How do I repair stuff?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
Abbath
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

How do I repair stuff?

How do i repair stuff and how do i cast spells and/or memorize them?
Post Sun May 11, 2003 6:07 pm
Abbath
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

most of all i wonder how to cast spells, like when i'm going to activate those portals, i cast the spell, and a voice says "basro" or something, and then i let go of ctrl, and a sound comes, but nothing happens, and i can never light the torches with the spell neither...please help!!!
Post Sun May 11, 2003 6:27 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Repair stuff and Spells

You cannot repair stuff unless you are very skilled in object knowledge. Every time I tried it I lost some of the durability of the item and you cannot get that back. The blacksmith, Miguel, in the city can repair stuff like armor and swords, ect. and does it without lowering the total possible power of the items. You can enchant objects so they are stronger or won't break. If you want to try to repair stuff, just use the item on an anvil to fix it. As for spells, you should be able to memorize 3 for quick use. You must click on the scroll (use) and a symbol of the spell will show up on screen, they are activated by hitting number keys 1 2 3. If you use the first spell the other move down to take it's place, so the second spell is now number 1.
To use runes you must first have them in your spell book, not just inventory. (Enter or F key) F2 is shortcut to your book of magic. To cast a spell you must hold down the CTRL key to be in magic mood. Then you draw the rune sign you want with your mouse cursor and go from there. Once you have it drawn, release the CTRL key to cast the spell. To memorize the spell, do the same as before, but before releasing the CTRL key hold SHIFT key down, them release CTRL. The spell will then show on the screen as memorized. No matter how you make the spell, only three can be memorized for you to use. I hope this helps, if not I would be glad to go through a specific spell that you have the scroll or runes for to help you. Just play with it and I think you will get the hang of it. Good Luck
Mark Twain
Post Sun May 11, 2003 11:30 pm
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

From the sound of it you're only completing one rune. Most spells are two or three runes and you should hear your avatar say each rune as it's completed.

If you think you drew it correctly but the rune isn't spoken out, the game didn't recognise the rune - keep the crtl key down and redraw it until the rune is spoken. Only let go of the ctrl key when all the correct runes have been spoken.
Post Mon May 12, 2003 1:04 am
Abbath
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I don't know what u mean, if I am going to cast a spell I only need to complete 1 rune, right? the voice says the name of the rune, but when i let go of ctrl, nothing happens
Post Mon May 12, 2003 2:01 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Runes and Spells

Every spell needs at least two runes. You must hold CTRL until you draw them both. Look at your spell or magic book to see what Runes you have and what spells you can draw. It shows you what you need and how to draw them.
Mark Twain
Post Tue May 13, 2003 1:04 am