Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Gothic is a advanced game, but you people are exaggerating..
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread

way too much. The AI is not THAT much of a CPU hog. TO prove this, look how everyone with a 800 mhz comp to a 2.2 ghz comp get the same 20 frames per second. It's not that the 2.2 ghz comp can't get more than 20 fps, it's because Piranha Bytes purposely limited the fps of the game. That one problem with Gothic, no matter what computer you have, even an IBM Deep Blue super computer can't get more than 20 fps in Gothic, BECAUSE THE GAME IS LIMITED TO 20 FPS.

So all of you please stop trying to pretend like Gothic takes more powerful to run than the Space Shuttle. Even new games like MOH:AA take a good deal more power to run, and if you deny that, then you are looking at Gothic through fanboy goggles.

Cya.
Post Sun Feb 10, 2002 2:28 am

Bane
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

nooooooooooooooooooooo
Post Sun Feb 10, 2002 3:47 am

How do you get fps count in gothic? mine was smooth to the eye on gf3, 1. ghz, 256M ram.

AI *is* advanced compared to FPS shooters, even the new ones like MOH. Yeah it's scripted and all, but I mean it's scripted well, sometimes I just stood there observing the wildlife critters, how they lay down for the night, dring from the river, etc...

Sometimes I would even hesitate killing one. I mean what game brings that kind of emotion??? In any FPS I just run around and kill everything, cause I can see it's a bunch of pixels with no personality, well except the Thief games
Post Sun Feb 10, 2002 4:14 am

method
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

dont even get me started on mohaa

that game excels at sucking
Post Sun Feb 10, 2002 5:53 am
RingWrath
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

hmmm..
this moha vs gothic thing has gone on long enough, could all you anony's plz register. ta

- Se7en
Post Sun Feb 10, 2002 6:37 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

If you compare Gothic and Pacman and if you will fink about AI in these two games, you will definetly think out something.

But does somebody with something like 1800+ Athlon or 2.2 P4 has more than 20 fps.

Marvin console comand is
toggle frame

[ This Message was edited by: Danicek on 2002-02-10 01:16 ]
Post Sun Feb 10, 2002 7:14 am
RingWrath
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

are you kidding?
the ai in pac man are supreeeeme!!!
honostly, the way they cut you off like that, and just eat you all up, they are faster than you, you have to out smart them, but they keep cutting you off! you just cant eat all em apples! they're too damn smart!!!
Post Sun Feb 10, 2002 7:18 am

the 2.2 ghz is a horrible processor alltogether
gothic is not limited to 20 fps just for the mere fact that 20 fps is choppy and is imediately noticeable to the naked eye. Just because gothic reports at 20 fps doesnt mean its actually running at that, ever consider that? i cna tell instantly when my fps goes below 30. Especially when standing inside thenew camp castle for some strange reason. But to say its limited to 20 fps is absurd. Its quite evident that it isnt. even if gothic reports that it is. There ARE third party programs that would probably accurately measure the FPS
Post Sun Feb 10, 2002 8:23 am

Bigpapa
Stranger from north
Stranger from north

How can i get frames from Pacman
Post Sun Feb 10, 2002 2:44 pm