RPGDot Network    

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords (Xbox)
Display full image
Pic of the moment
More
pics from the gallery

Site Navigation

Main
   News
   Forums

Games
   Games Database
   Top 100
   Release List
   Support Files

Features
   Reviews
   Previews
   Interviews
   Editorials
   Diaries
   Misc

Download
   Gallery
   Music
   Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Which master is the best to work for as an apprentice?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Constantino (Alchemist)
18%
 18%  [ 7 ]
Bosper (Bowmaker)
45%
 45%  [ 17 ]
Hagad (Smith)
35%
 35%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 37

Author Thread
LexXx
He who has no title
He who has no title

Constantino (Alchemist)
Bosper (Bowmaker)
Hagad (Smith)

I personally think Constantino is the best, 'cause he can learn you to make potions. Hagad is also good, but there's a smith on Onar's farm who can learn you to make weapons. And Bosper just sucks.

What's your opinion about the masters?[/code]
Post Sat Jul 05, 2003 3:32 pm
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

Personally, I go for Bosper. At this stage in the game I need all the cash I can get and as his apprentice furs bring more $$.

Of course as Harad's worker you could get strength training, but Carl offers that anyway. Alchemy really is'nt needed at this stage(not needed much anyway except to brew perm potions and repair the eye)

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Sat Jul 05, 2003 3:38 pm
Pikkon
A Hadou Master And A Skilled Thief

Bosper is the best of all
Constantino will teach you potions even if your not his aprentise.
Bosper will give you money from the hides you bring him.
So far I earned more then 5000gp from him.
you get 250 on shadowbeast
300-350 on Trolls..
Post Sat Jul 05, 2003 3:39 pm
darth
Village Leader
Village Leader

All three have their advantages but basically for the game's RPG sake you should join the one that represents the guild you will eventually join. Bosper for merc, Constantino for Mage, Hagad for Paladin.

Also skinning animals will be useful early on for a few quests to bring skins to people. You will not need alchemy until you start killing Dragons (restore the eye) and forging is useful around that time too if you are a dragon hunter and want to forge yourself the ore dragon slayer sword.
Post Sat Jul 05, 2003 4:04 pm
legacy
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

If u are a player who collects every exp. he can then its good do be a friend of Bosper, because mostly there wolf's and warg's everywhere and if u kill most of them u can get hell of a lot money.
I wisited Bosper in beginning of every chapter or so and i got min.
1000$ everytime. All other thing's u can learn otherplaces then in the city.
Post Sat Jul 05, 2003 4:05 pm
Toaster
Bread Alert
Bread Alert

I think Constantino is the best, because I hardly ever had any problems with the finances, and now I'm running around with like 10.000 gold pieces. And there are other people who can learn you forge (at least f you're a Dragon Hunter)

Tabbrowser Extensions
DictionarySearch
Post Sat Jul 05, 2003 10:56 pm
jediphx
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

argh! im torn between Bosper and Hagod. I really want to up my strength and get some good weapons but I wont to get good money for stuff later also. I want to be a "good" character not a rogue so I guess Hagod would be the right choice? does that mean i will be hard pressed for money for a while?
Post Sun Jul 06, 2003 1:21 am
jediphx
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

ok course I would like to cast spells to
Post Sun Jul 06, 2003 2:06 am
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

No one has mentioned that Constantino pays full price for every mushroom and Digger meat-10 & 30gp. There's tons of them around and they're easier to get than furs. I make a fortune everytime I pass his shop.

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Sun Jul 06, 2003 5:01 am
hellsp4wn
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

i think harad is the best because you can have infinite money working for him ... go to bennet (smith in onars farm) and buy tons of steel .. buy 2 steels from him and wait for him to use the anvil or forge then shop again and buy more steels .. keep shopping .. if you have a little patience you can do it 50 times and get a hundred steel pieces ... forge 100 swords and get 10000 gp ... cool ..
Post Sun Jul 06, 2003 5:28 am
Ruskie Soldat
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

That's just boring to sit there and buy two steel rods over and over. If you hunt for Bosper, you can get just as much gold or more by killing and skinning the monsters you kill, and since you have to kill quite a few monsters to get through the game, it's not boring like sitting there and waiting for steel, then waiting to forge 100 swords. Oh, and the smith's name is Harad, not Hagad.

Bosper's definitely the best. If you kill everything in the game, you can earn anywhere between 10,000-20,000 gold pieces from him.

Also, for our friends in the Netherlands and Sweden, the word is "teach," not "learn." Bosper can TEACH you to skin animals. You LEARNED how to skin animals from Bosper. If you say, "Bosper learned me to skin animals," you'll sound like an uneducated American from the South ...Not that all Americans from the South are uneducated, but you'll sound like one who is. So, to sum up, the correct usage is "Bosper TAUGHT me to skin animals," or "Bosper can TEACH you to skin animals."
Post Sun Jul 06, 2003 8:51 am
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

quote:
Originally posted by Toaster
I think Constantino is the best, because I hardly ever had any problems with the finances, and now I'm running around with like 10.000 gold pieces. And there are other people who can learn you forge (at least f you're a Dragon Hunter)

10k gold is not very much, especially when you go to buy something like Dragonhunter's heavy armor Better start saving up hehe

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Sun Jul 06, 2003 8:57 am
Toaster
Bread Alert
Bread Alert

OK, I'm still just in chapter 4.

Tabbrowser Extensions
DictionarySearch
Post Sun Jul 06, 2003 9:00 am
Pikkon

quote:
No one has mentioned that Constantino pays full price for every mushroom and Digger meat-10 & 30gp. There's tons of them around and they're easier to get than furs. I make a fortune everytime I pass his shop.

mayb thare are a lot of dark mashrooms and digger meat but you can only earn 10-30 for each at bospar you can earn 10-350 (and mayb more i dont know 350 its the biggest fee i got from him...) i went to a week (in the game) out of khorinis and whan i returnd i got 1500 from... whan ill get back from the vally of mines i will get something like 2500-3000 (2 shadowbeast hide (250gp for each), 1 troll hide (300-350 for each it dpends on what troll is it), 14 warg skin (25 gp for each), 35 wolf skin (10 for each), 4 sheep skin (10 for each), more than 100 claws, more than 100 teeth, more than 100 lurker claws.
Post Sun Jul 06, 2003 12:33 pm
jediphx
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

so if I dont choose Harod there will be another chance for me to learn to forge swords later?
Post Mon Jul 07, 2003 12:38 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next