Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
I see no one posting anything about Legends of Allods??
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > CRPGs General

Author Thread
TheWarlord
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I see no one posting anything about Legends of Allods??

Weird since I personally think Legends of Allods (Rage of Mages world sequel) is one of the best "RPGs" I have played..

With saga continuing I would also like to hear some news about this project. I know they are making kinda in another language currently but it will be released at english also as far I have heard...

Anyhow from the Russian page there is demo online and some screens http://www.legendsofallods.bip.ru/rus/index.htm but English page little sticks up since I think makers doesn't much speak english or something hehe.

the demo looks damn nice comparing the Rage of Mages. Well I am comparing the type of games it is there ain't many of this type I think. Maybe looks crappy for those hardcore 3D gamers, but for 17 years experience of my own for every RPG game in world to PC I think this looks quite unique.

Anyhow News from this would be welcome!
Post Fri Jun 18, 2004 7:25 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Is the game in the data base?
Post Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:03 pm
TheWarlord
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Yeah seems to be.. but there is like nothing would be done to game since there are screenshots, Demo game, etc online.. tho not in english but there is in page I pasted here in first message.
Post Sun Jun 20, 2004 1:37 am
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land

I can honestly say I've never heard of it but our database seems to indicate it's a Dungeon Siege mod set in the RoM universe rather than an official sequel. Or is that wrong? Either way, I can't remember ever seeing it out there - if you can point out any previews, diaries etc I'll happily post them.
Post Sun Jun 20, 2004 10:46 pm
TheWarlord
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Well as far I have got is that Nival created Rage of Mages serie right? anyhow in their forums http://forums.nival.com/eng/showthread.php?t=18569 has usually all the info well not much of an review, but the english page of it does.. as in http://www.legendsofallods.bip.ru/eng/index.htm <- there...

Anyhow I think this project is going forward since there was a cut and then Demo, screenshots and even addons to demo started to come.

I honestly don't think this is anything unofficial since Nival Interactive is behind this. (Have an trust to this company somehow.. hehe) Usually they show everythign efter it is done in their page. I have tested the demo and it looks just like Rage of Mages with better engine and smarter characters from that russian site. Anyhow getting back with this subject when I find something on it...
Post Wed Jun 23, 2004 6:11 am
Dhruin

I'm pretty confident this is a Dungeon Siege community mod inspired by RoM. First, Nival has their own engines (from Evil Islands through to the brilliant Silent Storm engine) - why would they want to use the Dungeon Siege engine? The poster also says they can't release the demo because they can't find anyone to host it and you'll notice his sig is "N_Game Studios".

Doesn't mean it won't be good.
Post Thu Jun 24, 2004 12:08 am
TheWarlord
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Yeah I can see your point... Well looked a lot like nice piece of ROM to me:) anyhow too bad I was wrong.. Anyhow yeah this still can be good no doubt about that..
Post Thu Jun 24, 2004 2:04 am
Parcival
Rightful Heir To The Throne
Rightful Heir To The Throne

I frequently visit their site, as i boommarked it as a DS related project. As my russion is non-existant and their english website is hardly ever updated, there is no real news to report. I tried to contact them recently (about two weeks ago) but none replied (yet).

Parc
Alias Parcival Dragon -=UDIC=-
Post Sat Jul 03, 2004 9:45 am