De-Animator: Mass Zombicide
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Absolutely Off Topic

Author Thread
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

De-Animator: Mass Zombicide

This flash game is basically you trying to fend off wave after wave of zombies. Highest I got was level 14

http://www.onemorelevel.com/games/deanimator.html

You want to shoot zombies as they are rising, theyre one-shot kills then. You can shoot some zombies legs and they will fall, shoot them when theyre on the ground and theyre history.

Time your reloads just right or youre zombie food
“Then away out in the woods I heard that kind of a sound that a ghost makes when it wants to tell about something that's on its mind and can't make itself understood, and so can't rest easy in its grave, and has to go about that way every night grieving.”-Mark Twain
Post Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:17 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Stupid *bang* freakin' *bang, BANG* zombies!
Post Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:36 am
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Level 13 myself. I bow to your superior zombie blasting skills.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:22 pm
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

I just got totally robbed!

My record was lev 18 @ 258 zombies wiped out

Just as I passed 258 a couple mins ago, the game just stopped functioning all of a sudden. Zombies laying there, not disappearing. It was absolutely harrowing too, so Im pissed!

“Then away out in the woods I heard that kind of a sound that a ghost makes when it wants to tell about something that's on its mind and can't make itself understood, and so can't rest easy in its grave, and has to go about that way every night grieving.”-Mark Twain
Post Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:44 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

The shotgun seems to be very inefficient. It takes forever to reload it.
Post Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:03 am
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

I use it as an emergency weapon when there are multiple 'big guy' zombies on screen, since they take four shots to drop each.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

Post Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:15 am
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

Yep, I never use the shotgun unless I see a big blob of the big lug "Lenny" zombies coming that I dont think I can drop with the pistol, purely used as the "big gun".

I see other people playing it here at work, and they all pretty much make the same mistakes.

#1- dont be afraid to go "rapid fire". Unload on those SOB's as fast as you can, so you can reload. If you sit there plunking away like Opie with a pellet gun, youre history. If you pop two rounds off and theres no more on screen, pop the rest off just so youre reloaded fully.

#2 - Youre shotgun is mostly used as an emergency weapon, thus always make sure it's fully-loaded at the beginning of every stage if you can. It doesnt reload itself, and busting it out in a moment of truth and having it click on an empty cylinder is not a good thing.If all is well, fire off the rest of your shots so you can get a reload in before next stage.

#3 - Go low. Firing low is a good policy, hitting the skinny zombies in the legs knocks them down. If ANY zombie is hit when rising, be it having fallen or freshly rising from the grave, one shot does the trick.

I am getting totally owned on this game tho, by the thing just stopping. It only seems to do it here on my work pc (win2k), but I'll hit like 14 or 15 and suddenly the game stops. Pisses me off
Post Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:42 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Reloading the shotgun can bve done at the end of every level if you´re fast enough. When you see the last zombie falling change to the shotgun and keep firing as often as necessary.

My record is 350.
I had 275 twice and 255 once. Most other tries ended between 125 and 175.
Post Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:04 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

350?

I'm getting soft in my old age. Must... hone... zombie blasting... skills!

Post Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:15 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

I was lucky that the inevitable unbeatable "wave" level came much later when I made 350. I was able to survive with lots of curtain fire to the lower right corner.
Post Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:44 pm
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

dang, 350?
Id like to see a screenshot ='.'=
Post Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:05 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

I didn´t make a photo, but I guess this one is close enough.

Post Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:55 am
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

cool!
Do you have any trouble with the game just stopping on you all of a sudden like I described a few posts ago? Really frustrating, Im gonna fire it up here at home and see what I can do after a couple days rest.

edit-
my new record, so close! Runs great on the laptop, no stoppage, I think its a win2k thing or something, that's what Im using at work where Ive done most my zombiecide. Lets just keep that between us, k?
But anyway, I could have sworn I had the shotgun reloaded before the level started, but alas, I pulled it out and went into reload mode.DoH!
Tiger down!Tiger Down!

Post Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:24 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

The game also suddenly stops working for me. The last time it happened at 308! I thought I´d try it again ...

Post Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:48 pm
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

OMG i didnt see that photo in last post of yours when I looked at it quickly at work!

Good goin!
I'm totally humbled now... just when I was feelin' good at +/-350
Post Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:03 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next