Members
Usergroups
Questron (PC, Single-Player RPG)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Games Comments

Author Thread
Everquesting777

Questron for PC

There is a very good reason that I -despite current involvement in Doom 3, ongoing Warcraft iii, Halo2 and Diablo Adventuring - am searching for a PC version of this game. Like an old flame that never quite died, there is just something about the play that other games - even those far more advanced - are missing. I love this game.
Post Wed May 04, 2005 4:40 pm

crpgnut
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

I remember replaying this a year or two ago via an emulator. I agree that these games were incredibly fun. Questron, Questron 2, Legacy of the Ancients, and the Legend of Blacksilver were all basically the same. Great games!
Post Fri May 06, 2005 3:25 pm
Sir Markus
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Wow I had forgotten about that title. I played it on my old Atari 800 what a great game, I played that right around the time I played Ultima 3 and Wizard's Crown. Great memories. In any case, I'm not sure if Questron was ever put out on PC. My recollection is that it was only released on Atari and Commodore 64 (and maybe Apple, but I don't think so).
Post Mon May 09, 2005 8:28 pm
Kendrik
Thin Blue Line
Thin Blue Line

The original Questron was never released on the PC however Questron 2 was and you can get it from abandonware sites (such as underdogs). I won't post the link here as I'm not sure what the board rules are regarding abandonware.

Hope this may go someway to "taking you back"
~~Champion of the (Unofficial) RPGdot Text Signature Contest 2002~~
Post Tue May 10, 2005 10:11 am
justaguest

questron on Apple

quote:
and maybe Apple, but I don't think so).

Questron was definitely available for the Apple II. It was one of my favorite games. The "skeet shooting" game I was great at...and was much easier to play if you had a paddle. I got such a high score on it, that my dex went up so far that I was NEVER touched by a guard...they always missed. Made raiding towns extremely easy .

Never played Questron II, though. Legacy of the Ancients I played, but really didn't get anywhere, though. But seemed almost identical to Questron (but didn't have the same immersiveness feel that Questron did)
Post Tue May 17, 2005 1:31 pm