Usergroups
cheats: yes or not?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Did you used cheats while playing G.2?
HELL YEAH!
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Cheats, hmmmm can't play without them :))
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Never! I mean it...
20%
 20%  [ 7 ]
No, I never used cheats with G or G2.
29%
 29%  [ 10 ]
Well... sometimes, here and there...
44%
 44%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 34

Author Thread
Damelron
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I used cheates after i beat the game. Cus if u use them when u havnt beat the game then it takes the fun out of the gameplay. But afterwards it makes it funner
Post Thu May 27, 2004 3:30 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

too bad u couldent insert Mud in Gothic 2
Post Thu May 27, 2004 3:35 pm
Damelron
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

ya, but he just ran away and followed me so i got him killed cus he fell off a cliff lol
Post Thu May 27, 2004 7:26 pm
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

I never cheat, I am totally agains cheating to progress in a game.
I got nothing to cheating after you beat the game in al possible ways , to discover the deeper things and sort
Post Thu May 27, 2004 9:03 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

by the way one thing concerns me i seen some pictures from some websites about gothic 1 that there can be found some honeywax items or honey but i didnt find it there. Anyone did find it somewhere ? or it was only able to insert
Post Fri May 28, 2004 5:10 pm
marevix
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I cheat in 2 ways:

a. After I beat the game, I use F8 to fly and K to teleport, and summon wolves all day. I also get rare items like alchemy ingredients and steel billets & use the hero import/export trick on Ignaz. "Hello there, my lab assistant. I have 128 lockpicks for sale, want any?"

b. I play as a Mage. There are 2 ways to play as a cheater mage NON-TECHNICALLY. Once you hit circle 6 (at level 3) just train mana until you can use army of darkness. AoD + Mana potions= Slaughter of Orcs. RoF + Mana potions= Death to everything. Healing spell + Mage = Invincibility. Easy death to everything + invincibility + legitimate gain = perfect cheat, yes?
Post Mon May 31, 2004 4:36 pm
NeoCodex
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

hmm. cheats. a delicate issue.

as i have myself for a good and experienced gamer, i very rarely use cheats. i mean, never if possible. only if it's really, REALLY, necessary. but even than, i rather help myself with a walktrough, perhaps i missed something anywhere, or perhaps there's an easier way to get around the problem. haven't used the for a really long time.

but cheats can be fun in gothic (once you have completed it a couple of times). you can wear armor that you could never wear it otherwise. sometimes cheats even help to solve the quests you couldn't solve otherwise, if it's a bug for example. i still remember the bug in Gothic 1, where you had that talk with Lester about his master and than he couldnt get back to his place so you could comlete that quest.
but funny, look at this PB knew about that bug and I don't know, if they couldn't fix it or what.. so when I was randomly typing stuff in console (insert xxx) i came across that..

"insert lester_bug_fix"

LOL

so a book spawned and what was inside of it?
"Shick Lester nach hause."
That means "Send Lester to home" rofl and it really did work, otherwise I would have to start game from the begining because of that lol thanks PB

You can try it if you don't believe me, this thing really exists
Post Mon May 31, 2004 10:18 pm
Uocjat
High Emperor
High Emperor

yup i bet the fix is ther but you dont really need it unless you blocked his way or something to something whent loco
had a prob like it whit baal what his name in the orc graveyard and theres a fix for that too
Post Mon May 31, 2004 10:29 pm
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

I have played through the game many times, I don't think there is anything I haven't tried, and I played through it more then 8 times So I personally do not spoil anything for me when I enable Marvin-mode as soon as I am in-game. I do it usually because it allows me to enable the clock on the screen, also sometimes I just don't feel like running a long distance, so I just "fly" it. No biggie, as I said, I have played through the game many times and am not exactly spoiling anything for myself. I do not edit my char, of course, that would be too boring. I don't add extra LP's or whatever else. I may summon to my char some handy mid-class weapon, i.e. better then some lousy stick, but weaker then special weapons. Again, because I've played through the game in any possible way, with every class, so this is just a small little bonus for me, nothing more

It's like in Baldur's Gate games: I've played through them even more times then that, tried literally anything, all classes and whatever, so basically I don't find myself cheating in any way when I add to my char at the beginning of the game some 100 Identify scrolls and the Bag of Holding. I KNOW where these items are, I know what's coming in the game, done it tens and tens of times, so I am now using the came more confortably.

It's not a cheating in cases like this (well, blatant editing and adding unearned LP's and whatever is), it's more like making the game, what you know in-and-out and have played countless times already, more comfortable
Post Tue Jun 01, 2004 10:21 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

ehe nice Whailor but have u ever seen in G1 any honeywax ?
Post Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:00 pm
Jackie
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

of course not cheats. Because it isnt has fun
Post Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:37 am
DA UNDERTAKER
souls will cry
souls will cry

i never use cheats... even if i wanted to i can't
they don't work to me
Post Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:48 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

hmm they dont work for you ? a bad copy or something ?
Post Mon Jun 07, 2004 2:48 pm
Drake5
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Just the quick potion. I found a nasty little bug that when i was being pummeled by those pesky little lesser skeletons under the church, and I try to drink a potion from the inv. the game CTD's. (ch4, L30 mage, I can take it)
Post Mon Jun 07, 2004 9:29 pm
Patriot
Small Tiger
Small Tiger

Well sometimes
Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:43 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next