Usergroups
Grimoire (PC, Single-Player RPG)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Games Comments

Author Thread
Fez
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Interesting that you hold Nietszche in high regard.

"Pretty obsessive stuff up here. I'm kind of amazed anybody would take it quite that personally that an old fashioned indie RPG is not finished yet. "

I think it flares up every time you announce the game is coming out. To be honest I forget about it until another announcement comes out about once a year or so.

I'm not angry about it, it just seems crazy that you'd go through all this for nothing or very little gain. Other indie developers have put out a lot more games and have done well for themselves and their familes with a fraction of the time you have spent. It's more frustration on my part because I hate to see someone waste their lives if they could be making something good.

There's nothing wrong with protecting your family, but how you are going to do that by living in a bomb shelter and espousing doom prophecies I cannot see. You complain about "innui" (ennui?), but you are the one hiding in a shell from everyone else. I don't see you trying to change the world or save it, instead you blame everyone else.

The bomb shelter won't protect you any better than a house if someone wants to kill you, so why should the whole world live in bomb shelters?

But, you know, whatever turns you on, it is your life, I am not going to stop you, so don't worry. Have fun sir.

If it's bothering Myrthos I am not going to drag this on.

Hope the game goes smoothly for you then. You never know, maybe you'll surprise us all, I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than have my cynicism confirmed. Just make sure you know the game is coming out before you announce it next time.
Post Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:21 am

I have no idea what the rest of the post responses
will say, I'm not wading through two more pages of
blah-blah. But I played a beta of this game some
four years ago believe it or not. It's more than just
a Photoshop send up of the genre. *shrugs* But I am
quite surprised that the final edition is yet to see the
light of day. Go figure.

BTW....I don't frequent this forum, so if you're going
to flame me, go right on ahead. *throws down the
barbecue bricks*
Post Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:36 am

quote:
Originally posted by Fez
Interesting that you hold Nietszche in high regard.

I've outgrown my adolescent infatuation with him - irregardless, the most brilliant and original thinker ever produced by Western civilization by a huge margin, literally without peer. The guy had better ideas near the end when syphilis was eating his brain away than most of the other "thinkers" of the Western pantheon had in their entire lives. Some of his weakest and unrefined notions later formed the basis for entire schools of thought that still persist today. The majority of 21st century ideas are usually knockoffs of some facet of Nietszche.

quote:
Originally posted by Fez

There's nothing wrong with protecting your family, but how you are going to do that by living in a bomb shelter and espousing doom prophecies I cannot see. You complain about "innui" (ennui?), but you are the one hiding in a shell from everyone else. I don't see you trying to change the world or save it, instead you blame everyone else.

The reason I'm not trying to "change the world" is that I do not have messianic delusions like those that are common nowadays to most of the unwashed public. I have a realistic and pragmatic outlook on life far more mature than most people will ever be able to hope for. I understand the things I can control in life. I know for a fact I cannot resolve the issue of ownership of Taiwan by the mainland, nor can I reform Communism in Asia or singlehandedly rescue the rapidly declining west from it's natural fate. On the other hand, I can put 16 feet of packed earth between my family and the leading edge of the blast wave after the Chinese blockade is breeched by the U.S. Navy and China's first act is to destroy the refueling station for U.S. submarines at Brisbane harbor, then follows it up by taking out the over-the-horizon radar at Townsend.

Australian Nuclear Targets Here

Not only is it realistic to plan to survive the next world war with my familiy, it is particularly poignant to plan for this eventuality in Australia. Our nation is unique in that it is likely that only strategic targets will be hit in Australia due to our alliance with the United States, meaning our total casualties will come mostly from fallout and not blast.

Remember, every time shortly before a world war has broken out this century, the generation living in that period believed that such a war was impossible. In fact, delusional thinking about their situation was always peaking right at the moment the war began. The League of Nations in 1929 had made war illegal. One of the single best ways to tell when you are on the brink of such a war is to determine if the man on the street believes that kind of event is utterly impossible and will never impact him personally. When this kind of sentiment is widespread, I guarantee you that you stand at the brink of another war.

