Usergroups
Three questions....
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
randy3099
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

i know how yu feel about morrowind. i felt like that with zork/myst. post a link to a review site about that game you liked.
Post Mon Jan 13, 2003 7:26 am
RAVENAL
Village Leader
Village Leader

Shany Quest...reading book

While playing and replaying this part of the game...it seemed timed to me...and certain things had to take place in a certain order...If the priests on the way to rm 7 level 4 were killed off before they opened the door (you can use what looks like a torch lever on the wall before entrance) it appeared as a blank rock walled alley until the demon popped part way thru...by this time Shany's dead...sacrificed...this also happened similiarly..if I killed off all but that 1st priest ...he opens that door with the torch lever so you don't have to...but timing is critical for you to rescue Shaney or he'll sacarifice her and you'll have to deal with that demon...
And I've been playing a somewhat skewed version of this game for various reasons(you can read other posts... but I'm still playing...just completed the crypts and got the Krahoz...but in my skewed version...one of the secret rooms after finishing this nevered opened...but whats in it doesn't matter for continuing the game...Good Luck
Oh I don't think you have to buy a book to read it when it's in an NPC inventory...try placing your cursor over it and press enter to read it...

THE TAROT
Post Mon Jan 13, 2003 5:05 pm
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

Listen closely because this is going to be hard to explain. When I was at the location where I heard the little girl screaming for help, I wandered into a dead-end-type hallway, and a Demon poped out of the wall. It came all the way through the wall. I tried killing it, but ended up dying. It chased me around a bit as I tried getting far enough away to open my inventory and drink a quick life potion. I wasn't fast enough. So, I did the obvious thing and reloaded to a previously saved game. This time I went back to the very same hallway, assuming the demon would pop out again. This time I was hoping I could defeat the demon. Only, this time it didn't pop out of the wall. I just assumed it poping out of the wall the first time was just a bug, and I continued to play as normal. This was almost a month ago.

Should I go back to that location and try to listen for her screams again? Is she dead only if the demon pops out of the wall? In the saved game I currently have, the demon never poped out the the wall. I saved over the saved game where the demon did pop out, because I died. The Shany quest blown?? If so, its really lame, but I'm very happy it doesn't mean I can't progress in the game. I have no problem with skipping the quest if I have to, but I'd very much like the XP if possible.

P.S. Shouldn't they have fixed that whole timing thing as a beta-bug? How was I supposed to know what to do? I heard the screams before even discovering she was missing. I didn't talk to the mother who asked me to recover the little girl until after I returned from that place. I had already searched the entire 3 levels from top to bottom, using levitate everywhere possible... (I bought lots of scrolls. My character is very rich. All the blacksmith chests are already full. The mother's shop's chests are almost full also.)

P.S.S. A really good RPG shouldn't require you to read a walkthrough to complete the game. I'll stay away from the walkthrough for now. Hopefully after I get out of this mess, I'll get back on track and everything will be okay.

P.S.S.S. Then again, using this forum is kind of a less efficient type of walkthrough. The only difference is, this way I won't be so quick to seek help when trying to solve a quest or puzzle.
Post Mon Jan 13, 2003 9:57 pm
Red
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Yeah the demon is there because you let the akbaa people summon it, but it's no big deal, you can kill it, or even leave it alone for all it cares. That part isn't crucial to the rest of the game.
Post Mon Jan 13, 2003 10:04 pm
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

I remember being somewhere near the lower level entrance when I saw a bunch of them come out from a distance. I walked up to them and they attacked me so I killed them all right there. Was I supposed to kill them? I don't think that group of NPC's could have summoned anything. They died pretty fast. I chased all the ones that tried running down.
Post Mon Jan 13, 2003 10:19 pm
Red
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Well it seems if you start killing them too soon they'll kill Shany no matter what. Dpeneds on the outcome you want of that part really.
Post Mon Jan 13, 2003 10:27 pm
Merz
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

SirDiety, I wonder if it is possible to open the secret room with Shany without the cultist doing it first.. If so, kill the deamon and get 1000Xp for it. Check the dead-end to open the door.
Post Tue Jan 14, 2003 12:12 am
randy3099
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

"(I bought lots of scrolls. My character is very rich. All the blacksmith chests are already full. The mother's shop's chests are almost full also.) "

How did he get to play Gary's finace'? Everyone else has to play sammy hagar.
Post Tue Jan 14, 2003 12:59 am
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

Randy; huh??
Post Thu Jan 16, 2003 8:32 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2