Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Console RPGs General

Author Thread
Darrius Cole
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords

I guess I will start off this brand new forum with a question about the greatest Console RPG series to date.

Question: On my first play through (100% light side) when I got about 17 hours in, Kreia said something to the handmaiden. The Handmaiden then started an argument with me and would not speak to me for the rest of the game (the remaining 40 hours). Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone know what caused this?
Post Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:43 pm
Myrthos
Spoiler of All Fun
Spoiler of All Fun

I wish I could tell you, but the game has not been released where I am.
...you won't have to unbookmark this site, we'll unbookmark you. - Val
Reports Myrthos for making me scared and humbled at the mere sight of his name - kayla
Post Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:58 pm
DzD
Unknown
Unknown

Re: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords

quote:
Originally posted by Darrius Cole
I guess I will start off this brand new forum with a question about the greatest Console RPG series to date.

Question: On my first play through (100% light side) when I got about 17 hours in, Kreia said something to the handmaiden. The Handmaiden then started an argument with me and would not speak to me for the rest of the game (the remaining 40 hours). Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone know what caused this?

Spoiler:
Was it about training Handmaiden into a Jedi? Could it be that you refused to do it after she asked you to, and got mad at you? I'm not really sure. I've played through this game 4 times, 1 as 100% light, 1 as neutral and 2 as 100% evil, and it has never happened to me...

His latest, a hit
Cuz the Little One's a mystery to me

Written by - dteowner
Post Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:43 am
Darrius Cole
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

It is not (or at least I don't think it is) the training because I was doing that whenever I could. I believe it has something to do with Visas. Kreia told Handmaiden that I had basically fallen in love with Visas, which my character had not, and that was all it took. The very next exchange with Handmaiden is an unavoidable fight, and every possible dialogue option ends with her not speaking to me. After that no amount of influence gained, no amount use using her in battle, and no quest that she participates in, will get her to respond to me when I talk to her. Well, she responds, but she only says, "There is nothing for us to discuss. Leave me alone" and dialogue ends. If there is a point in the game where she has to respond, such as dancing for Vogga the Hutt, she will respond with the quest specific response, but as soon as that is done, "There is nothing for us to discuss. Leave me alone."

If I could have kicked her out of the party I would have. Ride in my ship and not speak to me, she can't treat me like that, she's not my wife.
Post Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:52 pm
Davo
City Guard
City Guard

I've barely played the first game, never mind getting 40 hours into the second. I just wanted to post something because I'm so psyched to finally see a console thread in these forums. Good luck with handmaiden.
Post Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:46 pm
DzD
Unknown
Unknown

quote:
Originally posted by Darrius Cole
It is not (or at least I don't think it is) the training because I was doing that whenever I could. I believe it has something to do with Visas. Kreia told Handmaiden that I had basically fallen in love with Visas, which my character had not, and that was all it took. The very next exchange with Handmaiden is an unavoidable fight, and every possible dialogue option ends with her not speaking to me. After that no amount of influence gained, no amount use using her in battle, and no quest that she participates in, will get her to respond to me when I talk to her. Well, she responds, but she only says, "There is nothing for us to discuss. Leave me alone" and dialogue ends. If there is a point in the game where she has to respond, such as dancing for Vogga the Hutt, she will respond with the quest specific response, but as soon as that is done, "There is nothing for us to discuss. Leave me alone."

If I could have kicked her out of the party I would have. Ride in my ship and not speak to me, she can't treat me like that, she's not my wife.
Trouble with Visas is definitely a possibillity.... since you're saying it happened 17 hours in, I'd guess it happened exactly when you got Visas in your party. I remember that the Handmaiden talks to you after you decide to keep her, and perhaps you made some kind of comment like "I hate you more then her" or something similar.

Of course, that doesn't make any sense at all since you said you were 100% light...

You say that no amount of influence gained will make her respond to you... I think you're wrong. It can be quite hard to gain enough influence with ALL the characters, and I believe that you must've used more characters then the handmaiden... here:

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=27887&hl=

"If she won't talk to you on the Ebon Hawk stick her in your party and do good deeds in front of her. Eventually you'll find some places where you can gain influence."

Oh, and while I'm at it, if you need to get influence with a character but are not sure what to do or where to get them:

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=26579
His latest, a hit

Written by - dteowner
Post Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:33 pm
Darrius Cole
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

I think I have found the answer. Someone on Gamefaqs told me that you can not show Visas any kindness if you want Handmaiden. Naturally, I showed Visas kindness as I did everyone else. On my next Lightside playthrough I will try that, maybe. I don't much like the idea of having a companion that is so jealous that I can not be kind to anyone else without them getting mad.
Post Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:51 pm
DzD
Unknown
Unknown

Weird. I showed Visas kindness and even told Handmaiden that I trust Visas more then her. I could talk to them both.
His latest, a hit

Written by - dteowner
Post Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:41 pm
Darrius Cole
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

I just know I wanted to put her out of my ship so, so, much.
Post Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:44 pm
DzD
Unknown
Unknown

PLay female and you won't have to drag her around.
His latest, a hit

Written by - dteowner
Post Sat Jan 08, 2005 5:08 am