World War III won't be the "end of the world." Neither will World War IV or V. It will be just another war, which is part of the human condition.
Post Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:57 am

Cleve Blakemore

Hmm ...

quote:
Originally posted by Fez

The bomb shelter won't protect you any better than a house if someone wants to kill you, so why should the whole world live in bomb shelters?

It's funny, the huge gulf between what comes out of people's mouths and what they really mean. There isn't too much consistency between the two.

Your problem is that you've never known any real fear in your life. You'd be amazed at just how sober it can make you in the space of seconds. Forget all that Oprah talk about "negative energy," because fear is a terrific enhancer and stimulant to clear thinking.

We recently had a pretty big storm here on the Gold Coast. My family spent the night in the shelter. Our neighbors had a tree about four stories tall that fell over in their yard, narrowly missing the roof of their house. If it had hit them it would almost certainly have killed them as they lay in their beds. On the other hand, the entire mountain could have blown over while we were down in the shelter razing every home around us to the ground and we would not have even known about it until we emerged. The shelter and connecting silo system that I constructed are effectively impervious to nearly anything that happens aboveground. A one megaton airburst directly overhead couldn't even make us spill our tea inside the shelter.

It's fun to say self-indulgent childish things like "those things couldn't protect you," but if you were our neighbor and saw us going down in that shelter while the television set was covering increasingly tense news over the confrontation in the straits of Taiwan, or hostilities in North Korea or reporting on the Russian counterstrike following the invasion of Iran ... you'd probably get down on your knees and beg to be admitted. Saying you wouldn't is proof you've never known that kind of authentic fear in your life. I lived through the LA riots - trust me, all that fake bravado and feigned indifference to one's fate goes right out the window when the you know what hits the fan. The same people who said they couldn't let it affect their lifestyle yesterday will be curled up into a fetal position and screaming in terror today. It's not like those made-for-television movies at all, trust me.
Post Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:11 am

crpgnut
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Hehehe, Cleve is still as wacky as ever but I believe that he can make a good game. I HOPE that he can make a great game. I don't care if he lives in a bomb shelter and believes that he is Superman, if he makes a good game he's done more to further my favorite genre than I have. I've talked to Piers Anthony and Robert Jordan and both men seemed fairly wacko. Both have made worlds come alive with their words though. I hope Cleve will be the same.

2 years, 5 years, 7 years doesn't matter. I'm not paying him True, the graphics on his website are very dated, but who cares? Gameplay is worth an infinite more amount than graphics. The only crpg that I've ever just been wowed by the graphics was Morrowind. That didn't make the game great though. Morrowind was great, in my opinion, because of the freedom that it allowed you to do what you want. If they can ever master NPCs, I'll bow before their throne. It has been their weakness though.

Go Cleve! I too am a little skeptical about the game ever getting released, but unlike some of the above posters, I hope to be proven wrong. I'll gladly choke on my skepticism once the game comes out

Corwin, thanks for the reply. I love a good shareware game as you can obviously see from my posts. I hope to add Grimoire to the list.

For those who don't believe Grimoire will ever see the light of day, you might want to try one or more of these:

Prelude to Darkness
Dark Disciples 1 (2 is in the works)
Homeland
Helherron
Natuk
Anything by Jeff Vogel
Yendorian Tales 1-3
Post Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:32 am
Fez
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

I am presuming the "guest" was you too and not an impostor, yes? Just in case.

Nietszche was a bit of a mixed bag for me, but follow who you want. As long as you are not hurting anyone else I don't see any harm in it. I am not criticising you for it.

The point about your shelter is that it is going to help with some bad wind (of the elemental kind, not digestive), though I'd be worried about freak tsunamis of natural or artificial kind now and being sunk into the earth means it'll flood right up unless that thing is air tight.

If an army does get as far as the scenario you propose your shelter will not stop them. It wouldn't even stop WW2 technology. In a post atomic age you wouldn't last a second. Even conventional hardware would rip through it with a stray shell. It's not worth your bother if that is why you have it. Even an old cold war nuclear bunker wouldn't stop an army now.

