missing a character [Spoilers]
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Knights of the Old Republic

Author Thread
Neo_Genesis
The Assassin
The Assassin

missing a character [Spoilers]

i'm already in the star forge (which is very difficult, all those waves of dark jedi's aren't stoping).
i just had the cut-scene where malak said that balista had to fight me (second time now) and she complains that she won't be able to use her combat meditation then. he talks to himself then that it doesn't matter of she dies or not, because she will give him the time he needs.

this is what's wrong: when i look at the character select screen, the girl all to the right in the middle is missing. she never joined me at all. in the instruction book she looks like the one i killed to become a padawan. i am light side (100%, i can't go higher), maybe that's the problem.

BTW: to all usergroups i'm in, i won't be online much anymore, maybe once or twice in a week.
Post Sun Jan 25, 2004 1:00 pm
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

The girl you seem to be missing is Juhani, I think. You mean the one you fought in the tainted grove on Dantooine, right?

I didn't know you could kill her. I am going through light side now (just finished a dark char) and brought her back to the light. I guess it makes sense that if you kill her, she wouldn't be in your party, but I'm surprised that killing her was an option. Would have figured she would surrender when her health got low.
Post Sun Jan 25, 2004 3:53 pm
Seth
Last Man Standing
Last Man Standing

If your character has low speech skills it will take some convincing to recruit her. Also if you kill her you gain dark side points and you will have to fight her friend later.
Post Sun Jan 25, 2004 5:22 pm
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

Yes, now that you mention it, my character with low Charisma did have a hard time turning her. Much harder than my high charisma/Dark char did the first time through. Ironic, isn't it!?

Still though, with a game like this you are obviously meant to have a 9 char party (not counting the PC). Else, why have 9 portrait slots in the party selection screen? If you kill Juhani, you should at least be able to pick up another person somewhere, I think...
Post Sun Jan 25, 2004 6:58 pm
Neo_Genesis
The Assassin
The Assassin

well, i did killed her but i didn't got dark side points. but the funny thing is: when you killed her, and you go back to the academy, the jedi girl who walks at the circle (the one who speaks to you that you should wear an jedi outfit when you first enter) runs away mad and joins the dark side, you must fight her later when you reacht eh sith academy. but i don't really care anymore if Juhani joins me, i'm at malak for the last time now, but i have lots of trouble... i destroy every container except the last one with death field, so i get their energy and i gain full life again. but till now i didn't won. at the end when he is almost dead he paralyzes me and kills me... but i won't stop till i finsihed, although i have a german test tomorrow.
Post Sun Jan 25, 2004 8:04 pm
aidzvill
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

u didn't miss much...jolee is uselful compared to juhani!
Post Thu May 06, 2004 11:57 am
Darrius Cole
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

Playing with Juhani

If someone has not played the game with Juhani, then they have missed a lot. She is a true Guardian which makes her your most useful Jedi in a fight (she is the one least likely to be killed and most likely to land an attack). This is especially true if your PC has a lot of force powers. Juhani also has several side missions that add some spice to the game as well.
Post Thu May 06, 2004 7:51 pm
Toaster
Bread Alert
Bread Alert

@Neo: Playing Guardian, or something else? I played Light Guardian, master double wielding, master flurry, and the best level in lightsaber use. I killed Malak om the first try, using Verpine Energy shield twice, killing half of the jedi in the containers with lightsaber throw, and using a Life Support Pack or two every time Malak ran to get life. Too easy, IMHO.

Tabbrowser Extensions
DictionarySearch
Post Fri May 07, 2004 3:27 pm