Members
Usergroups
Pool of Radiance - Ruins of Myth Drannor (PC, Single-Player
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Games Comments

Author Thread
violent jay

great

this game is an awesome it is alot like diablo.
Post Thu May 06, 2004 10:31 pm

Re: great

quote:
Originally posted by violent jay
this game is an awesome it is alot like diablo.

No offense but
Post Sun May 09, 2004 1:42 pm

Bill

What?

Is the RPGDOT person who started this on some weird drugs or something? The only standard that PoR2 set was for boredom and drudgery.
Post Wed May 12, 2004 6:36 pm

Timatia

Pool of Radiance II comment

The idea of Pool of Rad for the PC on paper was very good. The outcome was very bad. I was the 53rd customer for the Collectors Edition for this game and unless you download the patch to this game if you uninstall the game incorrectly it would wipe out your entire PC drive! I'm glad that this didn't happen to me but I did hear from people who lost their computer files due to just un-installing this game from their PC. Again -- the idea was nice -- the actually game was slow, buggy, and the colors just were not there. It looked gray, dark, and boring. And very slow even on a P4 machine.
Post Sat May 15, 2004 4:02 pm

Timatia

Pool of Radiance II comment

The idea of Pool of Rad for the PC on paper was very good. The outcome was very bad. I was the 53rd customer for the Collectors Edition for this game and unless you download the patch to this game if you uninstall the game incorrectly it would wipe out your entire PC drive! I'm glad that this didn't happen to me but I did hear from people who lost their computer files due to just un-installing this game from their PC. Again -- the idea was nice -- the actually game was slow, buggy, and the colors just were not there. It looked gray, dark, and boring. And very slow even on a P4 machine.
Post Sat May 15, 2004 4:03 pm

EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Believe me, it was as bad as it looked... and painful to play. I didn't get a chance to review it for the 'Dot like I have all the other D&D games and that's probably a good thing. There's *no way* it would have cracked a 30% ... more like a 10% to 20%... critics of my reviews who think I'm a raving D&D fanboy who would swallow any amount of crap shoved at me as long as it bore the D&D name would be shocked at the depths of how awful I found this game.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Wed May 19, 2004 3:39 pm
Sir Markus
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

I bought this game because I found it impossible to believe that a game could be as bad as the dozens of reviews I read said it was. I was wrong, this game is BAD.
Post Sat May 22, 2004 6:16 am
Nilwarp

PoR 2 is a very difficult to rate game. Its a mix of very good things and very bad ones. It is a turn-based game, with its advantages (balancing magic vs. melee actions, strategy) and its disadvantages (slowness of the fights). The graphics are awesome, as well as BG 2 ones are. The multi-classing system is clearly the best I ever played with D&D rules. As a comparison, the BG 2 multi-classing system is almost non-existing, or at least very bad. About the quests, even if they are listed in a book, they actually don't exist, as you complete them just by exploring the game and fighting monsters. No need to refer to the quests book, they are basic one-step quests. About the bugs, yes, there are some, and a very bad one in the French version, as there are some area you will never be able to explore...About the races, well, you don't have many choices, because multi-classing oriented races (human and half-elf) are the best choice and then, other races are useless. However, I want to say PoR 2 is one the game I spent time the most on planning the way I want to level my character, as the multi-class leveling system is very complex, and then, very interesting. Just because of that, I would recommend to play this game, in order to see how good a game can be in that matter. But finally, I have to admit this game has to many bad features to make it a top game.
Post Mon Jun 07, 2004 2:15 pm