Usergroups
Promising new RPGs?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > CRPGs General

Author Thread
Pinnen
Wearer of the Hat
Wearer of the Hat

Such are the ways of things from the past; we rember them with joy or not at all. Apart from the things we remember but donīt want to. And all those pointless tidbits you remember anyway. And things you canīt remember even if your life was at stake, such as capitals and and where I put the keys or the combination to the Visa card.

CrossTopicBaner
Post Sun Aug 24, 2003 4:30 pm
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

Here's the link for Circle of Eight. Another good site for Greyhawk news is the Troika fansite, Eye on Troika.

Both of them are highlighting a forum post today from prog. Steve Moret who commented that they're working hard submitting gold candidates - so ToEE should be on schedule for release soon-ish. Of course, we don't know how many release candidates will be needed before Atari approve it, but they've finished all their milestones and now it's just polish and bugs.
Post Sun Aug 24, 2003 11:48 pm
Remus
Overgrown Cat
Overgrown Cat

There is video preview in DVD of the game that come out with PC Gamer (October issue).

Even though the 10 minutes preview movie is in low-resolution, rather pixelated video, everyone at Atari forums who saw it say that the animations are very smooth, while spells effects, monsters look really good. The turn-based combat also in good pace (not too fast or too slow), and special attacks have specific attack animations...

So far so good...

P.S Another good news: the game now support much higher resolution without using -hires flag. To quote Steve Moret, Lead Programmer at Troika "Just last night I removed the -hires flag, as long as Atari doesn't find anything awful with the game it will support 800x600 thru 1280x1024 out of the box. And hardware FSAA if your card likes it."
Post Mon Aug 25, 2003 6:36 am
the mighty stamar
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by dteowner
I'm not looking very hard right now, quite honestly, but ToEE and UFO:Aftermath (X-Com derivitive) are staying on my radar. I'm waiting for Galactic Civilizations to drop in price, too. It appears I'm drifting back to turn-based strategy games due to the lull in RPGs.

Definitely get age of wonder shadow magic then.

Galactic civilizations is good also, but age of wonder is better.

Both similar in that they are civ type games but age of wonder has more of a campaign as opposed to galactic civilizations is just random maps only.

Galactic civilizations does have that its very hard to win going for it. The computer will beat you usually, not so in age of wonder they have to give it a handicap to make some of the scenerios difficult.
Gal civ is one of if not the only computer game i know where the AI is updated by metagame stats, like a chess program. I havent played it in a while but by now it must be brilliant.

Age of wonder just has so much more content galactic civ is kind of simple basic game.
Post Mon Aug 25, 2003 8:48 am
Iron Man
Dazed and Confused
Dazed and Confused

I'm all of a sudden very excited about Deus Ex- Invisible war. I got the original a week or so ago and I have just finished it.

This box secretly turns into a picture and laughs at YOU personally when you're not looking.
Post Mon Aug 25, 2003 10:35 am
Remus
Overgrown Cat
Overgrown Cat

quote:
Originally posted by Iron Man
I'm all of a sudden very excited about Deus Ex- Invisible war.

Did you see the DX2 trailer at 3D Gamers, cool movie.
Post Mon Aug 25, 2003 10:50 am
Pinnen
Wearer of the Hat
Wearer of the Hat

Deus Ex 2; a very good reason to upgrade hardware...

CrossTopicBaner
Post Mon Aug 25, 2003 12:25 pm
hoyp
High Emperor
High Emperor

Dungeon lords looks pretty good too.
Post Mon Aug 25, 2003 5:18 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4