Usergroups
What are you reading now?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Books & Movies

Author Thread
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

You might want to check this out, kengo.

As for me, I'm re-teaching myself Java since it's been so long since I've used it. So I'm reading Head First Java.
Post Thu May 12, 2005 7:17 pm
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

quote:
Originally posted by Val
You might want to check this out, kengo.

As for me, I'm re-teaching myself Java since it's been so long since I've used it. So I'm reading Head First Java.

Thanks Val! I can't wait to get this comic!
Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities…there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars…Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand…to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet. - Robert E. Howard
Post Thu May 12, 2005 8:41 pm
roorooroo
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Between RPG games I am reading Paul Davies-About Time..which is..about time!
Great read so far.
Post Sun Jun 12, 2005 5:37 pm
Arma
Mysterious Lady
Mysterious Lady

quote:
Originally posted by kengo2019
Crossroads of Twilight (The Wheel of Time, Book 10) by Robert Jordan

Considering that by the time I am writing this, it would be probably too late to save you from reading this so called book, I would just ask one question
Spoiler:
You can't wait when in the next book Tuon makes herself the wedding dress. I just can't stand the pressure of this cliff hanger from the book

Oh, and the uncertainty that they would find some folding chairs for Egwene in the White Tower is just killing me

And here's a treat to you, kengo for suffering through CoT http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=386600
It always cheers me up.
Post Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:49 am
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

quote:
Originally posted by Lady Armageddona

Considering that by the time I am writing this, it would be probably too late to save you from reading this so called book, I would just ask one question
Spoiler:
You can't wait when in the next book Tuon makes herself the wedding dress. I just can't stand the pressure of this cliff hanger from the book

Oh, and the uncertainty that they would find some folding chairs for Egwene in the White Tower is just killing me

And here's a treat to you, kengo for suffering through CoT http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=386600
It always cheers me up.

Thanks Lady Armageddona! That was a groovy thread. I am bookmarking that one. I like how they did all the books!

Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities…there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars…Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand…to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet. - Robert E. Howard
Post Mon Jun 13, 2005 4:32 pm
landlord
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

About reading books again and again...

I have just finished reading "The Lord of the Rings" the third time and I must say there is nothing wrong about this. This book deserves it.
I say any good book deserves being read more than once and if a book is not read at least twice by a certain amount of people, it is not a good book. And yet, don't exagerate. I remember I have read "The Count of Monte-Cristo" so many times, I began to see the mistakes in the translation.
Post Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:18 am
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

quote:
Originally posted by Lady Armageddona
Just finished reading the new Pratchet - Going Postal. I'd certainly recommend it to anyone.
Now I am thinking about starting the Malazan series, but frankly, I don't exactly think I have the time to read such a long series

Hey now! This was six months ago! Get ta crackin'!

If you are in the US like me, you only have two to read so far. And you can quit anytime cause each book is self-contained.

Post Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:12 am
Shagnak
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by Kengo
And you can quit anytime cause each book is self-contained.

Yeah, I was wondering about that. I saw the third book in the bargain bin locally (in large PB format) and was wondering whether to get it or not.
When you say "self contained", do characters continue thru from one to the other? Because if so, I would rather read them in order to have a character history in mind, regardless of if the there is not much direct plot continuation.
Post Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:02 pm
Arma
Mysterious Lady
Mysterious Lady

Kengo, I know it was 6 months ago. Sadly, I have still not read the books. Though I still want to, frankly, I don't have the time right now. Besides, there are tons of other books I have still not read, though MBotF is ranking pretty high on the list.
Post Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:34 am
Namirrha
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Style: Ten Lessons in Clarity and Grace by Joseph M. Williams. Rereading it to purge my system of academic and scientific writing.
Post Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:30 pm
Shagnak
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Well, I just got hold of the newie from Robin Hobb: "Shaman's Crossing".
It's the 1st in a new trilogy entitled "The Soldier's Son".

I can't think of a more generic and ordinary sounding title; but given Hobb's ability at story telling and characterisation I am still expecting this one to deliver the goods.

Now...if only I can prise it out of the wife's hands
Post Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:09 am
bjon045
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

A white-paper on the equilibrium of free-radicals and Antioxidants Last real book would have been close to a year ago and it was Exiles Return by Raymond E Fiest, I thought it was much better than some of his recent works though not as good as his original trilogy.
Post Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:06 am
Amelia
City Guard
City Guard

The Creation of the Media by Paul Starr. Interesting and informative.
Post Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:42 pm
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Night of Knives - A Novel of Malaz
by Ian Cameron Esslemont

Post Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:14 pm
Hagatha
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

I've just finished reading thr first six or seven books of the Honor Harrington series. Great stuff. Recent reads also include three Dan Simmins books - Hyperion and The Fall of Hyperion, and Illium, and David Drake's Lt. Leary series, which I hope continues. All wonderful reading.

I'm currently reading Robin Hobb's Fool trilogy, having loved the Apprentice trilogy, and also am reading the second book in CJ Cherryh's Hammerfall series.
Post Sun Jul 24, 2005 3:56 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next