View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Erb Duchenne
Slayer
Slayer

quote:
Originally posted by HeWhoHasNoName
Oh, and Light Crossbows do more damage than long bows. 50 to 40. They are slower though. I don't think they have a range though. Its just the further away the harder to hit.

So the New Camp can start thrashing the Old and Sect campers with their longbows even as they approach. The others, who only have crossbows, cannot use it over the long distance.

All the New campers gotta do is shoot, retreat a little, shoot, retreat and repeat until all other campers are dead!

Only Diego has a longbow and we know he doesn't want to get involved. So the New camp should come up tops!
Post Fri Jun 14, 2002 8:46 am
Gomez The Mad
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

No...no your wrong my friend. The Old Camp would win because that's just the way it is. No if's, and's, or but's about it. "For Gomez!"
No self control, he just lets his emotions go.
~The Definition of a Madman

=Member of the Flamers' Guild=
Post Fri Jun 14, 2002 9:32 am
TheLonePaladin
Mighty Warrior
Mighty Warrior

For Gomez!!
"Though the gates that stand between the mortal world and the immortal Realm of Chaos are now closed to me, still I would rather die having glimpsed eternity than never to have stirred the cold furrow of mortal life.
I embrace death without regret as I embraced life without fear."
Post Fri Jun 14, 2002 7:52 pm
Erb Duchenne
Slayer
Slayer

quote:
Originally posted by Gomez The Mad
No...no your wrong my friend. The Old Camp would win because that's just the way it is. No if's, and's, or but's about it. "For Gomez!"

I see. And this is the extent of your reasoning?
Post Sat Jun 15, 2002 4:21 pm
Gomez The Mad
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

Yes

Post Sat Jun 15, 2002 7:32 pm
Erb Duchenne
Slayer
Slayer

Ya know... though Gomez the Mad's reasoning is shallow and condecending, I have this awkward realisation that he may be right.

The old camp is the first camp and once the only camp, right? The old camp people beyond the gate, at the heart of the free mine... we've never seen them anywhere before we enter the gates, right? The only way that you know of entering that section of the free mine is when Gorn gives you the key to the shed which houses the winch. Before that, the Mercenaries guarding the gate won't let you through... even if you're a mage.

Well, I think beyond those gates have always been Old Camp territory. They have secret passages all over the place, and possibly attacked the new camp guys at the free mine from all directions at once, including from within!

Someone said it improbable, because the Free mine is so far from the Old Camp. Well, if there's a direct underground tunnel... it's actually closer than the Old Mine actually was.

In any case, I don't think distance matters in ore transportation.

Bottom line... Old camp has a lot more people, unseen. They know the territory. They have a powerful singular command structure.
Post Sun Jun 16, 2002 4:02 am
HiveTyrant
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Ah HA!!!!!! I think may have found the downfall of the OC if they were being assalted by the other camps!!! You see if the other camps could get paa the first main gate of the OC their is a secrect passage in the marketplace in the OC. It leads through a couple of doors and there is a big bas sword in one room Anyway, all they would have to do is nock down a couple of doors and they would come up in the middle of the castle area under the Ore Barons castle were the little pit is beside the area with the guys swinging the swords. So while all the guards are standing around waiting for a frontal assault the NC and the SC could already have killed the ore barons and then escaped with out being detected. theis would make a major blow in the NC moral and they would eventually give up!!!!!!!!

-Holy Inquistion on the Tyranid threat
Post Wed Jun 19, 2002 5:58 am
Gomez The Mad
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

If anyone tried to sneak up on Gomez and his henchmen it would be the last thing they remember trying to do. Gomez could strip naked, throw his sword down, and fist fight the entire New Camp alone. "For Gomez!"

Post Wed Jun 19, 2002 6:21 am
HiveTyrant
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Acually strange enough that has accually happened to me. I possed Gomez and took his armor off to see what it was like. I went back to my character and went to retrieve his armor. He screamed some obsenety at make and ran a jump kicked me so i ran and ran and ran. I ran all the wayback to the NC and he folloed Well everything then exploded and he started fighting random people. So i got thre hell outa there. I never saw him again. Good thing i had allready beaten the game and it didnt effect it at all.

-Holy Inquistion on the Tyranid threat
Post Wed Jun 19, 2002 6:39 am
Gomez The Mad
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

I'm tellin you man, Gomez's mind is sick and twisted. He'll beat you down with a dead fish and deep fry you, yo!

Post Wed Jun 19, 2002 7:17 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

You are all forgetting one thing: Lee.

Lee is the best general in the entire land, both inside and outside of the prison.

If anybody can lead troops, it is this guy, and tactics are the most important thing in the war, so the New Camp would have a HUGE advantage because of Lee.

Another thing: You've never seen the Templars use their crossbows? Just draw a swamp shark near one of the guards and then you'll see them use their crossbows.

Templars are, if you check out their stats, by far the best warriors in the game, but all in all it depends on alliances and so on.. the sect camp, and the new camp cooperates, so they would whoop Old Camp ass before turning on each other.. after the first war, the second war would depend on which camp lost the most soldiers during the first war and so on, and so on..
Post Wed Jun 19, 2002 1:02 pm
Erb Duchenne
Slayer
Slayer

No, I don't think Gomez would strip or could take on everyone else with his bare fists.

But as long as you're talking about beating down the castle gate... there's guards there who would call for reinforcement before anything else happened. The Old camp is a Castle!

The New Camp has a gate at one point... but seriously it is open space and in a cave with a wide open welcoming door. There's other ways to get in and the perimeter is so big it's impossible to guard it all. So much for Lee's tactical genius. If you explore... you find a route from the orc camp area which will take you to the New Camp the back way.

And the swamp camp? You can attack that from all directions. As far as I know, their gate is completely useless. You can also fall in from the mountain above the temple to ambush them!
Post Wed Jun 19, 2002 1:35 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

quote:
Originally posted by Erb Duchenne
So much for Lee's tactical genius.

Have mercy. He's just a level 19 character while Gomez is a level 100 guy. .
Post Wed Jun 19, 2002 2:08 pm
Gomez The Mad
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

"For Gomez"....."FOR GOMEZ!" "FoR GoooMeZz!!??" "AhhHHHhh" ::Curls up in a little ball and dies.::

Post Wed Jun 19, 2002 2:20 pm
Moonslash
Celestial Guardian
Celestial Guardian

quote:
Originally posted by Jaz
quote:
Originally posted by Erb Duchenne
So much for Lee's tactical genius.

Have mercy. He's just a level 19 character while Gomez is a level 100 guy. .

It shouldn't be like that. *sigh* Wonder why the programmers made it this way. Lee is supposed to be way better than that.

Things are neither completely bright nor dark.

Do you go right? Or do you go left? A simple decision, yes? No ambiguities. Only the dream of the path not taken! And so one might stand in this place and contemplate for a long while. What will I miss if I go left? What will I lose if I go right? And in my indecision, have I chosen a worse fate?
Post Wed Jun 19, 2002 8:56 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next