In chapter 1?
and in chapter 2?
Post Tue Sep 30, 2003 2:18 pm
Neo_Genesis
The Assassin
The Assassin

chapter 1-2
it depends, if you go fighting all over the world, i think about lv 15-25
but if you just do only a couple quests and don't fight, i think about lv 12.
Post Tue Sep 30, 2003 2:28 pm
Pladio
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

In ch1 the highest i ever heard someone reached was 22 or 23 but that means fighting a lot and fighting good even if u don't have the best weapon skills !!!!!!!!
In ch2 noone really talks about levels there cause the one that got at 22 in ch1 won't win as much levels as easy as in ch1!!!
but i think u can be like lvl 30 in ch2
Post Tue Sep 30, 2003 4:07 pm
Kroetsjov
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

It's indeed my plan to get as high as possible (at least for chapter 1 & 2) ...

Amazing to get level 20+ ... i'm now almost level13; but i did (as far as I know of course) all quests and i killed most of the monsters -> it still seems i miss a LOT of exp here somewhere
Post Tue Sep 30, 2003 6:42 pm
Aphazel
A Shadow of My Own Self
A Shadow of My Own Self

If your still in chapter one..when you enter chapter two new monsters will come
Post Wed Oct 01, 2003 10:13 am
Kroetsjov
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by Aphazel
If your still in chapter one..when you enter chapter two new monsters will come

I know, but then i'm in chapter 2 ...

I'm now level 15; killed most monsters except some very hard ones:
- all Trolls are still alive
- the cave with the Dragon Slayer
- 2 Orcs are still alive (Elite Orc is dead already)
- Onars Crypt (the 3 skeleton lord + groups of monsters)
- Magic Golem
... but the rest is dead ...

I'm not sure how much exp is needed for level20(+); but that's a lot i guess ... i really have no clue how people get >20 on chapter 1
Post Wed Oct 01, 2003 11:42 am
Neo_Genesis
The Assassin
The Assassin

- if you fight in Onar's crypt, yoi will get tons of exp, there are about 20-30 skeletons (there are 3 guards, when you kill one, the skeletons in the walls will attack you and there will be other monsters (skeletons mages and stuff)

- you'll get 500 exp for a normal troll, i don't know the black troll anymore.
- kill the magic golem with the sacred hammer (easy to steal)
- i haven't been to the cave with the dragon slicer yet.
- those 2 orcs aren't worth it.
Post Wed Oct 01, 2003 1:48 pm
Kroetsjov
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I guess with some big effort i can kill the Trolls (havent actually tried yet) ... i'm not sure how much the black troll gives; you get some extra exp when you talk to the hunter there (and you get exp for the hide)

But i can't see how i can do the Crypt yet (i'm only in chapter 1, so i still have a Light Militia armor or something ), the 3 bosses are probably doable (the groups are triggered when you open the chests, not when you beat the guards). Skeletons seem to do AWESUM damage ... hehe

For the Magic Golem: is there a way to get out the Monastry? (i dont have the key of course and i dont have teleport runes yet) ... i can go in, i know that.

The 2 Orcs are dead now (found 5 wargs also) and i killed everything in the Dragon Slicer cave (which i wear now )

I'm still level 15 or 16
Post Wed Oct 01, 2003 7:14 pm
Pladio
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

U can get out of the monastery by jumping on one of those pillars that r holding the roof but don't try to get on the roof in one jump !!
jump on a pillar and then try jumping on the roof !!!
I managed to do it in two tries but some told me they had to try a lot and a lot of times !!!
The Black Troll gives u 1000 Xp and u can kill the normal Trolls very easily even at lvl 1 (though it would take like an hour or two!!!lol),just by turning rouind them and every time he has his back turned at u u hit him once if u have no skills and like two times when u're a Fighter or three times or four times when u reach a higher skill level !!!! When he makes his rage thingy like stand up like a gorilla and scream arg!!!! than u can hit him also some times !!!
The crypt will be too difficult even if u spent u're LPs very well if u're lower than lvl 13 and will still be very hard from lvl 14 to 18 and from higher u should be able to make it through it but u will have to do so with some tricks !! there are some in the walktrough that is being written by ellusion !!!
Post Wed Oct 01, 2003 7:34 pm
Matt TRD
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Just as a guide line i have managed to get to level 17 before i chose a guild. This took some doing mind, but is possible even without cheating. At the end of chapter one you could reach 19 maybe 20 but i find it hard to believe anyone has reached level 22 as the higher you get the more xp needed to level up.