If a one megaton air burst (or whatever size) happened over head you would have no life to go ahead with, even if you did survive. You would be swiftly destroyed by the invading armies, even if the heat and radiation did not kill you.

I've seen plenty scare stories over the years and that is the point, it's just scare stories, Cuban missile crises and all the rest after it. If something happens I want to be at the front. Not sitting on my arse waiting for others to sort it out for me and then crawl out my hiding hole afterwards.

If you truly cared you'd either join the army or become a politician. You do not need to be a messiah to do that, and you know fine well.

Claiming I know nothing of fear was a fair go as you could have been on the money, but I've had more than enough close calls in life already, but the point is I am not going to give in to that and change because of someone how tries to attack me. They do not deserve that kind of respect. You shouldn't give the "commie threat" or whatever this awe you have as it doesn't deserve it.

You are just as fatalistic as the people you accuse of it. By the very act of building the shelter you have shown you have given up and now gleefully await your neighbour's deaths. You should instead try to prevent what you think will happen. Do you want your children to survive in a devestated country ruled by someone else? That is the only scenario your shelter will help with, and even then I am being generous.

It's not all "self-indulgent" or "childish" to point out the truth. If I wanted to be childish I'd have said something way off instead. I already know scenarios that go way back for threats of war and bombing from internal government sources and an old-fashioned earthwork WW2 style shelter isn't going to stop any army with post WW1 equipment.

You should go for politics if you truly believe what you say. It'd be the only way you would be true to yourself.
Post Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:47 am
Cleve Blakemore

Yah huh

quote:
Originally posted by Fez

Nietszche was a bit of a mixed bag for me, but follow who you want. As long as you are not hurting anyone else I don't see any harm in it. I am not criticising you for it.

I'm not a "follower" of Nietszche. I respect genius when I see it.

quote:
Originally posted by Fez

The point about your shelter is that it is going to help with some bad wind (of the elemental kind, not digestive), though I'd be worried about freak tsunamis of natural or artificial kind now and being sunk into the earth means it'll flood right up unless that thing is air tight.

Oh, the worry of the hour now is tsunamis, right? Yes, I see, that happened more than a month ago and is still fresh in your mind. In a few weeks it may be something else. It's a real threat because it happened recently. In a few months it will fade in your memory.

You don't really think I'd build a $400,000 underground complex at sea level, do you? You think I'm some kind of amateur dabbler. I've got my own personal Black Mesa up on a mountain about 140 meters above the ocean cut into pre-cambrian granite rock strata that has not been disturbed in untold millions of years. The costs alone for excavating such a refuge are enormous. It requires special rock chipping and heavy earth moving equipment to even cut into the ground on my land. More than sixty tons of blue rock were removed for Firehold Bravo alone.

quote:
Originally posted by Fez

If an army does get as far as the scenario you propose your shelter will not stop them. It wouldn't even stop WW2 technology. In a post atomic age you wouldn't last a second. Even conventional hardware would rip through it with a stray shell. It's not worth your bother if that is why you have it. Even an old cold war nuclear bunker wouldn't stop an army now.

Is that right? You think I will have to fight armies, then? Kind of like in comic books?

This is childlike stuff. This is the way a person talks if they've been raised in a bubble of sensory deprivation their entire life. Armies are going to "attack me" following a nuclear war.

The real problems following a nuclear war are not quite so dramatic, I'm afraid. They involve rather mundane things like securing a source of clean drinking water, replenishable food stocks and safe shielding from the residual radiation background of the environment. Alas, no dramatic charges from armies or Mad-Max style muscle men in nylons and leather chaps and high heels. That's all fantasy. The realities kill you in a very untheatrical fashion with little opportunity for grand dramatic finales.

Following a nuclear war, about 10% will die from direct effects, 50% from fallout and 40% of the population will die a slow, grueling death from starvation. No exciting chase scenes in hyped up motorcars, bold stands against invaders or anything like that.

quote:
Originally posted by Fez

If a one megaton air burst (or whatever size) happened over head you would have no life to go ahead with, even if you did survive. You would be swiftly destroyed by the invading armies, even if the heat and radiation did not kill you.

