Call of Cthulhu: PC Version Shipping March 27th
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

Call of Cthulhu: PC Version Shipping March 27th

We stopped covering Call of Cthulhu some time ago after the news of the PC version ceased (and the lack of RPG elements) but some readers might still be intersted to know the PC version will <a href="http://www.callofcthulhu.com/news/pressrelease_030606.html" target="_blank">ship</a> at the end of this month:<blockquote><em><b>Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth for PC Set to Ship March 27th in N. America <br> <br>First-Person Horror Game for PC Based on H.P. Lovecraft’s Renowned ‘Cthulhu Mythos’</b> <br> <br>Rockville, Maryland (March 6, 2006) - Bethesda Softworks® announced today that the highly anticipated survival horror game, Call of Cthulhu®: Dark Corners of the Earth™ for the PC will ship to North American stores the week of March 27th. Call of Cthulhu®: Dark Corners of the Earth™, developed by Headfirst Productions, is based on the Call of Cthulhu® paper-and-pencil role-playing game, which is itself inspired by H.P. Lovecraft’s novels. <br> <br>Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth is a first-person horror game that allows for dynamic gameplay with a unique mix of investigation, puzzle solving, exploration and combat as gamers are faced with the seemingly impossible task of battling evil incarnate. Experience an incredibly immersive gaming environment with no interface or ‘HUD’ on screen at any time during normal gameplay, realistic combat and an advanced AI system.</em></blockquote>
Post Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:40 am
Garrett

wow...after ten years of developing or so *g*
i remember fishtank (a late german publisher) announced it for 2001 already and it was in development for some time then already
Post Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:40 am
KasperFauerby
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Just wanted to add that I think this is a really cool game! Not a RPG, that's true, but more of an action adventure game. Don't think its just a mindless shooter though - you'll actually not hold a weapon until you are about 30% through the game! This is good news for pc gamers imo

- Kasper
Post Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:51 am
Majnun
Village Leader
Village Leader

Ordered mine right after I saw the announcement.

Still kinda irks me that Bethesda saw fit to release it one week after Oblivion. Truly not cool. I'm buying both games but I can't see how doing that would help sales of DCotE. Eh, at least they let them give us a PC version so I can't really bitch I guess.
Post Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:53 am

Finally..
didn't sell too well on the box afaik, which is a shame. I hope the PC sales will be higher but not very likely when you look at the lack of advertisement for the game. It seems to me they don't want to make more money out of this =\
Post Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:08 am

InsaneOrc
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I think that's good news, since I liked the "Nosferatu" game and there are not many "1st-person-horror" games arround.
Post Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:16 am
r3dshift
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Read it somewhere that this game is only a mere console port, done by a single person as the development studio has been closed, so I don't have the highest of hopes...
Post Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:26 am
txa1265
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

quote:
Originally posted by r3dshift
Read it somewhere that this game is only a mere console port, done by a single person as the development studio has been closed, so I don't have the highest of hopes...

I think that is part of the reasons for the delay. The game was being co-developed, but then the PC version was delayed. I'm quite happy - heard some good stuff about the XBox version.

Mike

Check out my blog.
Post Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:15 pm
JDR13
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

It better not be another Deux-EX Invisible War. Looks, plays, and feels like a console game.
Post Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:08 pm