October 4th????
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
TheSleeper8119
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

October 4th????

I just went to a Computer store, Babbages, and asked when Gothic 2 would come out (Not that I expected that they would know) And the clerk guy checked the computer and said it was listed for release on OCTOBER 4TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I REALLY hope thats not true. He did say that it's not definate but OCTOBER 4TH?
Just thought I'd share this scary information with you all
Post Mon May 05, 2003 10:51 pm
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

I don't know how many times people have to say this but I'll repeat it again:

( This is not meant as a flame, okay. )

Any date you get from a retailer, no matter how big or reputable that retailer may be, means NOTHING until we get confirmation from Infogrames.

I mean, think about how many different dates have been tossed around amongst EB, Gamestop, Amazon, etc. Aug. 14, October, Novemeber, September, etc... They are ALL different. What does that say to you? That they are all guessing just like we are.

When a proper release is announced for a game, then every retailer gets consistent info from the distributor. Until this happens for G2, take every date you hear from retailers with a grain of salt.
Post Tue May 06, 2003 12:20 am
TheSleeper8119
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

quote:
Originally posted by elkston
I don't know how many times people have to say this but I'll repeat it again:

( This is not meant as a flame, okay. )

Any date you get from a retailer, no matter how big or reputable that retailer may be, means NOTHING until we get confirmation from Infogrames.

I mean, think about how many different dates have been tossed around amongst EB, Gamestop, Amazon, etc. Aug. 14, October, Novemeber, September, etc... They are ALL different. What does that say to you? That they are all guessing just like we are.

When a proper release is announced for a game, then every retailer gets consistent info from the distributor. Until this happens for G2, take every date you hear from retailers with a grain of salt.

That makes me feel a little bit better Thanks Still I wouldn't be that suprised if it did take until October 4th to be released.
Post Tue May 06, 2003 12:26 am
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:

That makes me feel a little bit better Thanks Still I wouldn't be that suprised if it did take until October 4th to be released.

I honestly feel that it will be much sooner. I think Delo's May 22nd rumor may be just a bit too soon (no complaints if it pans out though! ) But the June 13th date that was heard from an internal source at Infogrames (but not officially) sounds VERY likely.

My bets are on a mid to late June release.
Post Tue May 06, 2003 12:34 am
TheSleeper8119
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

quote:
Originally posted by elkston
quote:

I honestly feel that it will be much sooner. I think Delo's May 22nd rumor may be just a bit too soon (no complaints if it pans out though! ) But the June 13th date that was heard from an internal source at Infogrames (but not officially) sounds VERY likely.

My bets are on a mid to late June release.

That wouldn't be so bad Still it would be awesome if it came out in May. I don't think that wiull happen either, though, because it's already May 5th and no news yet
Post Tue May 06, 2003 12:39 am
Gothrinian1602
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

( dont take this seriously)

I think that u guys have to get your minds off Gothic 2 for a little while untill they finally announce the release...lol.

I too have problems sleeping at night dreaming about me fighting inside the sleeper temple and that i get transported to gothic 2 and stuff so im starting 2 projects so i can get bussy with something lol.. but still every day in the morning and afternoon i come and check to see if theres any news so go on......lol
Post Tue May 06, 2003 2:29 am
Delo
City Guard
City Guard

You know, once the game finally does get released, we all are going to forget we even waited for it. It's like when you order food at a restraunt: You see it, order it, then wait for it. It may seem like it takes forever, but once you finally get what you wanted, its like you never waited at all.
Post Tue May 06, 2003 3:16 am
x_Noble_Paladin_x
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:
Originally posted by Delo
You know, once the game finally does get released, we all are going to forget we even waited for it. It's like when you order food at a restraunt: You see it, order it, then wait for it. It may seem like it takes forever, but once you finally get what you wanted, its like you never waited at all.

You are right but what do we do till then?

I wil tri my bestest too spel
www.mallmonkeys.com is funny
so is www.squidi.net
Post Tue May 06, 2003 3:56 am
Dbesing
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

twiddle your thumbs and play with ur girlfriends bums lol, i have a week till my replacement parts come in
Post Tue May 06, 2003 7:27 am
Delo
City Guard
City Guard

I'm acutally going back to some of my old classics, and they are even more fun than I ever remember them. I just started playing Diablo 1 again! And I still like it better than 2.
Post Tue May 06, 2003 7:57 pm
ziBzi
Necromancer
Necromancer

I know what you mean.. i am still occasionaly playing Final Fantasy 7, i am still in love with the game
Post Sun May 11, 2003 2:36 pm
vesselle
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

i pulled wizardry 8 out of the pile and am playing that. but i'm thinking about just re-installing gothic and maybe by the time i finish it... 2 will be ready.

V***V
Post Thu May 15, 2003 12:59 am
TheSleeper8119
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

Re: October 4th????

quote:
Originally posted by TheSleeper8119
I just went to a Computer store, Babbages, and asked when Gothic 2 would come out (Not that I expected that they would know) And the clerk guy checked the computer and said it was listed for release on OCTOBER 4TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I REALLY hope thats not true. He did say that it's not definate but OCTOBER 4TH?
Just thought I'd share this scary information with you all

It sounds like a lot of sources are starting to say October. I think that's ridiculous that it should be that long. I remember just a few months ago thinking it that it was coming out at the LATEST by April. Well it's already the middle of May now so I've lost all my hope in this game coming out. I wish it would come out over the Summer when I actually have time to play it
Post Thu May 15, 2003 2:47 pm
ziBzi
Necromancer
Necromancer

OMG..i have lost my FF7 game for PC..im cracking up.
Its impossible to go out and Buy this game..i dont know anywhere that has even just 1 copy..
does anyone know a store where i could order it or get it online?????
Post Sat May 17, 2003 12:03 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Ebay. Be warned, FF parts for PC are expensive.
Post Sat May 17, 2003 12:13 pm