Usergroups
I finally got my copy, must be one of the first in Australia
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Zameir
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Thanks Shifter, I do like my RPG's (enough to pay $175 to import morrowind). Whinging isn't going to solve anything, I can play it and enjoy it, so why worry. Plus with some luck I should be able to afford a new Vid card.
Post Thu May 09, 2002 4:28 am

Re: My thoughts

quote:
Originally posted by Shifter

Now this is what I like hearing. Comes from a true RPGamer obviously. He has a lower end (to an extent) machine and is forced to run in 640x480 with all details down and STILL plays the game and isn't bitching left and right..

Now that's what I like to hear. Not, wah mommy my fps is only 10 wah..cry boo hoo.

Hear Hear! Best thing I have read on this forum for days
Post Thu May 09, 2002 4:33 am

Fashtas
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Got a tracking number and... and... IT'S IN MELBOURNE!!!!|

YAY!!!

In fact according to the tracking sheet it is suppose to have been put on a truck some unearthly time this morning for delivery today! Before the weekend!

ohpleasohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohplease
Post Thu May 09, 2002 11:07 pm
Fashtas
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I GOT IT! I GOT IT! I GOT IT! I GOT IT! I GOT IT!

YAY!

But I'm stuck at work for a further hours at LEAST

BOOOOOO!
Post Fri May 10, 2002 12:58 am
Cam
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by Fashtas
I GOT IT! I GOT IT! I GOT IT! I GOT IT! I GOT IT!

ARGH! I bought my copy from some guy on eBay, and it's not getting here before Wednesday AT LEAST. Hell, maybe the Monday after. I'm going nuts waiting for this.
Post Fri May 10, 2002 2:44 am
Fashtas
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

ARGH! I've taken to fondling the box and re-reading the manual. Can't leave the office yet

We put it on someones lap top to see the "intro". Impressive stuff, installed and played perfectly. Did the char creation and wandered around a bit, but the boss arrived

Wann go hoooommmmmmmeeeeeeeeee
Post Fri May 10, 2002 4:12 am
Berko

performance tweak

I have a Geforce2 GTS Pro, Athlon XP1800 and running XP ....I was getting about 25fps at 1024x768, and a friend told me he turned off linear lighting and turned on quadratic lighting in morrowind.ini I tried it and gained 20fps, and the lighting actually looks better especially indoors.

cya's

Brisbane battle mage
Post Fri May 10, 2002 4:43 am

Cam
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Re: performance tweak

quote:
Originally posted by Berko
I have a Geforce2 GTS Pro, Athlon XP1800 and running XP ....I was getting about 25fps at 1024x768, and a friend told me he turned off linear lighting and turned on quadratic lighting in morrowind.ini I tried it and gained 20fps, and the lighting actually looks better especially indoors.

cya's

Brisbane battle mage

That is EXCELLENT to hear. I came across a morrowind.ini tweak to that effect and meant to try it out. Fantastic.
Post Fri May 10, 2002 1:16 pm
Zameir
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Been playing now for quite a few hours and this game is bloody great. So great in fact that I don't notice the slow FPS, I'm having fun. That said I'm looking forward to getting my new video card.
Although after a few tweaks I get 20-30 FPS inside which is where i'm spending most of my time now.
All I have to say is - money well spent!
Post Fri May 10, 2002 1:32 pm
Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

Zameir, my experience is with your machine and the card you ordered, screen resolution should be AS HIGH AS POSSIBLE. 640x480 won't be faster than 1280x960 then
Post Fri May 10, 2002 3:17 pm
Fashtas
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Been planing since I managed to get home from work yesterday.
With a machinbe P3-550, 512meg ram and a GeForce 2 I am getting 8-10 FPS outside and 10-20 FPS inside

These low FPS don't worry me, the game is good enough to stand outside low FPS. Note that id doesn't make much difference if I play 1024x768 or 1600x1200 the FPS remains much the same.
Post Fri May 10, 2002 8:52 pm
Zameir
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Thanks Rendelius, I'm going to go shopping to see if I can find a Geforce today instead of waiting until monday, all I really want is to play it at a bit higher resolution. Things are a bit squashy in 640 x 480 mode, but I can't stop playing this damn game!
Post Fri May 10, 2002 9:23 pm
Zameir
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Just got myself a Geforce 4 4400 and Morrowind is now absolutely amazing. I'm getting 50-60 FPS indoors and about 20-30 outside, plus the water looks brilliant. I didn't know what I was missing until now. I'm flat broke but the money was well spent I think!
Post Sat May 11, 2002 4:50 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2