Help - need in room 23 of castle
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
arino
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Help - need in room 23 of castle

This is weird. I cant find my akbaa rocks. I believe I had three but I can't find them. When the king gave me a room I thought it was room 23 because the lady was in there cleaning and I put some of my stuff in the chest. Now the lady no longer goes in there and I can't get my stuff. This is where I believe my rocks must be. I'm level 9 so I can't get any more stats to upgrade my lockpick skill and I don't know of any keys in there. Does anyone know of anyway to upgrade my skills of find a key for this room that I haven't been able to figure out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Post Sat Feb 07, 2004 11:57 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

This is definitely a new one on me. I don't even know if you can get in there again when she is not there. I can suggest one thing to help with lock pick skills is to find some of the clothing that increases you dexterity and stealth, or rings or whatever you can find, then also cast the spell bless before trying. You may have to reload a save game to get them back. You don't have to necessarily go way back, just try a few and see if see is still cleaning the room. I don't know when she stops, but often times she is just coming out of there to go to kitchen, so run to that room as soon as you enter the castle and maybe you can luck out. Hope you get them with out too much trouble.
Mark Twain
Post Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:05 am
arino
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks for the info but so far no luck. The lady starts in the throne room and only goes to the kitchen. I waited around for long amounts of time and she only goes to the kitchen. I have no other save games from that time period. It seems to have changed when I destroyed the meteor. She changed her routes, I sold the stealth armor and the boxes have reset themselves so they are no longer available. I use bless and took off my armor but it still says lockpick is impossible. Not sure what I'm going to do. I definitely don't want to start over.
Post Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:30 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

jroby@arkane-studios.com Try asking here. He may send you a file with the stones, but I have only known of him sending files with one stone in it. He may have some other trick you can try though. It may be a few days before you get an answer, just to let you know. Welcome to the boards by the way.
Mark Twain
Post Sun Feb 08, 2004 7:20 am
ziusudra
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Tried breaking down the door? This would probably cause at least the guard in the throne room to go hostile though.

Increasing stealth won't help with picking locks. Anything that increases Dexterity, Inteligence or Technical Skill will, though.
Post Mon Feb 09, 2004 7:26 pm