Some new spells
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Kado
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Some new spells

The vast amount of new screenshots for Gothic 2 has got me really wanting it to come out already! The one that's got me the most would be the 'Firestorm' screenshot. Take a look at that, it's actually raining fire. The lighting looks pretty good too!

I want to know what kind of new spells you Gothic fans would like to see.

Unreal 2: The Disappointment
Post Wed Jul 31, 2002 12:58 pm
Ariakas
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Being a Might and Magic fan also, I would like to see Town Portal and Lloyds Beacon. I think this would be a lot better than having to use to waypoint cheat in the console. Invisibility would be nice also.
Post Wed Jul 31, 2002 1:51 pm
ixos
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

...being a Gothic1 fan, Gothic2 has got me wondering if the ladies have 512x512 textures on them

Post Wed Jul 31, 2002 2:35 pm
Gig
Southern Spirit
Southern Spirit

In the construction set for Gothic there are tons of runes that never appear. There is a rune model for every spell in the game including the scroll only transformation spells. I wonder if any of those runes will make it into G2.
''Perhaps I'm old and tired but I always think that the chances of finding out what really is going on are so absurdly remote that the only thing to do is to say hang the sense of it and just keep yourself occupied. Look at me: I design coastlines. I got an award for Norway.''--Slartibartfast
Post Wed Jul 31, 2002 2:38 pm
txiabxyooj
Fox Spirit
Fox Spirit

i would love to see a levitation spell or maybe a telekensis spell. that way i wouldn't have to fight the green hoard i could just lift them and leave them on a ledge somewhere. it would also be cool if you spells affected the natural world. for example, it would be nice if you could use an ice spell to freeze water. that way you could just walk across a river rather than wadeing across. i would also like to see more enchanted weapons. like a bow that shoots fire arrows or lightning. also, summon spells are always nice. finally i think i could go for some transformation spells. like a spell that would allow you to become a raven so you could fly about and check out gothic from above (i have already seen gothic from the perspective of a meat bug...so why not a bird this time?).
"The origin of things, if things have an origin, cannot be revealed to me, if revealed at all, until I have travelled very far from it, and many revolutions of the sun must precede my first dawn. The light as it appears hides the candle." --Santayana
=member of the worshippers of the written word=
=member of the Non-flamers' guild=
Post Wed Jul 31, 2002 7:24 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

hehe well as i heard from somewhere there will be again a Town Portal scroll but its like in Gothic 1 hidden somewhere and not that easy to get
Post Wed Jul 31, 2002 11:44 pm
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

quote:
Originally posted by txiabxyooj
i it would also be cool if you spells affected the natural world. for example, it would be nice if you could use an ice spell to freeze water. that way you could just walk across a river rather than wadeing across. ).

Too cool, I love it. RPG's always have "puzzles" to solve to obtain an objective. What if in Gothic, in the temple were the fire pit is, you had to cast ice(which only worked for a short time) to get from one pedestal to the other, since jumping or anything else would'nt work.

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Thu Aug 01, 2002 3:18 am
Dreaga07
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

what id like to see

i would like to see all spells available as both scrolls and runes, that way i dont have to carry lots of scrolls if i play a mage. and i want spells to affect more, like if i had a telekenisis, i want to not only move lots of objects, but ppl and critters too. and deifinatly more transform spells, like some more flyin critters, or transform into troll, really scare ppl that way. and sleep needs to work on cratures and npcs as well.

=Member of The Sixth House=
=Member of The Non-Flamer's Guild=
Post Thu Aug 01, 2002 4:52 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

yeah that idea would be real cool
Post Thu Aug 01, 2002 1:30 pm
Alric Du'Urden Arch Magi
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Spells I want to see.

I'd like to see ohh i don't know, how about Disintegration. I'd love to see a a scavenger get zapped into a pile of dust....How about some earth based spells ie: earthquake, spikes of earth etc....somehting along those lines.

"You have not experienced true fear until you stare down a grown troll." {Alric Du'Urden}
Post Sun Aug 04, 2002 10:43 pm
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

How about an earth based armour spell that compensates for weak mage-robes.
Post Sun Aug 04, 2002 11:20 pm
DzD
Unknown
Unknown

quote:
Originally posted by sauron38
How about an earth based armour spell that compensates for weak mage-robes.
They are not weak in Gothic I. =)
His latest, a hit
Cuz the Little One's a mystery to me

Written by - dteowner
Post Mon Aug 05, 2002 12:15 am
TheLonePaladin
Mighty Warrior
Mighty Warrior

what about some defensive (or offensive...whatever) auras like the paladins had in D2. or a berserker rage spell or something that doubles all your stats but slowly drains your health or mana or something. that'd be cool
"Though the gates that stand between the mortal world and the immortal Realm of Chaos are now closed to me, still I would rather die having glimpsed eternity than never to have stirred the cold furrow of mortal life.
I embrace death without regret as I embraced life without fear."
Post Mon Aug 05, 2002 1:35 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

well there could be one spell what i really would want a spell that will scare off the creature/monster. it would be good in critical times when the health is down
Post Mon Aug 05, 2002 12:41 pm
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

How 'bout a spell that you get after "completing" the game, where you can lay waste to the entire island. The only problem is that when you use it (despite your magic armour) you get reverted to level 1.
Post Mon Aug 05, 2002 6:53 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next