question...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Neverwinter Nights - General

Author Thread
Gish
Almighty Gish
Almighty Gish

question...

hate to make comparisons but...is NWN closer to Diablo II or Baldur's Gate? because I never really got into Baldur's Gate because of the combat and having 6 or however many people to control. Diablo was fun, but it got old because of it's linearity and little depth. so I guess if this game was more like DII with depth I would look into it, but if it's just 3d BG then I wouldn't...so if someone could steer me into the right direction please...thanks. and no one flame me b/c I know this game is NOT DII, I just had nothing else to compare it too...
Post Mon Jun 24, 2002 2:52 am
vaticide
Put food in here
Put food in here

I'm not going to compare it to either game, I'm not sure that is fair, but I will tell you this:

You don't control 6 people, you only control yourself in NWN. This may help you get over the problem you had with BG.

-vaticide
Post Mon Jun 24, 2002 3:04 am
SuperCowMan24
Blademaster of the Moo
Blademaster of the Moo

its more like dungeon siege than baldurs gate... but it uses the 3rd d&d rules, and you only control one character... which is nice...

Don't you feel better now?
Post Mon Jun 24, 2002 3:19 am

I haven't played Dungeon Siege because I'm not a huge fan of Diablo games but I have played Diablo/Diablo II. I simply cannot understand how anyone can say it strongly resembles Diablo simply because of the one henchman you have. That boggles my mind.

Certainly it's obvious that parties will be made in multiplayer mode and that's one of NWN's biggest strengths, it's online capabilities. I've been playing it for a few days now and I'm having a great time. It's an very well done rpg and I'm so excited to see what the player community comes up with for it.
Post Mon Jun 24, 2002 3:25 am

Gaijin
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Hmmm, I'm leaning more towards Baldur's Gate. Granted there's only 2 in the party at most times...but don't let that fool you. The game has that real BG feel...if you go in and try to hack n slash your way through it, you will die...
Post Mon Jun 24, 2002 3:57 am