Don't you think you should become more aqquainted with what you are talking about before you inform me of your misunderstandings?

My blast shelter is based on a design perfected at Oak Ridge laboratories in the 1950's. It's a special kind of construction that is rated to survive directly beneath a one megaton airburst at five hundred meters or right on the lip of a 5 megaton ground buster. The kinds of tactical nukes used nowadays can still pulverise a conventional home and the inhabitants into dust but would hardly even rouse us from sleep inside my shelter. With the entrances packed with sandbags which I keep handy at all times, reflected direct radiation (never a worry to ordinary folks as blast would normally kill them first) would not reach us within and conventional fallout of the variety that would kill somebody aboveground in twenty minutes would scarcely affect us at all inside.

quote:
Originally posted by Fez

I've seen plenty scare stories over the years and that is the point, it's just scare stories, Cuban missile crises and all the rest after it. If something happens I want to be at the front. Not sitting on my arse waiting for others to sort it out for me and then crawl out my hiding hole afterwards.

Scare stories? What on earth are you talking about?

Like most of the people of the west, your chances of being "at the front" are very slim to none. Whether you appreciate it or not, you will survive a nuclear war. It is the months and weeks that follow that will see you die in the most painfully drawn out and arduous manner imaginable, due directly to your failure to prepare for such an eventuality. I think given time to reflect you will think back to your old buddy Cleve and wish perhaps you had been a wiser person back then, wise enough at least to listen to what you were hearing and try to understand. An empty belly and hair falling out, open sores running with opportunist parasites will make it seem to you like your words of former were the ridiculous utterances of a fool. You will think back to your mistakes and regret you were not more open minded.

Like it or not, like me or not - I'm the realist. Yours is a decidely unrealistic and self delusional perspective. You're counting on the social order to protect your from the inevitable - that's nothing but the empty speech of men which happens to be useless as radiation shielding and therefore is useless, period.

Speaking of the tsunami, how do you think somebody like me would fare should something like that happen to the coast where I live? Do you think you'd see me out in the street with my hands out for rice off the back of a UN truck or in a tent camp fighting over a loaf of bread? I think not. Do you think my children would be begging for a sip of fresh water or in rags wandering the roads? I don't believe so. Civil Defense is just plain good sense, all the time.

quote:
Originally posted by Fez

If you truly cared you'd either join the army or become a politician. You do not need to be a messiah to do that, and you know fine well.

Join the Army? Become a politician?

Well, I once was in one of those professions.

I can't imagine a more useless, futile life than to be a soldier or a politician. Honestly, they'd have to be some of the most ineffective and helpless people in existence. The sheer pathos of both jobs beggars description.

Join the Army.

You think I'm the crazy one. Right.

quote:
Originally posted by Fez

Claiming I know nothing of fear was a fair go as you could have been on the money, but I've had more than enough close calls in life already, but the point is I am not going to give in to that and change because of someone how tries to attack me. They do not deserve that kind of respect. You shouldn't give the "commie threat" or whatever this awe you have as it doesn't deserve it.

I don't know about the "commie threat" but what has got me worried is 10,000 rads an hour of fallout drifting along the northern coast for three months. It doesn't really matter how you feel subjectively about that, because it will kill you irregardless without shelter.

quote:
Originally posted by Fez

You are just as fatalistic as the people you accuse of it. By the very act of building the shelter you have shown you have given up and now gleefully await your neighbour's deaths. You should instead try to prevent what you think will happen. Do you want your children to survive in a devestated country ruled by someone else? That is the only scenario your shelter will help with, and even then I am being generous.

quote:
Originally posted by Fez

... an old-fashioned earthwork WW2 style shelter isn't going to stop any army with post WW1 equipment.

You should go for politics if you truly believe what you say. It'd be the only way you would be true to yourself.

Politics!! Those guys are important! That's why people voted for them!

No, I should go on Oprah instead. Then I'd save the world! Really! With my sooper dooper Wile Coyote mental powers! Honest! That would protect me!

