How many levels of pickpocketing?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
wk
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

How many levels of pickpocketing?

Whilst pickpocketing people I got various messages telling me how easy or difficult it would be. Some said that it would be extremely difficult but I still tried.

I was wondering if this was the highest difficulty? and how many levels there were?
Post Sun Jul 20, 2003 9:18 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

umm there are no levels but after u learn the maximum Dex its piece of cake to get all ppl cleaned up belive me
Post Sun Jul 20, 2003 9:36 pm
wk
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I worked out that there are six levels of difficulty possible:

child's play
simple
risky
difficult
damn difficult
nearly impossible

Hope this is not a spoiler.
Post Mon Jul 21, 2003 2:18 pm
curious
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

the 6 levels only signify how difficult their pocket is to pick, not your chances though...because if you have a low dexterity you won't even
be able to pick a simple pocket, and yet if your dexterity is high you can
pick the nearly impossible.
also i noticed that it would be advantageous to wait til later chapters to pick pockets. This is my 2nd time around and i've noticed that it goes as follows for when you are pickpocketing someone's purse(gold).
ch1 25xp
ch2 75xp
ch3 150xp
ch4 200xp
Post Mon Jul 21, 2003 6:58 pm
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

The pickpocket score to beat is stored as an hex number in game.dat. Search for DIA_(name)_pickpocket there is the scripted action if you talk fail or succeed and how they react to you. Next is the score at the end 4 places from the FF FF FF FF end statement. Most all stored data is like this in the game from all weapon stats, item values, spell damage, etc.
Post Mon Jul 21, 2003 7:07 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

i noticed one thing if u allready pickpoecketed someone in somewhere city or onars place or whatever u get later to pickpocket him again after the chapter is changed
Post Tue Jul 22, 2003 11:20 am
Rasmus
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I have leaned the pick pocket skill, but how do i use it?
Post Mon Jul 28, 2003 3:50 pm
wk
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:
Originally posted by Rasmus
I have leaned the pick pocket skill, but how do i use it?

just speak to them and it will give you the option.
careful though!
Post Mon Jul 28, 2003 4:45 pm
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

In chapter 1 every successful pickpocket is rewarded with 25xp? Does that mean with each chapter you can pickpocket everyone again and get more xp than the previous chapter?

...Or do you mean that you only get xp once per person you pickpocket, and the amount of xp you get is determined by the chapter? If this is the case, then I'll wait until chapter 4 (highest xp per person possible) to start pickpocketing. If I can get xp for each person once per chapter, then I'll make sure I get everyone in every chapter...

Anyone care to clear this up for me? Thanks!
I am the founder and former leader of a guild in EQ, retired member of The Code in EQ, original member of KOE in AOE2, past Corporal of EVO in MOHAA, respected veteran of UT 2003, a conquerer of all decent games, and an aspiring game developer.

Gothic's Loyal Hero, SirDeity
Post Tue Jul 29, 2003 1:59 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

well last time i played with a mage so i learned fast in chapter allready pickpocketing and started to pickpocket ppl after the chapter changes u can pickpocket some more ppl again and so on and so on like i seen ppl can be pickpocketed in every chapter again
Post Tue Jul 29, 2003 12:12 pm
curious
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

yes there are some people you can pickpocket more than once, but maybe only around 5% or less. Usually it is when they move to a different locale, or change roles or something else that warrants them having new dialog responses. Chapter 3 is probably the best to wait til since after that it no longer doubles but gives you only 50xp more per level.
Post Tue Jul 29, 2003 7:44 pm
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

I might only pickpocket all the NPCs that give items needed to complete or begin quests in chapter 1. I'm trying to do as many quests as possible in chapter 1. Could I get a quick list of all the NPCs that when pickpocketed will trigger a new quest and all the NPCs that need to be pickpocket in order to complete quests available in chapter 1? (Please don't include quests that cannot be completed in chapter 1.) Thanks!
I am the founder and former leader of a guild in EQ, retired member of The Code in EQ, original member of KOE in AOE2, past Corporal of EVO in MOHAA, respected veteran of UT 2003, a conquerer of all decent games, and an aspiring game developer.

Post Tue Jul 29, 2003 11:58 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

Constantino , Valentino and thats all i think everyone else just give some gold or stuff
Post Wed Jul 30, 2003 10:43 am
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

The judge is another one... Lehmar is also another one...

Post Wed Jul 30, 2003 4:31 pm
Phalanx
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

what are the dexterity levels to pick a pocket, i've noticed on some posts people putting how much dex is needed to pick that level of pocket
Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 1:31 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next