an enemy attack, but that would be dumb, and I like Gothic's way of doing things much better.
Or maybe they make it so that with sheilds you can even block monster's attacks or something.
Post Sun Jun 20, 2004 1:41 am
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

quote:
Originally posted by NeoCodex
quote:
you really want to buy a sheild that does the same thing as a sword?

good one

I think blocking in gothic is made really good but I can't imagine how would it look with a shield. only for 1h weapons, of course. hm... I think shields would be pretty much useless but they still plan to implement them. But you never know, sometimes the devs make major changes just before the release, so let's just wait and see. everything is possible.

2 words: arrows and bolts

for instance when you see a bandit taking aim on you, a bow in his hand, you really start missing that good old shield.i can't see any reason why they shouldn't atleast try to add those things into g3.Its a brand new game, with new engine, new controls, new physics etc etc...they allready mentioned quite many times there are gonna be major changes, so i don't expect to find every thing similar like it was in previous games

it could be a new fighting style for hero to learn as there are new cultures to be found and so on..

Also fighting with shield sounds much safer as you can keep your defense up and do fast counterattacks, but hero would probably lose some of his mobility and strenght in the process..
Post Sun Jun 20, 2004 2:21 am
Patriot
Small Tiger
Small Tiger

Yes I think they must include the shield because we are int he middle ages.I see them on the walls and I want to take them.You couls also buy different shield which does better blocking and prottection against weapons or arrows.You could also learn how to use them or make your own from a smith.
Post Sun Jun 20, 2004 12:17 pm
Kaboodleschmitt
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:
Originally posted by Dez

2 words: arrows and bolts

for instance when you see a bandit taking aim on you, a bow in his hand, you really start missing that good old shield.i can't see any reason why they shouldn't atleast try to add those things into g3.Its a brand new game, with new engine, new controls, new physics etc etc...they allready mentioned quite many times there are gonna be major changes, so i don't expect to find every thing similar like it was in previous games

it could be a new fighting style for hero to learn as there are new cultures to be found and so on..

Also fighting with shield sounds much safer as you can keep your defense up and do fast counterattacks, but hero would probably lose some of his mobility and strenght in the process..

But it would make you basically invulnerable, and that's never a good thing. Sure you could block arrows, but if sheild's blocking does the same thing for range that the sword's blocking does for melee, it would mean you couldn't be harmed. And if they only did a certain amount of damage reduction, then they would be pretty dumb. "wow, my two-inch thick steel-plated sheild can ALMOST block your bow, but somehow it still hurts..." Personally, I don't think a sheild is a good idea. Besides, just zigzag if you don't want to get hit.
Post Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:52 am
Bartacus
Il Buono
Il Buono

For me the addon was perfect. It really made a difference to Gothic2 and improved it. The critics you have, could only be made in the next Gothic. There are a lot of good suggestions, but those could never go with an addon for Gothic 2. It would have been an entirely different game.
NFG member
Post Mon Jun 21, 2004 1:00 pm
NeoCodex
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

I'm not sure if I really want an entirely new game with new engine. I would be more than satisfied with a new episode in gothic series, but with the same engine. somehow, "major changes" doesn't sound that good to me afterall. I hope pb know what they are doing.
Post Mon Jun 21, 2004 1:25 pm
Bartacus
Il Buono
Il Buono

Just finished Gothic 2 with the addon. The last dragon looks a bit different now I believe. Looks more magical. Also the end title screens are a bit different and with a different ending tune. I must say I liked the old one better. I find it also very odd that at the halls of Idorath there aren't any Beliar shrines. Logic would tell me that there would be many over there.
NFG member
Post Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:49 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Bartacus
Just finished Gothic 2 with the addon. The last dragon looks a bit different now I believe. Looks more magical. Also the end title screens are a bit different and with a different ending tune. I must say I liked the old one better. I find it also very odd that at the halls of Idorath there aren't any Beliar shrines. Logic would tell me that there would be many over there.

unless they didnt pray to the dragon
Post Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:29 pm
Patriot
Small Tiger
Small Tiger

unless they didnt pray to the dragon [/quote]

To tell you the truth I didn't like the Halls of Irdorath or the temple of the Sleeper.The are the almost the same.I hope in gothic3 they will fix that thing.And in the add-on I didn't find many changes.I found the halls quit boring and also the swites and other things.
Post Mon Jun 21, 2004 5:11 pm
ravens' power

Well I also found them boring and I didn't like them much.Also in the journal of the heroe says that those 2 temles are same.What would you expect the orcs had build those 2 temples
Post Mon Jun 21, 2004 5:33 pm

Kaboodleschmitt
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:
Well I also found them boring and I didn't like them much.Also in the journal of the heroe says that those 2 temles are same.What would you expect the orcs had build those 2 temples

I don't think orcs built the Halls of Irdorath, I'm almost sure they didn't. It's one of the four temples to Beliar, and I'm pretty sure it was built by humans. Personally, I found it kinda cool how they mixed different tilesets in Irdorath, but it was a little... Strange that the only entrance to the temple was through the orc's secret passage. And the Halls are different from the temple in that there's no lava in the Halls, and no dragons in the Temple

quote:
I'm not sure if I really want an entirely new game with new engine. I would be more than satisfied with a new episode in gothic series, but with the same engine. somehow, "major changes" doesn't sound that good to me afterall. I hope pb know what they are doing.

I agree 100%, they shouldn't just redo everything, or at least if they do they should keep what made it gothic in it as much as possible. I just hope it's as good as the other two. Tho knowing PB, it probably will be
Post Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:04 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

well if u ask me then indeed humans built that temple long long time back but they were posessed by somekind of dark magic , like u remember you can find some letters and books on the way when u near the dragons temple and it explains that some ppl actually lived there and u can see many skeletions there also that says there were humans onze
Post Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:58 am
Patriot
Small Tiger
Small Tiger

quote:
Originally posted by Daedalus
well if u ask me then indeed humans built that temple long long time back but they were posessed by somekind of dark magic , like u remember you can find some letters and books on the way when u near the dragons temple and it explains that some ppl actually lived there and u can see many skeletions there also that says there were humans onze

Yes like the man infront of the gate of the undead dragon.Yes I read his diary and his reaserches.Also the temple of the sleeper is made by humans if you had read the slave's diary.
Post Tue Jun 22, 2004 3:10 pm
ravens' power

Yes like the man infront of the gate of the undead dragon.Yes I read his diary and his reaserches.Also the temple of the sleeper is made by humans if you had read the slave's diary.[/quote]

Yes, I also like reading books because I learn more about the past of the game and for the characters like Lee about his actions on the war and how good general he was.
Post Thu Jun 24, 2004 5:26 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next