new night of the raven picks
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Milten Rulz!!!
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

new night of the raven picks

go to http://www.igralec.com/content/gallery.html?cid=3055 to check some sweat pictures of the night of the raven, including a map of the new world
For me
Post Sun Feb 08, 2004 7:03 pm
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

English NOTR floating around somewhere?

Thanks for the link Milten. I noticed that in the last screenshot, the caption above the object in focus is in English. I wonder if that was taken from an internal English NOTR that may exist. Or is it still the German version and somehow that text was in English for some reason.

(Of course, I could idiot, though. Does the word "Statue" have the same meaning in English and German?)
Post Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:26 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Statue (German) = statue (English). It's the same word with the same meaning.
Post Mon Feb 09, 2004 7:07 pm
Milten Rulz!!!
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

its not that hard to gind websites like that, just go to google and put in gothic2 night of the raven and you will find tons of websights like that and will find nice pictures
For me
Post Mon Feb 09, 2004 8:22 pm
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

The other is "eiswolf" = "ice wolf" in English. That confirms it is the German Raven.

We still do not know if: 1) it will be released in English, or if: 2) it will not be released in English.

Falcon 4.0 Gold: OIR suffered a similiar fate. 'Into the great abyss without a word'.

How long would you wait before buying the German Gold edition (G2 + Raven) and just using an English subtitle patch?

Any more delay and soon it will be too old to sale. I mean, there is no word of it at all -even a definite yes or no would be nice; then I would know if to start working on the laborious task of a translation project.
Post Mon Feb 09, 2004 8:54 pm
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

Thanks for the clarification, Jaz.

Xerxes, you are like an encyclopedia of software release history.

You know, I do have a feeling that NOTR will come out in English. I just think that it is such a low priority title with Atari that we will hear nothing about until it is about to hit the streets.

Just like the first UK Gothic 2 release. We heard nothing for MANY months. Then all of a sudden everybody locked in on the June 13th date. That's what's going to happen with raven. It will come in when we least expect it. Sort of like what Gorath refered to as a "stealth" release.
Post Mon Feb 09, 2004 10:11 pm
Milten Rulz!!!
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

that sounds right to me
For me
Post Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:53 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

tho if it wont be released u all gonna need to study german language cos xerxes will probably by then change his mind by translating it LOL
Post Wed Feb 11, 2004 3:28 pm
megadav
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

http://media.pc.ign.com/media/572/572034/imgs_1.html
There're a few pics there too, but you might have seen them before.
Post Wed Feb 11, 2004 5:05 pm
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

@Daedalus

You may be right, but I noticed when taking german in highschool, the 2 languages are very similar. The bug with the german in the notes for instance wasn't too hard to figure out. Besides, it never hurts to know a second language.

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Wed Feb 11, 2004 5:09 pm
megadav
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

http://en.tagmt.devmode.de/
It's a modding team for Gothic, just found.
Post Wed Feb 11, 2004 5:13 pm
Milten Rulz!!!
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

good, keep the pictures coming i've been looking all over the internet and there are many websites that have sweat pics
For me
Post Wed Feb 11, 2004 8:23 pm
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

I made a fan patch for the german bug text in journal 9 months ago. it was for download here, but no longer there.

I sent it to Gorath, e-mailed, and PM. I have not heard back from yet. He said he would host it on this website. it is a fan made patch to fix the gernman text buglet. Named G2text1 Mod.

It was mistakenly sitting in place of the G2DemoSubtitles patch made by HornOx. That was corrected, but the old file should still be on his hard drive.

I personally doubt we will see Raven in April (we will see if Dark Omen is right) . I wonder how long do you want to wait to play the game? I think once the price of the german versions come down enough to buy the combo cheap, by summer -then buy that and translate the subtitles, and put in the english voice from G2 into it mixed with the german voice.
Post Wed Feb 11, 2004 9:54 pm
jo_nik
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by Xerxes712

How long would you wait before buying the German Gold edition (G2 + Raven) and just using an English subtitle patch?

My friend, if there was an english text patch for the Gold edition
(but made by someone with adequate knowledge of both english and
german, not something undecipherable made by an autotranslator),
I would be waiting for it (the Gold edition) in my mailbox right now

But seriously you cant expect anyone to edit thousands of lines of text
also taking the time to read/edit each separate phrase so that it actually
makes sense !

This would take months
Post Thu Feb 12, 2004 7:26 am
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

80% has already been done. HornOx auto translation program was pretty good. it only needed minimal editing to clean it up.

The biggest part is what Raven text adds to it. Raven text is not as big as the original Gothic 2. I have hex edited a patch for Gothic in by hand and makes clear sense in English.

You can see my one example called G2text1 Mod I made (brings UK 1.31 up closer to US version 1.32); but for some reason, I can never get it to be hosted on this website for people to download.

I have the months to spend translating and doing it by hand (I am permenately 'retired'). I would start now if I knew for sure there will not be any English release before next year.

There is also native German/English speaking people here that can help me translate confusing double meaning phrases to help out in the project. Then I do the laborious task of typing in the data, one for one letter substitution.

It would be alot of work, but worth it if there is to be no Raven for English speaking people.

I would think if we do not hear within the month of April any news; then it would be time to translate by hand. Right now, German G2 + Raven add-0n is still about $80 USD expensive.

The USD has lost much ground to the EU and BGP to inprove the trade deficeit (ie. USA is going broke into debt and cost more to buy from EU, but our goods are cheaper for EU to buy from US).

Back to your main point, yes it would defintely be a daunting task! But if there is no word on a release date by April, what else could we do?
Post Thu Feb 12, 2004 8:22 am

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next