The highest level i have reached by the end of the game is 43.
I have played through with all guilds and a Warrior/Mage.

Hope this helps.
Post Sun Oct 05, 2003 1:29 am
Neo_Genesis
The Assassin
The Assassin

you don't need to jump out of the monestry, if you can get in trough the door, you can get out trough the door.

just go to the sacred hammer with the novice, stand in the corner of the room and shoot him, when he comes near take you sword and kill him (yes kill him! when he is on hte ground stick you sword in his bleeding body )
then take the sacred hammer and go away, nobdy will attack you.
Post Sun Oct 05, 2003 11:03 am
Matt TRD
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Alternatively if you speak to the monk guarding the hammer he will tell you that he never sleeps. So use a sleep spell on him then you can steal the hammer.
Post Sun Oct 05, 2003 3:48 pm
Kroetsjov
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by Matt TRD
Just as a guide line i have managed to get to level 17 before i chose a guild. This took some doing mind, but is possible even without cheating. At the end of chapter one you could reach 19 maybe 20 but i find it hard to believe anyone has reached level 22 as the higher you get the more xp needed to level up.

The highest level i have reached by the end of the game is 43.
I have played through with all guilds and a Warrior/Mage.

Hope this helps.

I must agree with this; i still havent slain 2 Trolls and the Black Troll and the Crypt ... i'm now lvl16 ... no way there are enough monsters/exp left (in chapter 1) to get me >lvl20 ... (maybe i missed some minor quests; but they usualy give 200exp or so ... thats not enough to make me lvl).
Btw ... i dont cheat; and i've not used money/exp loopholes (ie like selling the Shadowbeast horns and get exp/money for that and then knock that guy down, steal the horns back and sell again ...)

quote:
Originally posted by Neo_Genesis
you don't need to jump out of the monestry, if you can get in trough the door, you can get out trough the door.

just go to the sacred hammer with the novice, stand in the corner of the room and shoot him, when he comes near take you sword and kill him (yes kill him! when he is on hte ground stick you sword in his bleeding body )
then take the sacred hammer and go away, nobdy will attack you.

Well in chapter 1 the door to the monastry is closed (and you dont get a key yet, unless you join the mages) ... but that's no problem; i climbed in, kicked the guard and stole the hammer (and climbed out again and killed the golem )
Post Mon Oct 06, 2003 11:53 am
Pladio
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

u can get to lvl 20+ by exploiting the game lil :1. In ch 1 if u r strong to kill shadowlords and things like that u go to the crypt and kill the first skeleton guard and open the chest, some skeletons come up with a mage that summons more skeletons !!! u just let him summon skeletons and kill them !!! unlimited XP !!!
2. like kroetsjov said when u get to the guy to sell shadowbeasts horns for xp and money u just do that, unlimited xp too !!!this is easier than the crypt except if u do the crypt later on in the game !!
some other exploits u may find in the forum
but ppl can get to lvl 20+ thats for certain
Post Mon Oct 06, 2003 4:44 pm
Angelo
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Guys, guys! Im a knight at chapter 4 now and Im only lvl18 ! I must say I'm quite strong already and done many of the side quests and killed many beasts including black troll and other 2 trolls. How is it possible to be lvl 25 at chapter 1-2 ?
Post Mon Oct 06, 2003 5:36 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next