Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
If you've done the mage quest for Staff of Magnus...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
sphinxlet

If you've done the mage quest for Staff of Magnus...

Ajira at the mage guild in Balmora tells me the staff of Magnus is in Assu Cave NW of Molag Mar on the slopes of Mt. Kand. Well, I've been up down and all around that mountain and can't find it. I found the door to Mt. Kand cavern where you go down and have to answer the riddles of the fire, frost and storm elementals. If anyone out there could at least tell me if Assu cave is on the north, south, east or west side of the mountain, it'd make me VERY happy. And maybe terrain description, such as was it among all those tall, spikey rocks, or on one of those steep, smooth slopes, whatever. I know I should probably just go on to something else, but I can be very stubborn. Thanks.
Post Wed May 15, 2002 2:29 pm

KPeh
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Took me ages to find this too. I recall it being at the bottom of the slope. I seem to recall the path splittling off the main 'ring' around the mountain. I passed it more than once.
Post Wed May 15, 2002 4:20 pm
daFrog

OK from the cave with the atronachs go N until the point at which the path 1N bound to 2 southbound and go down the other (Eastern) path - its about 15 yards away. Use the mini-map as paths in that are much more obvious than looking at the ground.
And *DIFFERENT SPOILER ALERT*
while you are there - in the rocks above the cavern that you did find is where you find the staff for the Imperial Cult quest (on a corpse).
Boy was that ever hard to find. It took me 2 hours - but with levitate its cake.
Post Wed May 15, 2002 9:02 pm

sphinxlet

Thanks for the help guys, I found it.
Post Thu May 16, 2002 5:49 am