Haahahahahaha!

By the way, that's not an old fashioned WW2 style earthworks shelter. It's a 9 gauge galvanized steel spherical underground structure capable of surviving nearly 5000 psi topside without failing which will probably persist for at least two centuries without significant deterioration. That's without taking into account earth arching and the compression of the crushed rock backfill layer. It's superior to most government shelters built of concrete and would probably pull through where almost all conventional structures would fail.
Post Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:12 am

Cleve Blakemore

Yah huh

quote:
Originally posted by Fez

I'm not a "follower" of Nietszche. I respect genius when I see it.

quote:
Originally posted by Fez

Oh, the worry of the hour now is tsunamis, right? Yes, I see, that happened more than a month ago and is still fresh in your mind. In a few weeks it may be something else. It's a real threat because it happened recently. In a few months it will fade in your memory.

You don't really think I'd build a $400,000 underground complex at sea level, do you? You think I'm some kind of amateur dabbler. I've got my own personal Black Mesa up on a mountain about 140 meters above the ocean cut into pre-cambrian granite rock strata that has not been disturbed in untold millions of years. The costs alone for excavating such a refuge are enormous. It requires special rock chipping and heavy earth moving equipment to even cut into the ground on my land. More than sixty tons of blue rock were removed for Firehold Bravo alone.

quote:
Originally posted by Fez

Is that right? You think I will have to fight armies, then? Kind of like in comic books?

This is childlike stuff. This is the way a person talks if they've been raised in a bubble of sensory deprivation their entire life. Armies are going to "attack me" following a nuclear war.

The real problems following a nuclear war are not quite so dramatic, I'm afraid. They involve rather mundane things like securing a source of clean drinking water, replenishable food stocks and safe shielding from the residual radiation background of the environment. Alas, no dramatic charges from armies or Mad-Max style muscle men in nylons and leather chaps and high heels. That's all fantasy. The realities kill you in a very untheatrical fashion with little opportunity for grand dramatic finales.

Following a nuclear war, about 10% will die from direct effects, 50% from fallout and 40% of the population will die a slow, grueling death from starvation. No exciting chase scenes in hyped up motorcars, bold stands against invaders or anything like that.

quote:
Originally posted by Fez

Don't you think you should become more aqquainted with what you are talking about before you inform me of your misunderstandings?

My blast shelter is based on a design perfected at Oak Ridge laboratories in the 1950's. It's a special kind of construction that is rated to survive directly beneath a one megaton airburst at five hundred meters or right on the lip of a 5 megaton ground buster. The kinds of tactical nukes used nowadays can still pulverise a conventional home and the inhabitants into dust but would hardly even rouse us from sleep inside my shelter. With the entrances packed with sandbags which I keep handy at all times, reflected direct radiation (never a worry to ordinary folks as blast would normally kill them first) would not reach us within and conventional fallout of the variety that would kill somebody aboveground in twenty minutes would scarcely affect us at all inside.

quote:
Originally posted by Fez

Scare stories? What on earth are you talking about?

Like most of the people of the west, your chances of being "at the front" are very slim to none. Whether you appreciate it or not, you will survive a nuclear war. It is the months and weeks that follow that will see you die in the most painfully drawn out and arduous manner imaginable, due directly to your failure to prepare for such an eventuality. I think given time to reflect you will think back to your old buddy Cleve and wish perhaps you had been a wiser person back then, wise enough at least to listen to what you were hearing and try to understand. An empty belly and hair falling out, open sores running with opportunist parasites will make it seem to you like your words of former were the ridiculous utterances of a fool. You will think back to your mistakes and regret you were not more open minded.

Like it or not, like me or not - I'm the realist. Yours is a decidely unrealistic and self delusional perspective. You're counting on the social order to protect your from the inevitable - that's nothing but the empty speech of men which happens to be useless as radiation shielding and therefore is useless, period.

