Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
What clothes should I give the Hermit guy?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Jabberwocky
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

What clothes should I give the Hermit guy?

I met up with the naked hermit guy, and he wants some clothes. I'm not really interested in giving him my medium merc. armor worth 1,000 gold. Is it worth it for exp. etc...? Or should I wait and bring him some citizen's clothing or something?
Thanks
Post Wed Jul 28, 2004 6:45 am
RoiDanton
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

You can give him clothes you want. But it should be an armor because you get a reward.
Post Wed Jul 28, 2004 8:48 am
Jabberwocky
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Thanks for the hint. But are you sure it doesn't matter what kind? I ask because my buddy was playing yesterday and said that Hermit attacked him whenever he showed up with bandits OR pirates armor. Is this a coincidence, and something else was wrong, or was the armor the problem?
Post Thu Jul 29, 2004 8:52 am
RoiDanton
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

You donīt wear banditīs armor because all NPCs think that you are a bandit, except water mages and bandits.
I have given him pirates clothes or leather armor mostly.
Post Thu Jul 29, 2004 9:37 am
Jabberwocky
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Thanks.
Post Fri Jul 30, 2004 8:23 am
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

Everyone - except water mages in add-on world and bandits - will attack you if you wear bandit armor, the armor description tells that quite clearly. He will not attack you if you wear pirate armor, most likely your friend came to him in bandit armor, then switched to pirate armor, but the hermit already SAW him in bandit armor, so that cheap trick didn't work. Just teleport away, wear other armor then the bandit one, and come back.

As for what to give, I gave him the crawler armor, it's pretty useless piece of hardware for me by the time I get it, but definately better then his undies, so he should put it to good use
Post Sat Jul 31, 2004 5:07 pm
Jabberwocky
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Yes, about that crawler armor... Is it just like the one in the first game? And where exactly do I find it? I always thought the crawler armor was cool looking, but you said it wasn't much use by the time you get to it. What 'time' would that be?
(I've just entered VOM for first time, and my strongest armor is Bandit's heavy guard armor. Or in public I have Water Mage's or Medium Merc. armor. I'm a level 24 Merc. Is the Crawler Plate armor worth searching for?)
Post Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:09 am
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

No, crawler plate sadly is no more as useful as it was in G1. You wont "find it" per se, but, when you get to VoM, go and speak with Gestath (or what the heck was his name, basically the guy next to whom Gorn will sit later, in CH4, when you head to kill the Stone Dragon). Speak with him and ask about the armor, and he'll tell you about it. Funny, though, I mean, your char should KNOW that it was Wolf who made it, but anyways..

Then get just 10 crawler plates and give to Wolf, he'll finish it in one day. You can speak to Gestath in CH2 already, but once you finish all in CH2 and get out of VoM, it's already CH3 and the, for example, heavy mercenary armor is already better then the crawler plate armor.
Post Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:03 pm
Jabberwocky
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Bummer... oh well. Thanks for the info. I'll look into it.
Post Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:49 am
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

I had to find out about the bandit armor the hard way. I finished the add-on world before entering the VOM in Chapter 2 At the given time, the "Armor of Raven's Guard" (a type of bandit armor) was the most powerful armor available to me.

I decided to keep in on when I went back to Khorinis. Imagine my surprise when I was met with major hostility as I approached the city gates.

"No Banditen!!!!", screamed the guards as they charged towards me, swords drawn!

Guess it was back to my old Water Mages costume ....
Post Sat Aug 07, 2004 2:31 am
Jabberwocky
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Same exact thing happened to me in the mercenary camp. I hear swords being drawn and the cry "No banditen!" and so I turn around to see who's behind me. How surprised I was to suddenly be slashed in the back!
Post Sat Aug 07, 2004 7:47 am
gunboy
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

How did you det the Raven's guard armour? I only got the heavy bandit's armour from the bandits!
Post Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:56 pm
Patriot
Small Tiger
Small Tiger

quote:
Originally posted by gunboy
How did you det the Raven's guard armour? I only got the heavy bandit's armour from the bandits!

If you search Bloodwyn's corpse you'll find a key.When you enter the temple you'll find a chest.Open it.There you'll find the armor .
Post Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:26 pm