Constantine Movie
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Books & Movies

Author Thread
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Constantine Movie

I am gonna check this flick out this weekend! How about you?

http://constantinemovie.warnerbros.com/

John Constantine has been to hell and back.

Born with a gift he didn’t want, the ability to clearly recognize the half-breed angels and demons that walk the earth in human skin, Constantine (KEANU REEVES) was driven to take his own life to escape the tormenting clarity of his vision. But he failed. Resuscitated against his will, he found himself cast back into the land of the living. Now, marked as an attempted suicide with a temporary lease on life, he patrols the earthly border between heaven and hell, hoping in vain to earn his way to salvation by sending the devil’s foot soldiers back to the depths.

But Constantine is no saint. Disillusioned by the world around him and at odds with the one beyond, he’s a hard-drinking, hard-living bitter hero who scorns the very idea of heroism. Constantine will fight to save your soul but he doesn’t want your admiration or your thanks – and certainly not your sympathy.

All he wants is a reprieve.

When a desperate but skeptical police detective (RACHEL WEISZ as Angela Dodson) enlists his help in solving the mysterious death of her beloved twin sister (also played by Weisz), their investigation takes them through the world of demons and angels that exists just beneath the landscape of contemporary Los Angeles. Caught in a catastrophic series of otherworldly events, the two become inextricably involved and seek to find their own peace at whatever cost.

Warner Bros. Pictures presents in association with Village Roadshow Pictures, a Donners’ Company / Batfilm Productions / Weed Road Pictures / 3 Arts Entertainment Production: Keanu Reeves, Rachel Weisz star in Constantine, also starring Shia LaBeouf, Tilda Swinton, Pruitt Taylor Vince, Djimon Hounsou, Gavin Rossdale and Peter Stormare. Directed by Francis Lawrence from a screenplay by Kevin Brodbin and Frank Cappello, story by Kevin Brodbin, Constantine is based on characters from the DC Comics/Vertigo Hellblazer Graphic Novels and is produced by Lauren Shuler Donner, Benjamin Melniker, Michael Uslan, Erwin Stoff, Lorenzo di Bonaventura and Akiva Goldsman. Executive producers are Gilbert Adler and Michael Aguilar. Philippe Rousselot, A.F.C./A.S.C., is the director of photography; Naomi Shohan, the production designer; and Wayne Wahrman, A.C.E., the editor. Music is by Brian Tyler and Klaus Badelt.
Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities…there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars…Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand…to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet. - Robert E. Howard
Post Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:09 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

The only comic book movie I've missed is Catwoman. Constantine is a great character in Vertigo comics (does a lot of cameos in other Vertigo comics like Neil Gammon's Sandman).

Keanu can't act to save his life ... but the Matrix showed that he has a niche ... wooden depressed outcast ... so it might not be that bad as long as they focus on the demon hunting and he has a strong supporting cast.

I'm sure at the worst it will be Blade with demons... worthy of popcorn status.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:06 pm
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

quote:
Originally posted by EverythingXen

Keanu can't act to save his life ... but the Matrix showed that he has a niche ... wooden depressed outcast ...

Yea, I think this movie suits him well!

He is also gonna be in a Phillip K. Dick adaptation later this year...

"A Scanner Darkly" I can't wait to see that! I love PKD fiction!
Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities…there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars…Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand…to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet. - Robert E. Howard
Post Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:27 pm
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

It was entertaining, yet It did not blow me away! It does have more than a few parallels with the Matrix!
Post Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:40 am
Korplem
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

I loved when he was ascending into heaven and flicking off Lucifer.

-The Prince of Nothing
Post Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:50 am
Pepto
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Its a difficult thing to do well...the God/Devil movie

The last good ones were End of Days, and especially....Devils Advocate.

They took a bit from others (who doesn't) Bladeish, Matrixish, even Terminator...(hell looks like the bomb drop)

Not having seen the comic, I was still surprised by the movie, pleasantly....wont buy the DVD, but Id watch it again
Post Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:08 am
Neo_Genesis
The Assassin
The Assassin

Funny, I was about to watch it in a few minutes. from all that I've heard it is going to be a good movie. well, I know how to watch and see for myself.
Post Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:06 pm
erik
High Emperor
High Emperor

I wtched the movie today and i liked it very much. The scenes look great and the story holds during the whole movie.

Member of the Sports Fans Club
Member of the Nonflamers' Guild
Post Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:10 pm