Speaking of the tsunami, how do you think somebody like me would fare should something like that happen to the coast where I live? Do you think you'd see me out in the street with my hands out for rice off the back of a UN truck or in a tent camp fighting over a loaf of bread? I think not. Do you think my children would be begging for a sip of fresh water or in rags wandering the roads? I don't believe so. Civil Defense is just plain good sense, all the time.

quote:
Originally posted by Fez

Join the Army? Become a politician?

Well, I once was in one of those professions.

I can't imagine a more useless, futile life than to be a soldier or a politician. Honestly, they'd have to be some of the most ineffective and helpless people in existence. The sheer pathos of both jobs beggars description.

Join the Army.

You think I'm the crazy one. Right.

quote:
Originally posted by Fez

I don't know about the "commie threat" but what has got me worried is 10,000 rads an hour of fallout drifting along the northern coast for three months. It doesn't really matter how you feel subjectively about that, because it will kill you irregardless without shelter.

quote:
Originally posted by Fez

quote:
Originally posted by Fez

... an old-fashioned earthwork WW2 style shelter isn't going to stop any army with post WW1 equipment.

Politics!! Those guys are important! That's why people voted for them!

No, I should go on Oprah instead. Then I'd save the world! Really! With my sooper dooper Wile Coyote mental powers! Honest! That would protect me!

Haahahahahaha!

By the way, that's not an old fashioned WW2 style earthworks shelter. It's a 9 gauge galvanized steel spherical underground structure capable of surviving nearly 5000 psi topside without failing which will probably persist for at least two centuries without significant deterioration. That's without taking into account earth arching and the compression of the crushed rock backfill layer. It's superior to most government shelters built of concrete and would probably pull through where almost all conventional structures would fail.
Post Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:12 am

Cleve Blakemore

Sorry about the double posting, I think it bounced on me.

I just wanted to respond to this :

This is the only accurate thing to come out of your mouth and even then only semi-accurate.

You are right about one thing.

The shelter represents a supreme and final vote of no-confidence in your entire bulls**t Oprah-inspired civilization. By building the shelter, I am clearly stating I think your entire average-IQ 97 society is a crew of severely retarded morons who will frog-march into World War III without anything resembling sound reasoning up to the very end. You got that much right.

I am saying to your world, your culture and your entire paradigm, I don't think you have the foggiest clue of where you are or what you are doing. I have absolute confidence in your incompetence to avert war and keep the peace. I know that I can rely on you and yours to do the stupidest possible thing when the time comes and react in the most banal knee-jerk manner, exactly as you have been doing for the past ten years.

Going into Iraq was so dumb it boggles. I knew you'd do it.

Going into Iran is just plain loony. I know I can count on you homey. You kids are not exactly rocket scientists even though you've got your fingers on the button left behind by your rocket scientist forefathers.

Do me a solid when the time comes, homeboy and just act natural. I know I can count on you like sunshine and gravity. You just keep doing what seems best to you. In the meanwhile ... good luck with all that.

(Click, whirring noise as two ton vault door closes on hydraulics and slams shut)
Post Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:30 am

Fez
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

I notice you once again say you, excluding yourself from the world. You are just as much to blame for the world's problems as anyone else, as you are part of it. You have no high horse. If people die your inaction is just as much to blame as anyone else. In fact if you are as well informed as you claim, then the blood is even more so on your hands, by your own admission. It makes it all easier if you can pretend it's "the man" and "the public" who is doing it all. I wish I had something so easy I could blame all my problems on.

Wake up, it is you problem as long as you breath on this earth it is also your responsibility and blaming opera only makes you look stupid. The whole world doesn't watch the same TV as you, BTW.

At first I thought it could go from just plain argument to a decent debate, but you want to be a fat bitch instead and drag it down, fair enough.

The "misunderstood visionary" act is becoming tiresome and sickening, you are obviously not a genius, you are full of crap. You write a few pathetic games years ago and then "work" on a vapourware game and then your ego swells up to the point you must need an extension on your nutjob central to accommodate it. You cry out for attention every so often now for the decade or so you've been working on your shit heap of a game and then wait for the sloppy handjobs from your retarded fans. You are in the process of losing all grip on reality. You should seek professional help before you end up hurting someone or yourself. I remember the time you claimed Florida was no longer a part of the U.S.and you claiming a new iceage was coming too. You are a liar and a fool. You are creepy and you are a blatant racist, probably part of your hateful paranoia. The irony of it is that the best thing to ensure a war is saying it is going to come, over and over again and prepare for it, just like you are. People like you will be the cause of the next war, as they have done before.

