Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Gothic 3 Facts and discussion thread (06/04/04)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Does this post need to become sticky?
yes
85%
 85%  [ 6 ]
no
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

Author Thread
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

Hopefully it will be something like paint for gothic 2 and fotoshop for g3. Only graphics doesn't make a game good, but it sure helps to make a good game much better
Post Tue May 18, 2004 4:10 pm
QreepyBORIS
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Much credit to you!

This game sounds like it will be AWESOME. I can't wait until It comes out. My only worry, and a rather strong one after what happened to TNotR, is that Gothic III won't come out in English! The Gothic series have always been my favorite games (that is, since I got them), andI would be incredibly dissapointed if they did not come out in English. If they don't I'm going to learn German just so I can play it (yeah, I'm kind of pitiful. So sue me). I imported Gothic from England to play it months before the release in America. Thank God I did....

Well anyways, All of the confirmed issues sound great. More than great, actually. I will reiterate: I cannot wait until this game comes out.

There is one issue with the Scaled map that I have. Is that WHOLE thing 10 kilometers? Or each of the black and white bars 10 kilometers? Either way, it sounds...off. Not right. Etcetera. And if the map will be 5 times bigger, the map will still portray things horrendously large. But, that is the least of my worries.

Finally, are there any good official websites where there is Gothic III information? I would love to have them. Preferably in English, but I know enough German to get...the rudiments, at least. French would be great, too (not that there are any of those...).

And again: Thank you for posting this!
I DO NOT HAVE OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDER! I DO NOT HAVE OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDER! I DO NOT HAVE OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDER! I DO NOT HAVE OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDER! I DO NOT HAVE OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDER! I DO NOT HAVE OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDER! I DO NOT HAVE OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDER!I DO NOT HAVE OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDER! I DO NOT HAVE OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDER!
Post Tue May 18, 2004 8:07 pm
Yamcha
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

There isn't a site that would have news only about Gothic 3.
Regulary check rpgdot news and you can also go to the official site for Gothic (there isn't one for Gothic 3) and ofcourse on this forum you get a lot of news
Post Tue May 18, 2004 8:14 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

rpgdot is the best place imo to find the news about the 3rd part and offcorse here on the forums every little detail is almost shown
Post Wed May 19, 2004 1:42 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by QreepyBORIS
Much credit to you!

There is one issue with the Scaled map that I have. Is that WHOLE thing 10 kilometers? Or each of the black and white bars 10 kilometers? Either way, it sounds...off. Not right. Etcetera. And if the map will be 5 times bigger, the map will still portray things horrendously large. But, that is the least of my worries.

Finally, are there any good official websites where there is Gothic III information? I would love to have them. Preferably in English, but I know enough German to get...the rudiments, at least. French would be great, too (not that there are any of those...).

And again: Thank you for posting this!

Thank you very much

What scaled map? You mean the maps in the game. I know that some things on the map of Khorinis aren't exactly in proportions, if that's what you mean. The black troll is much larger than the pyramids on the map.
Maybe they use for gothic 3 the same size worlds like VoM and Khorinis only 12 or 15 of them? Or you just have small maps from one specific area and not a large world map. Or you have a map with a zoom-option etc. Don't worry about that. I'm sure they will think about something to solve that.

The official website isn't online yet, just wait and see.
Post Wed May 19, 2004 3:08 pm
lycanthropy
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Sure there will be many "loading"existing in G3.
I can't stand Morrowind for its such a great number of "loading'
Maybe these will only happend when we trying to get to another island by ship.

I am still studying English because of G2, how can i do it again for G3 to study German.
Post Thu May 20, 2004 8:38 am
Bartacus
Il Buono
Il Buono

quote:
Originally posted by lycanthropy

I am still studying English because of G2, how can i do it again for G3 to study German.

Indeed, Morrowind has to many loading game stuff. I hope it will be like the original: When you enter a mine or the sleepers temple, you got loading times. That's how most games should be. I trust PB will follow this path for Gothic 3 too.
NFG member
Post Thu May 20, 2004 11:36 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Bartacus
quote:
Originally posted by lycanthropy

Indeed, Morrowind has to many loading game stuff. I hope it will be like the original: When you enter a mine or the sleepers temple, you got loading times. That's how most games should be. I trust PB will follow this path for Gothic 3 too.

Btw thats why i dont like morrowind first when i buyed the game i installed it and was in a good mooth to play the game but after some enemys ran behind me allways and i started to fight with them , in the middle of the fight came LOADING and i was killed
Post Thu May 20, 2004 12:22 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

I hope they keep the same system of worlds used in G2, maybe with some larger worlds but not one enormous world, that is devastating to your system. I have no problems with a world that's divided in separate areas.
Post Thu May 20, 2004 7:14 pm
Balrog
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I like Gothic's story graphics and NPCs more than Morrowind's but if the Gothics where so big as Morrowind i believe it would be much better.In G3 will Lee and Xardas play inportant role?I prefer a bigger Gothic, a huge gothic an enormous gothic and well designed rather than a small well designed gothic or a large bad designed gothic.The size play important role... do not forget this! But i prefer morrowinds size than gothic's u spent more hours and u can play it as you wait for G4. Its only one year...
Post Thu May 20, 2004 8:03 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

we dont know if there will be any G4 cos somewhere were some hearings that there will be only 3 parts
Post Fri May 21, 2004 2:01 pm
Yamcha
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

I will be very unhappy when the Gothic series will be finished
Post Fri May 21, 2004 6:31 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

I think it's way to early to say something about G4. Of course it can be the case that the developers just have had enough after three games and want to make some other game. Otherwise I think the sales of G3 will determine a lot of the future Gothic games.
Post Fri May 21, 2004 9:00 pm
Gorn's best mate
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I actually think it's too early to even make assumptions about G3. But you won't see me emulating a moose on a railtrack. I just think it's best if people didn't work themselves up too much. In a year's time we will know where. Maybe even a provisional release date. Until then, we'll have to live of scraps thrown to us by PB, which will probably in the end be err.. just scrapped anyway.

Will there be a G4? I would hope that PB stick to their guns and end the series IF the storyline demands it. If there is a natural conclusion at the end of G3, then they could always start on a new game or even series. But we are talking years from now. Who knows if anyone of the original team will still be around.

I do think that the international release will be much more timely for G3. After all, Jowood is in a healthier financial situation thanks to some recent successes. Don't forget that G2 was rushed out, because Jowood was looking at receivership at the time. Either they released what they had finished then (German version) or nothing at all. A lot of things in the addon where meant to be in the original game, but they simply had no time to implement them. So play the addon for a full throttle experience <nudge, nudge> .
Post Sat May 22, 2004 12:14 pm
Kapchris
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I love this game i have finished both gothic 1 and 2 more than 10 times and i want to play again.
what i want to say is that i would like to see some horses on gothic3
here in greece its only a year since i got gothic2 and i am waiting for gothic3 but i am sure that time will be after 2005
Post Sat May 22, 2004 3:12 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13, 14, 15  Next