No more Old Camp. . .
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
Temptress
Purely Innocent
Purely Innocent

No more Old Camp. . .

Chapter 4, I can't get back into the Old Camp. Guards beating me up, gate closed, etc.. I've read a few other posts about it but:

Should I kill the guards outside? Will there be any repercussions? Will I ever be allowed back in?

Is this where I join another camp?

I'm a bit confused. I thought I was doing the right thing.

Sorry for all the questions. I just don't know if I should start that part over and maybe not give the focus stones to the New Camp.

Ugh, I've had the whole day off. Can you tell what I've been doing? LOL

Sorry for all the questions and TIA ~T
Post Thu Jul 25, 2002 4:17 am
Xelis
High Emperor
High Emperor

First of all, you WERE doing the right thing about giving the focus stones to the New Camp. O.K. now.
If you havent talked to Diego or Milten outside the gates of the Old Camp DO SO!! it is vital to the game as you will soon learn alot of information about the guards in front and the Old Camp being closed. Also look at your stats, then look at your guild. It will say 'none' and you will find out why if you talk to Diego or Milten. Go and try this now...
Post Thu Jul 25, 2002 4:23 am
Temptress
Purely Innocent
Purely Innocent

I noticed in the New Camp that it was "none." And when I approached the men outside the gate they beat on me. LOL I got scared and ran. I didn't know what to do. I will got try to talk to them. But the first time they gutted me. Should I go to the south gate or north?
Post Thu Jul 25, 2002 5:29 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Diego and Milten are waiting within short distance from both gates to warn people not to run into the guards.
Post Thu Jul 25, 2002 5:58 am
Moonslash
Celestial Guardian
Celestial Guardian

It's ok to kill the guards, but it can be a little tough. But even if you beat them up, you will still not be able to enter the old camp until later in the game.

Things are neither completely bright nor dark.

Do you go right? Or do you go left? A simple decision, yes? No ambiguities. Only the dream of the path not taken! And so one might stand in this place and contemplate for a long while. What will I miss if I go left? What will I lose if I go right? And in my indecision, have I chosen a worse fate?
Post Thu Jul 25, 2002 6:57 am
Temptress
Purely Innocent
Purely Innocent

Thanks! I found Milten and Diego. Whew! (I still beat on a few guards though. How dare they throw me out!) I've since been to the New Camp and joined. I'm now looking for Xadras' tower. But, it's time for bed. Tomorrow will be "A new day". LOL

~Night all and thanks! ~T
Post Thu Jul 25, 2002 7:19 am
HeWhoHasNoName
Lord of Sorrows
Lord of Sorrows

If you have trouble with the guards lead them to Diego or Milten. They are immortal and will help you.
=Member of The Sports Fan Club=
Post Thu Jul 25, 2002 8:33 am
Temptress
Purely Innocent
Purely Innocent

Yeah, they are kinda tough aren't they? Thanks.

On a side note I was pretty perplexed at the amount of gore when they all stabbed me and cut me to little bits. Good lord! My head was missing. Heh.
Post Thu Jul 25, 2002 5:51 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Your head probably just vanished in the ground due to clipping/collision issues. There are no beheadings in Gothic...
Post Thu Jul 25, 2002 6:26 pm
Erb Duchenne
Slayer
Slayer

quote:
Originally posted by Moonslash
... you will still not be able to enter the old camp until later in the game.

Actually you can make use of a bug to get in the old camp. I guess it's not cheating...rite?
Post Thu Jul 25, 2002 7:10 pm
Temptress
Purely Innocent
Purely Innocent

quote:
Your head probably just vanished in the ground due to clipping/collision issues. There are no beheadings in Gothic...

Party Pooper! LOL. I wasn't complaining. Not that I'm sadistic or anything, but I found it . . . err . . . for lack of a better word: funny.

Thanks for all your info!

~T
Post Thu Jul 25, 2002 7:40 pm
Gothic7
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

if you realy want to get in right now and kill the outer ring, you can transform into a meatbug and get under the gates.
Post Thu Jul 25, 2002 9:41 pm
Erb Duchenne
Slayer
Slayer

quote:
Originally posted by Gothic7
if you realy want to get in right now and kill the outer ring, you can transform into a meatbug and get under the gates.

Well, actually, you can just squeeze in at the side of the main gate. No need for spells and such.

Mind you... some characters in the castle proper are still immortal in Chapter 4.
Post Fri Jul 26, 2002 5:55 pm
Temptress
Purely Innocent
Purely Innocent

So, it's not a bad thing to go in there and kill whomever I can and pilfer their chests? By outer ring you do mean the huts, etc.. around the castle, where the diggers and shadows live, right?

I take it that you never have to go back in there for any other reason than to mebbe kill gomez.

I think I'm getting ahead of my self! LOL. I'm still trying to figure out the Chromanin book thing. First I'm going to look around here for an answer but I'll use a seperate post if I can't find the answers I need. ***scratch that, I found the answers I needed.***

~T
Post Fri Jul 26, 2002 7:06 pm
[= D3m0n C0mm4nd0 =]
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Heres something for thought, go to the not-so-free mine but DONT ENTER. There will be a dead mercenary who has a 96 damage axe!!TAKE IT,well, no use letting it rot away, and plus, you want to have revenge on who killed the guy . Ok,if you want to kill Thorus, you can't! Get the teleport to Fire Mage place spell and then kill all the guards, it would be good to have the Pyro**** spell. Now head off and kill Gomez, very easy to kill. Get his sword and kill Thorus!
Post Wed Aug 07, 2002 11:10 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next