Shadowbane Preview at IGN
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

Shadowbane Preview at IGN

A short <a href="http://pc.ign.com/articles/389/389095p1.html" target="_blank">preview of Shadowbane</a> has been posted at IGN.PC. It's about the first few hours into the MMORPG, and this is an excerpt about leveling and the bonus of grouping: <br><blockquote><em>Experience and levels are gained in Shadowbane through slaying many monsters. It is possible to go about this solo, but the rewards for grouping in Shadowbane are amazing. Even in a large group, due to the grouping bonus, a player will receive approximately 80% of the experience per monster kill, yet kill many times faster due to the group. Groups also can share gold among members. After leveling-up a player gains attribute points and training points. Attribute points can be used to increase the five main attributes or to insert new runes that a player has looted from monsters. Training points can be used at a trainer in town. When coupled with gold, a player can increase many skills, such as wearing light armor or wielding huge axes.</em></blockquote>
Post Thu Mar 13, 2003 7:58 am
Akiko

Modern Times

Simply amazing. The next generation of online gaming, nay, entertaiment is upon us.

Shadowbane will offer the latest most revolutionary role playing system to date:
"Experience and levels are gained in Shadowbane through slaying many monsters."

Unlike games of the past, the casual gamer will be able to jump right in and experience the same rewards, benefits and fun as the powergamer.
"It is possible to go about this solo, but the rewards for grouping in Shadowbane are amazing."
"Even in a large group, due to the grouping bonus, a player will receive approximately 80% of the experience per monster kill, yet kill many times faster due to the group.

Mind boggling.
Post Thu Mar 13, 2003 8:05 am

Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

Yeah, I was overwhelmed, too, when I read that *yawn*
Post Thu Mar 13, 2003 8:16 am
blah blah

I tried the shadowbane beta

Worst beta experience I have ever had and I have had alot. These issues are far worse than any funcom had at launch of Anarchy Online, the only difference is Shadowbane has no support... Atleast not when I tried to get some. heh
Post Fri Mar 14, 2003 6:20 am

KAS
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Shadowbane has been four years wasted

I've said it before, but Shadowbane is by far the worst hyped mmog to come out in a very long time. I think a lot of the people who have stuck by the game 'anticipating' it through the years of development due to what <could have been> are going to be more than upset when they get their accounts up and running. The only time this game would have ever had a chance to be revolutionary or even excusable would have been during the Meridian 59 days, and even that would be a stretch.

KAS
Post Fri Mar 14, 2003 11:38 pm
Zakhal
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Shadowbane is not for everyone. Especially not for those who are bored of levelling games. As for me i played 5 weeks in the european beta (before swing fell) and loved it. Theres room for improvement and more endgame content is coming somwhere down the road(resource, ship battles, underwater stuff, etc) but as for release its a bit shaky but okay and ill sub in once its released in europe too.

(i never played levelquest games, just uo)
Post Mon Mar 17, 2003 12:23 am