Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
I'm freaking out!!! I can't take it! (spoilers)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Dogar
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I'm freaking out!!! I can't take it! (spoilers)

THERE IS STILL A HUGE AMOUNT OF TIME UNTIL GOTHIC 3 IS RELEASED!! IN GERMANY EVEN!!!!!!

I've got some major Gothic withdrawal going on. Maybe it's because I bought the two games at the same time and pretty much played through them like it was one game, and now I've just finished Gothic 2 and theres NOTHING LEFT!!!

Eh, so, maybe I should actually make this thread *about* something other than mad ranting. How about some plot explanations. Does anybody want to tell me what the heck that Undead Dragon was supposed to be? He acted like "Me" should have known who he was. Is he supposed to be some reincarnation of the Sleeper or something? And if Xardas only wanted to take his power, then why was he bother erecting the barrier, seeing as his desire to defeat the sleeper was only based on a desire of power, and not from the desire to save the kingdom as he claimed?

I suppose noone really has an answer for these question, I guess I just want to hear your opinions about it.
Post Fri Apr 16, 2004 9:00 am
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

Beats me about the dragon, as for Xardas, then he left Fire Magicians AFTER the Barrier was erected.I suppose that at some point he got just too damn bored under there, that started to try out something else Also, unlike other magicians, he actually put some thought and research into the Barrier and realized, that there was something "else", which caused it to become so big, something demonic. So, since he already was bored the hell out of the "ever good" Fire Magicians and such, he left and started his own research.
Post Fri Apr 16, 2004 9:11 am
cptmaxon
High Emperor
High Emperor

u do know the undead dragon it's the beast from vatras story u're the chosen of innos and he's the chosen of beliar.
Post Fri Apr 16, 2004 2:53 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

well like i understood then that undead dragon was like Player 2 on the other side the oponent the negative of yourself u were the good one player 1 and dragon was player 2 bad one
Post Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:06 pm
Phil5000
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I too feel your frustration at needing to play Gothic but having to wait. I predict it will be a very long wait. The English Night of the Raven will never be released (come on, if they were going to they'd have done so by now). G3 will be released internationally long after the German version is, and like G2 it will be buggy and they will make no effort to fix it because they'll be too busy with the G3 addon which will never be released in English either.
I've heard some gamers mention ideas for a patch to convert the subtitles from German to English but that will take so long the German games won't be available by the time it's ready.

Call me a synic but come on, you only have to look at the track record of these games right from Gothic 1 and how buggy that was and how poorly the publishers handled it's release and the same crap is still happening with NOTR, to realize that no one has learned their lesson.
Post Sat Apr 17, 2004 4:54 am
Dogar
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Well, to be fair we really shouldn't be complaining like this. After all, this sort of delay is probably only happening to one of the games we Westerners like. The Europeans probably get treated like this with every single game they want instead of just one.

But still....I WANT GOTHIC 3!!!!

...Night of the Raven would be nice too.
Post Sat Apr 17, 2004 5:40 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

"Do not mock me" like Pyrokar says
I'm European, you know. But yeah you're right, but they only do that with good games. Games like the Sim's and Fifa (games the dumm mass plays) are always available in any store, but good games, no.
For me it's even more frustrating. I live in the Netherlands and I could for example hop in my car and drive to Germany, but my German isn't good enough to play the german version.
Post Sat Apr 17, 2004 11:27 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

well third part will be worldwide i am more than 90% sure in it and the gothc 2 addon should be out soon also if koch media is right
Post Sat Apr 17, 2004 9:11 pm
Robar the II
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

First of all the undead or spirit dragon is supposed to be the chosen of the god, Beliar. Second Xardas the heros mentor and also powerful black magician, takes the power of the chosen of Belia thus granting himself the title and power of chosen. Although he says he will not serve Beliar that remains to be seen hopefully in gothic3. I certainly hope that gothic3 comes out with an english version at around the same time as german release, and I also hope that the Night of the Raven add-on for gothic2 comes out in english as I heard many good things about it,(watermages guild i think?.)
So either way I have many hopes up for the "hopefully" near future.
Post Sat Apr 17, 2004 11:12 pm
Bartacus
Il Buono
Il Buono

quote:
Originally posted by Whailor
Beats me about the dragon, as for Xardas, then he left Fire Magicians AFTER the Barrier was erected.I suppose that at some point he got just too damn bored under there, that started to try out something else Also, unlike other magicians, he actually put some thought and research into the Barrier and realized, that there was something "else", which caused it to become so big, something demonic. So, since he already was bored the hell out of the "ever good" Fire Magicians and such, he left and started his own research.

There's still one thing that doesn't make sense with your explanation. What did Xardas put in the book at the cellars of the monastery? He also tells when he decided to leave the firemagicians, he put some of his belongings at the farmer Skelob(or sth like that). Exactly, it doesn't make any sense more now, huh.
NFG member
Post Mon Apr 19, 2004 8:43 pm
MageofFire
Griller of Molerats

I have little doubt that it will all make sense by the end of Gothic 3. You'll probably talk with Xardas for a long time and he will explain everything to you. Of course, he intends to kill you, so you'll have to fight him.

Mediocreties, I absolve you!
Post Tue Apr 20, 2004 1:10 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

well i think he will be changed in Gothic 3 alot cos he got now some real evil spirits inside him
Post Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:22 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

Maybe he loses in G3 the little bit of humanity he had in G2 and becomes totally demonic. When you first meet him he has still his human body and so, but then changes into his real form and becomes some powerful arcane uber-magician
I'm very curious what kind of spells he can wield.
Post Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:43 pm
Graham 2
High Emperor
High Emperor

Based on previous NPC magicians in gothic he will probably have the mighty FIRE ARROW!!!! the ultimate spell
Post Tue Apr 20, 2004 5:51 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

Strange, I just possessed some Magicians and checked their inventory, but they didn't have any runes or spells. But when I attack them the use something that looks like Holy Arrow and Fire Arrow.
Post Tue Apr 20, 2004 7:40 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next