Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
What difficulty mod would you recommend?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Cam
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

What difficulty mod would you recommend?

Title says it all. What's the most balanced, non-buggy and enjoyable difficulty mod out there, in your opinion? I'm thinking of abandoning three weeks work on my current character, as it's just become a total cakewalk and I dont want to ruin the game.
Post Mon Jun 03, 2002 2:29 am
Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

Wait for the patch. all mods have drawbacks and de-balancing issues.
Post Mon Jun 03, 2002 6:17 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

But if you really want one before patch will be out, you should try Myros tweak, he updated it several times and it is nearly bug free yet...
Look into this topic in Plugin Depot forum.
Post Mon Jun 03, 2002 6:20 am
Cam
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by Rendelius
Wait for the patch. all mods have drawbacks and de-balancing issues.

Any news on when said patch might be released?
Post Mon Jun 03, 2002 10:11 am
AlexScherr
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

You could also try my Eden mod, which starts you out with skills at zero, attributes at 10, without clothes or money. and with an equalized rate of skill and attribute increases. This really changes the game in the early going, and also gets you to a higher level before your character has developed skills / attributes similar to default starting character. You will have to rely on theft of non-secure iterms, and high level technology, to counteract the inherent weakness of your character, and even with that, it's nip and tuck.

The link is at

http://www.morrowind-mods.com/

Alex
Post Mon Jun 03, 2002 7:21 pm
Cam
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Myros Tweak = HUGE BUG

Just as a note on my experiences with WormGod's tweak and Myros' tweak:

- both mods result in savegames that CANNOT be used without the mods. Meaning that if you uncheck the mods after saving and attempt to reload, there are a lot of missing files to click through on loadup, and then it crashes.

- With Myros tweak he's added variations on Daedroth and Daedra as well as Skeletons. I killed a Daedra Summoner, received a textbox message stating that I had now killed Lord Somethingother, that the Daedric amulet I had brought with me to this temple was taken from me and that I could now wield the crescent blade. I had no amulet, the Daedra was nothing special, and I wasn't in a temple. I was then TELEPORTED across the world to Tel Fyr to the interior of what I think was a Telvanni stronghold and had the crescent blade in my hand.

IMO these are best avoided. Any mod that makes your saves dependant on that mod is best avoided. I've had to start all over again as about 80 days passed between my last alternate save and the quick save just prior to the Daedric Summoner/teleportation disaster.
Post Tue Jun 11, 2002 6:53 am
Timothius
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

If you want to try a difficulty mod, go for RCSunīs unofficial Patch. Itīs ny far the most comprehensive, and very well balanced, IMHO.

http://www.moddaz.de/german/link.php?file=14

PS. Could someone ad this MOD the plugin depot please? I think it isnīt avaible there...
Post Tue Jun 11, 2002 12:10 pm
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

I agree... avoid WormGod's "Morrowind_Advanced." The reasons stated above will suffice.
Post Tue Jun 11, 2002 9:26 pm