Usergroups
Which camp is the strongest??
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Striz
Village Leader
Village Leader

If i recall right, they didnt have fire arrows in the game, now considering your aspect of properly equipping for the fight (chekote), then the Templars would all equip themselves with bows/crossbows, and they would get in fortified positions in the swamp to tactically use their disadvantage to fool the OC's supposed "high ground advantage" viewpoint, so basically the OC would all be thickheaded as yourself and figure that they automatically had them beat simply because they can stand on top of a hill and shoot others trying to climb the hill.

BTW, i was Guest
Post Sat Apr 27, 2002 4:56 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

FAO: DzD

Yeah I know they cant in the game. I was thinking of a more realistic scenario, because that high elevation would give the archers enough range.

Obviously the range of magic is speculative because it doesnt exist in the real world.

But if you are thinking of who will win within the confines of the games limited physics and capabilites, then its gonna be a tough choice, because that pretty much makes most of the camps defences useless (Because they arent usable in game).

OC could probably hide very well, but unless we are thinking outside the bounds of the games capabilites then they sure couldnt fight from inside their camp.

Last edited by Chekote on Sat Apr 27, 2002 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Sat Apr 27, 2002 7:45 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

OH so now you are insulting? You know thats a sign that you dont have a strong enough argument to support your claims?

Try using your brain and actually giving valid points instead of being 5yr old and throwing insults.

Oh and btw, try reading my posts properly. I said Fire AND arrows, not fire arrows. Dumb ass...
Post Sat Apr 27, 2002 7:48 pm
DzD
Unknown
Unknown

This is not a name calling thread.
His latest, a hit
Cuz the Little One's a mystery to me

Written by - dteowner
Post Sat Apr 27, 2002 7:52 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

quote:
Originally posted by Chekote
OH so now you are insulting? You know thats a sign that you dont have a strong enough argument to support your claims?.......................................Dumb ass...

LOL, thats nice Chekote
Post Sat Apr 27, 2002 9:03 pm
Krycek
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

Oh boy,what we have here,I'll beg Piranha Bytes to make Gothic:The Real-Time Strategy.
Post Sat Apr 27, 2002 11:54 pm
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

I have the answer... the camp which knows about marvin-mode.
Post Sat Apr 27, 2002 11:57 pm
Striz
Village Leader
Village Leader

I didnt actually call anyone names, i stated a fact that you are thick headed if you believe that suddenly OC can have fire arrows and shoot way out of their shooting range, and SC will not have any changes whatsoever, and that they will all drop their weapons and stand out in the open so that they may get shot by the "fire archers", and by the way, you make a fool out of yourself when you act like a child.
Post Sun Apr 28, 2002 11:14 am
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

Do you ever read my posts? Let me clarify a few things for for you:

1. You called me thick headed, that is an insult. And now you called me a child and a fool. Once again more insults. You obviously are a complete retard with no idea of how to have a constructive argument.

2. Once again: I did not say fire arrows. I said Fire AND Arrows. Go tell your 4th grade teacher you need "Special" lessons to learn to read.

3. I did not say anything about the SC standing out in the open. (once again, learn to read) They are in a camp made of wood, so the fire (not fire arrows!) from the mages would set the whole camp ablaze. So that kind if blows your idea of a fortified position out of the water doesnt it?

4. The Templars and Guru's do not have hardly any bows/crossbows (Maybe even none) where as the OC has loads. Even if the SC did manage to get a lot of bows/Xbows how are they supposed to shoot the archers/mages that are high on the mountain around the SC? Maybe you've not got to that point in class yet (Since your quite obviously in 4th grade still) but you should have learnt from basic physics that range fighters on a hill/mountain would have increased range/power and the guys in the ditch would be firing against gravity and wouldnt even be able to hit the OC guys on the mountain.

I repeat: Dumb ass...

Edit: PS. I apologize to all the civilized people in this forum. But this is just self defence.
Post Sun Apr 28, 2002 2:35 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Apology accepted. Now stop it, you two, and behave.
Peace.
Post Sun Apr 28, 2002 2:46 pm
DzD
Unknown
Unknown

Now this is has been an official name calling topic. Yes I know that you defended your self. But please stop.
His latest, a hit
Cuz the Little One's a mystery to me

Written by - dteowner
Post Sun Apr 28, 2002 2:50 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

OK I'll stop the name calling. Hell the fire arrow thing is enough without insults anyway.
Post Sun Apr 28, 2002 2:51 pm
Striz
Village Leader
Village Leader

Dont worry, i dont care to waste my time on that child anymore, just a little 13 yr old boy looking for a fight, i will no longer read his posts.
Post Sun Apr 28, 2002 3:17 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

Because you obviously CANT read my posts.

And how exactly am I looking for a fight? You insulted me when I had said nothing offensive to you. How is self defence starting a fight?

Read every single one of my posts in this thread or the entire forum for that matter. I have NEVER insulted anyone unless out of self defence.

Edit: P.S. the moderator didnt say anything about you not being able to continue to discussion. Just not insult. So where are your counter points?
Ran out of incoherent babbling? I thought so...
Post Sun Apr 28, 2002 3:20 pm
CCRUNNERBOY613

Well it seems like my post has got some good discusion going- but lets try to remain civilized- evryone has the right to thier own opinion. Chekote, I would have to agree with Sritz. Let me explain why i think SC would win. Correct me if im wrong, but you propose that the SC would have to charge up the hill with the OC and fire mages rain down fire and arrows. That is a very good point, however, i think i know how SC could avoid losing many templars in that situation. If you recall in the sleepers temple right before you met the sleeper there were at least 20 "obsessed novices". While these novices should not have been a problem with ore armor and uritziel, they could be a problem for say, an ordinary guard. In the event of an OC attack- these obssesd novices along with the many ordinary novices in the camp could act as human sheilds- absorbing the fire and arrows. Most of them would probably be killed, but that would leave most of the templars and baals to do their damage. The templars could then finish the fire mages pretty easily, while the baals and remaining SC people could go to work on the OC guards and ore barons. (and Cor Agnar would be left to teach Gomez a lesson.) If you see any problem with this idea speak up- i would not mind having a CONSTRUCTIVE argument over this idea.
Post Mon Apr 29, 2002 1:43 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next