Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
New section for ToEE discussion is needed?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Dungeons and Dragons General

Author Thread
stanthony
One Smart Dog
One Smart Dog

No offence intended, guys, just couldn't resist to say somethig like that I know, Corwin, sorry for it. It's just sometimes you need a collective image of opposition...

@dteowner - I think you're right - we better stop, or else we really get 2 years of forced labor moderating Off-Topic section

R.A.Salvatore The Cleric Quintet. Canticle
Post Tue Sep 23, 2003 4:50 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

Oh no, you'd have to REALLY screw up to get Off-Topic. That one's reserved for the truly wicked, right Val?
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Tue Sep 23, 2003 5:35 am
stanthony
One Smart Dog
One Smart Dog

I want no part of it any longer, dte Summoning Val to this beehive is not exactly my concept of fun

Post Tue Sep 23, 2003 5:58 am
Seth
Last Man Standing
Last Man Standing

We are simple customers: first we vote for the moderator and then we complain, never actually doing any work.
BTW I vote for Xenman, he knows more about PnP than all of us put together. He is a super villain, born for such position
Post Tue Sep 23, 2003 10:58 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Did someone call me?
Post Tue Sep 23, 2003 11:55 am
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

The fact remains that this game is so hardcore it will never generate huge volumes of traffic. Thank god it wasn't particularly hyped. I love what I've played so far, certainly, but it really is more hardcore than the standard CRPG fare of today.

By the way, I think that's a good thing. A computer game based on a gaming system should be faithful to that gaming system even if it means it is intimidating or awkward for those not familiar with it.

I have no problem with the magic items in TOEE being only generally classified as I know what each does off by heart.

I think TOEE is turning it a game for fans of D&D, and I like that.

(BTW... you guys here have a heads up advantage on those magic items vaugeness... the SRD link I posted a while back naturally included a description of every magical item in the game.)

So no seperate forum. I can't see interest remaining high in this one. Though I hope there are many more Greyhawk games to come.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Tue Sep 23, 2003 8:24 pm
stanthony
One Smart Dog
One Smart Dog

quote:
Originally posted by EverythingXen
So no seperate forum. I can't see interest remaining high in this one. Though I hope there are many more Greyhawk games to come.

Yes, Xen, what about sequels? Any news? I heard/read somewhere that probably the next thing on ToEE engine will be the module called "Against the Giants". As I didn't play Greyhawk in PnP I don't know what it is. Is it hack'n'slash like ToEE? I remember I read it is designed for characters of approximately 8 level? So theoretically it could be made possible to export ToEE characters

Post Tue Sep 23, 2003 8:56 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

I remember Against the Giants as having a high hack factor, but more of a story than TOEE.

Exporting would be fun, but really... you'd have to raise a level cap. Who would want to export their level 10 party if they do not get to change at all for 30 hours of play?

I liked the gold box level caps for that.

Your characters from pools of radiance (level 1) ended up nearly gods (level 40) over the four games. But it took four games.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

Post Tue Sep 23, 2003 9:36 pm
stanthony
One Smart Dog
One Smart Dog

quote:
Originally posted by EverythingXen
I liked the gold box level caps for that.

Your characters from pools of radiance (level 1) ended up nearly gods (level 40) over the four games. But it took four games.

Very true. I remember playing GoldBox in my dad's office many-many years ago. Level cap was certainly one of the best parts of the process... I remember skipping the school countless times to play "just a little bit more". Back then I knew nothing about PnP and I was thinking that in GoldBox there should be the end to character growth somewhere. I wanted to see this end And as you said it ends with the fourth game - I didn't know it. That's how I became D&D-addict I guess

Post Tue Sep 23, 2003 9:48 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

OK, Xen, here's one for you:
In NWN, there were several instances of things left out of the manual ("keen" and "mighty" instantly come to mind) that anyone with the 3rd ed rule set knew. Since the last set of books I bought were AD&D back in junior high, I was left to guess. With a game reported as "hardcore", there's got to be solid documentation for those of us without the 3.5ed books. Did Troika get the job done, or would the occasional confusion I hit in NWN turn into a vast, frustrating mystery in ToEE?
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Tue Sep 23, 2003 10:19 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Can't answer that one yet. I don't have our review copy so I don't have the manual yet.

Most things are wonderfully explained in the game so far though with the wonderful hyperlink help aspect. I found myself clicking through their explanations of classes, powers, and skills just because. I have yet to find a magical item, though, let alone identify one... so things like keen, shocking, merciful, etc may or may not be explained.

Post Tue Sep 23, 2003 11:08 pm
Pico
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by Remus

I wonder forums for KoTOR will last how long, the PC version will be out this November but hardly anyone here asking questions about the game. No interest in Sciene-fiction CRPGs?

I LOVE sci fi CRPG's. Dont even get me started on the ideas I have. I rmable enough in my posts.... Robotech CRPG? OH HELL YA? I would quict my job, take my Satellite internet and and find a cave to live happly ever after in? A Star Trek RPG? A Terminator RPG? Oh god, I'm drooling on my keyboard....

I can hardly wait for Shadow Vault. When I first saw the screen shot my heart skipped a beat. I thought it was a Fallout sequel.

Anyways, I dont know anything about Knights of the Old Republic. I thought it was another FPS or somthing. Not an RPG.

Star Wars Galaxies doesnt intrest me. Nor does any MMORPG dont intrest me at all.
Post Tue Sep 30, 2003 7:31 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2