relief for Vatras
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
vbrokop
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

relief for Vatras

it seems to me that i already had to get someone to substitute for Vatras once already... well, now in order to repair the jewel for the Eye of Innos, Vatras informs me that he again needs another water mage replacement to come to the city.

i tried to remember which npc's were water mage members, in hopes that one of them would give me a dialogue option while wearing my water mage ring... this didn't seem to work. and i've spent a good amount of time in the expansion area talking to all those water mages, and i don't recall them ever giving me a new dialoge option, either.

anyway... i type too much. who's got an answer for me?
Post Tue Aug 17, 2004 3:52 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

You will first have to complete the main quest in the x-pack, so you'll probably need to kill Raven first before any mages will want to come to Khorinis.
Post Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:51 am
vbrokop
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

oh, okay, great. i find it interesting, though, that none of the mages hint to this being the case.

so the whole expansion is done in chapter 3, then? aside from side quests, that is...
Post Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:12 pm
Borntoeat
Village Leader
Village Leader

addon main quest has to be done before chapter 4, but you can do it before chapter 3 if you want, so your char is more powerful before seekers. but if you're in chapter 3 you can go to addonworld as a paladin(with blessed sword) or as a dragon hunter, and as a mage your char can enter to 3rd circle. in my opinion addworld is easier than seekers. so I went to jakhendar in chapter 2
Post Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:08 pm
vbrokop
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

first time through gothic 2 without expansion i don't recall having any difficulty with seekers as a paladin. i'm having a heck of a time with them as a mage..!

i'm wondering if my char is just a big wimp.
Post Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:05 am
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

No they are really weak in plain gothic2, the wurst they can do is make it inpôssible to heal with sleeping but in the add-on they became much tougher, or so I heared cause never had the change to find it in stores
Post Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:06 am
Borntoeat
Village Leader
Village Leader

in original gothic 2 seekers have first only firebolt ...in addon they have in chapter 3 fireball, small firestorm and even fire rain! I don't know if there's anything else but these spells they've used on me...
Post Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:33 am
vbrokop
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

ahh, yes, that must be it. i didn't remember that they were limited to fire bolts in virgin gothic 2.

thanks for the help, guys.
Post Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:47 pm