I find your dark joy at people dying disturbing frankly. I guess death and suffering turns you on.

There is a reason why everyone is laughing at you, and here is a clue: it isn't because you are some sort of misunderstood genius. You are right up there with Jack Chick and "Dr" Derek Smart.

The best part is: if you are right there will be no one left to enjoy your game. Idiot.

You are a fruitcake living in a fantasy land. I fear for the safety and mental health of anyone who has to live with you. You are more of a danger to your family than any outside threat.

Have fun cackling away wishing death on others so you feel justified.

I didn't hate you before but after seeing what a smug, condescending, bigheaded, hateful, racist twat you are I see you deserve all the hate you get from everyone.

Cleve Blakemore: Liar, racist, hypocrite.

You've shown your true colours and now I now you are a racist lowlife and thrive on dreams of hate and death.

Some extra Cleve quotes to show what a fool he is:

"I'm returning to the U.S. as soon as I finish Grimoire." (Cleve, 99/2/10)

"My problem for my entire life has been my overwhelming modesty and humility
about my own ability level." (Cleve, 01/10/21)

"My game Grimoire is going to kick Sir-Tech in their ass so hard it is
likely I will actually ruin my foot and have to get it amputated and
replaced by a bionic leg." (Cleve, 01/10/21)

"Ten years later, Wizardry 7 has a contender." (Cleve, 02/04/23)

"It's getting pretty warm to beta, actually." (Cleve, 99/10/23)

"Grimoire will be out soon enough. Then the readers of this newsgroup will
get to see what a decent RPG actually looks like." (Cleve, 02/05/23)

"Funny how everything turns out exactly the way I predicted it, eh?"
(Cleve, 01/12/07)

"Canada Sucks : Time To Eat Crow You Marxist Ratbags"

"Sorry, but there is now overwhelming and reproducible physiological
evidence that testosterone is directly responsible for almost every
noble, ambitious, self-sacrificing, creative, honest, sexy, truthful,
kind and tolerant impulse that human beings have. If a woman displays
these traits to a degree some men do, you can bet she must have a deep
voice and hair on her lip like Ayn Rand, because estrogen compels
people
to conform, reside in strict hierarchies without complaining, submit
to authority figures and believe group standards are superior to one's
own as well as to be content with whatever situation one is in.

Testosterone compels a person to cut new trails, assert oneself and to
create beautiful and singular things and if necessary to be a
destroyer of old value systems. Estrogen compels one to make like a
fly in a beam of sunlight and think happy and uninspired thoughts.
This is the reason men tend to be achievers and excel in science,
philosophy and business ... not "the evil male patriarchy" as the
misguided feminist asserts. If you set a group of boys and girls loose
in a room with computers, the boys don't attack the machines like they
are invading Poland because of "social conditioning."

You have to figure people like Ayn Rand and Nietszche must have
practically had pure testosterone in their bloodstream congealed as
thick as butter.

Read the FBI reports on the early fighters for woman's suffrage.
Notice
how almost all of them had the same traits - deep voices and hair on
their lips? To such a noticeable degree that FBI agents felt compelled
to put it into their reports consistently? Think this is coincidental?
Ever meet a highly sexed woman that did not tend to disparage all
thinking in favor of conformity?

This is also why androgenous women tend to be more interesting, kind,
thoughtful and better lovers. There is also a lot of evidence that
androgenous people in general tend to be physically more robust and
hardier, likely because they have a good even blend of hormones in
their system among other things."

"> Gasmasks won't help you there either, unless you wear one 24/7.

Mine is never more than 4 seconds away since 1988. Sometimes I even
take it to the bathroom with me when I am away at work in the city."

