Undocumented interface tips & tricks
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Mosman22
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Undocumented interface tips & tricks

When I first started playing I quickly got tired of having to always move my mouse over to the box that would appear every time I tried moving more than a single item, asking how many I wanted to move. But then I discovered that if you just hit the space bar again (which your finger is probably already over from opening that container or talking to that merchant), it acts like you had hit the OK button. Its really great to use when there are 3 out of 6 stacks of things you want from a chest, but the other 3 things keep you from just using the take all button.

It also seemed like if you selected an item while holding down the cntrl key the item grab defaults to picking just one thing from a stack instead of all of them. Though I did see some irregularity with this. Didn't test it conclusively but it might depend on if you had been holding down cntrl previously to sneak before opening the container.

Has anyone else found any little tricks like this that make your (Morrowind) life easier, and weren't mentioned in the manual (please don't bother repeating info about things like the F1 key)?
Post Thu May 09, 2002 6:53 pm
Morandil
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Ctrl-Click takes one item from a stack, Shift-Click takes the whole stack. This is in the manual. The space bar is interesting, though, I'll have to check that out.
Post Thu May 09, 2002 6:59 pm
Mosman22
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Well, I guess manual quoting is OK if you do it to correct a mistake on my part Didn't know about that shift-click feature. Still might be easier to use space key though.

Another interesting thing I just remembered. Use space to open a container and don't see anything you like? Hit space again to close it. You can also take a single item from container and use space to close it. I think only if there was just one thing in there to begin with. I think if there is more than one item and you take out atleast one thing then the space-close doesn't work. Why? Maybe a bug (or inconsistent programming at the least) My memory is a but hazy about it, but give it a try.
Post Thu May 09, 2002 7:16 pm
Hanover

If you SHIFT-Right Click on a spell, the game will allow you to delete it (though it might be SHIFT-Left Click).
Post Thu May 09, 2002 7:30 pm

yeesh
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:
Originally posted by Hanover
If you SHIFT-Right Click on a spell, the game will allow you to delete it (though it might be SHIFT-Left Click).

Woo hoo! Thanks!
Post Thu May 09, 2002 7:55 pm

Re: Undocumented interface tips & tricks

quote:
Originally posted by Mosman22
When I first started playing I quickly got tired of having to always move my mouse over to the box that would appear every time I tried moving more than a single item, asking how many I wanted to move. But then I discovered that if you just hit the space bar again (which your finger is probably already over from opening that container or talking to that merchant), it acts like you had hit the OK button. Its really great to use when there are 3 out of 6 stacks of things you want from a chest, but the other 3 things keep you from just using the take all button.

It also seemed like if you selected an item while holding down the cntrl key the item grab defaults to picking just one thing from a stack instead of all of them. Though I did see some irregularity with this. Didn't test it conclusively but it might depend on if you had been holding down cntrl previously to sneak before opening the container.

Has anyone else found any little tricks like this that make your (Morrowind) life easier, and weren't mentioned in the manual (please don't bother repeating info about things like the F1 key)?

Jump up and down 3 times then spin 360 degree once will open the elusive secret cow level.
Post Thu May 09, 2002 11:26 pm

Midiboy
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Ya, that Secret Cow level is pretty awesome.

Check out http://www.midiboy.com for info about Midiboy Music
Post Fri May 10, 2002 12:27 am
Zaal
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:
Originally posted by Midiboy
Ya, that Secret Cow level is pretty awesome.

OMG, don't start with that. You'll have newbs coming to this board begging some of the Vets to get the information on how to enter the SCL, just like what happened with the original Diablo.

This place could quickly turn into a Zoo. Monkey's throwing faeces at the humans isn't my cup of java.
Post Fri May 10, 2002 2:40 am
Vorador
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Wow, i didn't know any of that stuff! Awesome!

Noble? Do I look like a noble knight to you?

=Member of the Alliance of Middle-Earth, the Nonflamers' Guild, the Sixth House, the RPGDot Warriors, and Digger of the RPGDot Shadows=
Post Fri May 10, 2002 2:43 am
Shifter
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

quote:
Originally posted by Hanover

Thank god for this..I had like 5 attempts to make a spell that all sucked..now I can get rid of "Night Eyes 2" "Night Eyes 3" "Night Eyes Test"

Post Fri May 10, 2002 3:23 am
igu1

How do I get to the cow level?

Post Fri May 10, 2002 3:49 am

Shifter
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

quote:
Originally posted by igu1
How do I get to the cow level?

Lol, shut up.
Post Fri May 10, 2002 3:56 am