Back to the Basics
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > MMORPGs General

Author Thread
methusala
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Back to the Basics

Through all the years and tears I've shed playing crappy mmorpgs,I've finally decided to go back to UO.This time around I'll be playing "Age of Shadows".Although the graphics are far from the best,I've always enjoyed UO and I'm really looking forward to trying out the new classes available.It seems like I've come full circle and until something better comes along(which imo hasen't) I'll be somewhere along the Atlantic coast of the US raising shit.
Post Mon Sep 15, 2003 9:38 am
Kiff
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Have you read anything about Darkfall Online? I used to not like to read about up coming stuff, because it was hard to have to wait FOREVER for the stuff to come out. But now most of that stuff is about ready to burst onto the screen and DF is one of them, and reads alot like what UO used to be. With the exception of it's 1st person view. But it might make it better and more intense because you won't be able to see some sneaking up behind you, so when you trun around you won't know weather to piss yourself or /wave at them. I hope they don't have an ingame map that shows where ppl are that sucks. (IMHO)

But yeah, since I quit about 4 years ago, I've been back to UO a couple of times, but it never holds me.
Post Wed Sep 17, 2003 7:21 pm
Zakhal
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Ive bin thinking about returning to uo too, i hear the bugs are ironed out from AoS by now. I must be out of my mind though, after playing 3rd dawn for 2 weeks i promised myself never to return to uo.

As for darkfall that mmog hasnt even started betatesting yet, there is no release date even. And i really dont believe that a mmog without release date or betatest is going to release "anytime soon". Its still years before we see darkfall go gold.
Post Wed Sep 17, 2003 7:49 pm
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

A Darkfall developer has recently stated in chat that beta starts this month, September 03.
Post Wed Sep 17, 2003 9:54 pm
Zakhal
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Mmog developers often say lot of stuff which later on is not (true). That beta could easily delay, or just be a small closed beta. And even then its just the start of the beta. Beta could take who knows how long.

Not until we get to open beta and teh drop of nda can anyone say with any reason that release is in close future.
Post Wed Sep 17, 2003 10:02 pm
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

I think he said it was a closed beta. They currently are in alpha testing, which means its still very early in development, and probably wont be out within even six months. I expect it to take them longer: between six months to another year to get to open beta, but im just guessing since nobody knows, not even the devs really. But i wont go as far to say they are lying -- anyone who knows anything about software development knows that game development is a dynamic and variable undertaking that isnt subject to timetables. I dont think he was lying, i think he was estimating, or at least an educated guess.
Post Wed Sep 17, 2003 11:50 pm