"I had a good laugh watching you all run around after Sept. 11 trying
desperately to buy the gas masks I told you to purchase three years
beforehand. I drank a big iced tea and laughed and laughed. You were
in quite a dumb animal panic, weren't you? Your poor little cerebrums
has a brief glimpse of the possibilities."

Note: above Cleve is mocking 9/11. Sick bastard.

It is a sad day when RPG Dot supports racists. I guess Dhruin supports racism then as he knows all about his posts and corwin worships him, so he would obviously be happy with racism. Nevermind the fact Cleve is a moron and a joke among developers and consumers. You are almost the Jack Chick of the gaming world, but you are not even as talented as him.

One of the best comments on Cleve:

"What I admire most about Cleve Blakemore is that his life is a constructed satire of his own fears. You guys would do well to understand that."

Followed by:

Look at Cleve Blakemore's persona:

"#1: Ginormous - That word just cracks me up. Its a satirical word... asif "enormous" or "gigantic" isn't enough of a description. That Blakemore uses it to describe his muscles speaks volumes (ginormous volumes, perhaps).

Men who go to extreme lengths in the gym, especially for no practicalreason (such as an NFL career) usually have either a ginormous ego orhave ginormous amounts of insecurity. I don't think Blakemoregoes to extreme lengths in the gym... I'm not sure he goes to the gym(or even his own personal work out center) at all. Again, the wholething is a satire of his fears.

#1 moves into #2: Blakemorecommonly talks about Blacks taking over the world, or variationsthereof. He tells stories of his ginormous frame successfully resistingthis process in violent fashion.

Blakemore is aracist. There is a common idea that blacks are more muscular thanwhites, and racist whites with this idea have to either promote otherthings over musculature for their manliness or they have to promotecompetition in musculature (where they begin from behind, per theidea).

#2 moves into #3: Blakemoretalks not only about ridiculous levels of musculature, but frequentlyhonors intelligence. Exposing his fear, he talks in doomsday tonesabout declining intelligence (of whites). I suppose the idea is thatintelligence got nuked and whites had better bulk up for the man-to-manrace war. Flex those Ginormous muscles!

Even Blakemoremight agree that racially speaking, the Chinese have the best chance tosupplant Whites in the global power game. But since this is about theconstructed satire of his own fears, the Chinese are irrelevant. Clevedoesn't fear the Chinese, he fears Blacks. Those of you familiar withthe Southern Slave culture of the United States know where Cleve is coming from.

#4: To Blakemore,nuclear war is a logical extension of a world turned upside down. Hisview is of a world that is falling apart. Old culture disintegrating,Whites losing control. If you really want the truth about Blakemore, nuclear war is *preferred* to the present condition of the world. Guess what Blakemore always talks about AFTER nuclear holocaust...

Him (and Whites by extension) surviving, flexing their Ginormous muscles, and remaking the world in their racial image. To Blakemore,nuclear war is not a problem... its a SOLUTION. Old fashionedcleansing... per the biblical idea. He is a Righteous One who emergespost-Great Flood (Scouring) to remake the world...

So, Ed, perhaps you now see the real reason that Cleve Blakemore constructed his bunker. For the HOPE of nuclear holocaust and to satirize his own hope.

Most people repress their fears. They hide their fears, ashamed of them. Most people are cowards. I think Blakemore is half-satire maybe. Between a constructed image and a constructed satire of his own fears goes he.

Two-ton hydraulic doors... SLAM SHUT!"

Looks like you've ben spewing the same old shit everywhere for years fatty, maybe your magic bones and muslces will save you from all those blacks that are coming for you.
Post Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:41 am
Cleve Blakemore

Mmmm ...

That entire post was breathtakingly, astonishingly gay. Not classy debonaire witty gay with bon vivant repertoire type gay, but just extraordinarily gay. Steeped in gayness.
Post Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:22 pm

Myrthos
Spoiler of All Fun
Spoiler of All Fun

And now, you can all just go and play somewhere else.
...you won't have to unbookmark this site, we'll unbookmark you. - Val
Reports Myrthos for making me scared and humbled at the mere sight of his name - kayla
Post Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:03 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3