Usergroups
Will you follow the storyline?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

I am interested in if you will follow the storyline in Morrowind. I know that I will not - I will prefer to discover the island myslef, following my own paths with my own pace. That was what i did in Daggerfall, too. I might join a guild or get in touch with one of the houeses there, but I will only do main quests if they fit into my schemes...

Post Fri Apr 05, 2002 8:42 am
Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

I plan on playing this like I did Daggerfall; which was basically roam around and see what kind of adventure (or trouble) I could get into. I just hope the quests aren't UPS quests (deliver this to that). I did like the advantage of owning a horse in Daggerfall for travel, which, as I understand it is not available in Morrowind. If I remember correctly there wasn't much of a story to Daggerfall or Arena for that matter.
Post Fri Apr 05, 2002 10:45 am
Gwendo
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I will follow the main quest, but taking the liberty do do other errands. After finishing the main quest, then I'll be able to ontinue to do whatever I want, or even start a new game, where I try many different things.

But in my first game I'll follow the path.

Post Fri Apr 05, 2002 12:03 pm
Akena
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I'm not going to follow the main quest strictly - only when I have to due to time limits 4 the next step (like in Daggerfall when receiving a letter "...I'm waiting in the Inn xxx for one month..."). That's what I appreciated most in Daggerfall - the freedom to do what your character like.

Cu, Akena.
Post Fri Apr 05, 2002 12:11 pm
Freakie
The Noble Demon
The Noble Demon

I shal follow the story line verry slow.
Bud I shal follow it, bud spent most of the time on the world and subquest from Morrowind.

Gothic II Credits
Post Fri Apr 05, 2002 1:03 pm
Snoekie
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

I will follow the main quest/storyline when it suits me.
There is just too much to explore outside of it and I don't want to miss all that.

But sometimes I can get enough of the aimless wandering and need a goal to follow that is bigger than myself.
Those will be the times I will go questing in the main storyline.
Other times you can find me exploring the countryside, trying out that new glowing mushroom I found or trying to raise ranks in a guild and stuff like that.
Post Fri Apr 05, 2002 1:49 pm
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

Well, if I understand this game's primary strength correctly, it's that you don't HAVE to follow any story line. I.E. you have the freedom to do in this world what you might possible do in real life. I think I will try to play the game as I would try to live, if put in that situation. If I would benefit from following a certain path, I would do it! If not, well.....there's a whole island to explore out there!!

Post Fri Apr 05, 2002 2:43 pm
Incindium
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Plotline shmotline... hehe, I'm gonna unleash a crime spree on the island of Vvardenfall when I play Morrowind... I might make another non thief char to play the plotline a some point but my first char is going to try an enjoy a life of crime to its fullest..

Post Fri Apr 05, 2002 2:48 pm
Krystoff
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Im still debating. I might have two games going at once. One where I follow the plotline while doing some leveling and money getting side quests. And then the other where I do nothing at all concerning the main quest (Or as little as possible) and just try to explore everything.

Now the question is, which one do I do first.

Post Fri Apr 05, 2002 4:52 pm
Devil in Disquise
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I will follow the story line at first. Then after I get "known" in the game I will go off on my own for a while. I understand this is an "extremely" non-linear game

Post Fri Apr 05, 2002 6:07 pm
Gwendo
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I just wonder one thing...

If, in the main quest, you have to meet someone or deliver something to someone, but you get off track and spend 1 year aimlessly, then decide to resume the main quest...

Wouldn't that person get mad?

-ONE YEAR WAITING, YOU BASTARD!!!

Post Fri Apr 05, 2002 8:42 pm

i will be having about 8 or 9 different characters being played at once, and at least 1 of them will follow the main storylines. reason is, the world is just so big that you can play over and over, forever, with more than one char at a time. so many possibilities, skills, races, ect, i want to XPence them all! yahoo! booya! finally my dream game! *drools onto keyboard, eyes tranced on-screen*

-- d. stott
Post Fri Apr 05, 2002 9:39 pm

sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

Ima going to be a Mage, a mage versed in levitation. I will follow the main quest if it fits in with my exploring, if not, it will have to wait.

Post Fri Apr 05, 2002 9:59 pm
The Hulk
Avenger, Defender
Avenger, Defender

quote:

On 2002-04-05 15:59, sauron38 wrote:
Ima going to be a Mage, a mage versed in levitation. I will follow the main quest if it fits in with my exploring, if not, it will have to wait.

I'm going to play a mage too, except he'll specialize in fire spells and whenever he gets into a fight with an npc, he'll say "I shall give you a chance, but when I count to 3, you shall be burned. 1...2...3!" And then he will unleash fire upon them.
But seriously, I will follow the main quest eventually, but I will do alot of exploring and talking to people along the way.

Post Fri Apr 05, 2002 10:26 pm
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

I'll have all the schools of magic, I will just like levitation the most.

Post Fri Apr 05, 2002 10:43 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next