Dark and Light: Launch Postponed
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

Dark and Light: Launch Postponed

The official launch of Dark and Light has been postponed for a few weeks. Here's the <a href="http://darkandlight.net/article.php3?id_article=2339" target="_blank">news</a> from the official site:<blockquote><em>The release of DnL is delayed to May 30th, 2006, 1pm UTC.
<br>As the developers are currently working on the final testing and balancing tasks in the Dark and Light private beta, they must regretfully choose to postpone the release of Dark and Light. César Jacquet, manager of i>NPCube, explains: “As the release date gets closer, we are not satisfied enough with the balancing and debugging, and do not wish to release Dark and Light just yet. After many ups and downs (the chikungunya epidemic on Reunion island , as well as logistic issues), the development team wishes to release Dark and Light in the best possible condition to make up for the delay, and to reward Players who put their trust in us and expect a lot from Dark and Light. This is why Farlan agrees with the recommendations of NPCube nd has pushed the release date back.</em></blockquote>Follow the link for purchase details.
Post Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:05 pm
Test
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Hopefully with the extra time they can make the game suck less. Although that would probably take another year or two if at all possible.
Post Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:07 pm
Go0g3n

I've seen it, it s horrid. Not only pretty ugly, with stupid interface etc. but on my pc (p4 3.2 lga775, ati x850xt, 1gb ddr400) i've never had more than 20 fps, the only thing that lags simillar is Irth online ))
Even F.E.A.R & Q4 run smooth on my pc...
Post Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:17 pm

your computer sucks then

I haven't had any issues at all on my computer 1.8ghz Opteron 1MB cache X850 PE 1GB DDR500 RAM

I run at 1280x1024 oh the high quality setting of "4" and I typically run around 25fps (which is fine for a 3rd person MMO style game) If could get a few more FPS if I had an Xfi Sound Card since the game fully supports Xfi's features.

Yes at first the interface might seem clunky but we are talking Settlers of Ganereth BETA, LOTS of things have been improved ie interface as well as an updated Engine that should increase FPS.

The world is awesome, totally random, you can go for 10min and not see a monster and then find a whole flock of buffalo out on an open plain.

The transport options are mind blowing, canvas delta glider, snowshield on, griffon, dragon, and two wierd looking two legged creatures

The weather effects blow my mind, you can fly on a dragon up thru a rainstorm and encounter snow at the higher levels of the cloud before breaking out of the top of the storm to look down on the clouds and lightning below.

There have been issues along the way with lag and what not although I haven't seen them personally, they have been resolve I mean come on this is a beta for goodness sake.
Post Mon May 01, 2006 10:53 pm