Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion - PC vs Xbox 360 @ Xbox360.IGN
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion - PC vs Xbox 360 @ Xbox360.IGN

Xbox360.IGN has an Oblivion <a href="http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/693/693513p1.html" target="_blank">PC vs Xbox 360</a> article comparing the pros and cons, although it seems to me they went to pains to make sure there was no clear "result":<blockquote><em>Charles: After seeing Oblivion running on a PC and an Xbox 360, I'm still not sure which version is the one to buy. Quite frankly, I was surprised at how similar both titles looked. I'd still give the performance edge to the PC though; its framerate looked smoother and textures sharper. Still, loading times with both titles seemed almost identical. I'd have to say I'm leaning toward the Xbox 360 version because I just don't know if my PC can run it. I've seen the specs, but I think the computers at that preview had some ludicrously high-end hardware, right?</em></blockquote>Interestingly, their sidebar lists one print review, which links to Stuff Magazine and a mediocre score of 3/5. Since it's a print article, I can't provide any other details - including if it is a valid and complete review.
Post Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:31 am
Acleacius
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Bizzare, while I could understand some lower scores than the 9.5 of the xbox mag, a 6/10, seems would warrent at leat some explination from the Mag.
I have never heard of Stuff, did a Google and it looks like maybe a Playboy or Penthouse?

OT, they have the last known interview with Richard Pryor, he was a great!
http://www.stuffmagazine.com/articles/index.aspx?id=1287
Even, his last intview made me laugh.

Oblivion interview/email trail.
"PC fans is that resolutions can be raised up to a level the Xbox 360 can't display."

That would be me, I would be willing to give up all shadows, particle effects and flora/draw distance, to get my beloved 16 x 12 resolution.

Btw, wth are Achievement points?
Post Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:31 am
Dyne
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Stuff is a crappy lad's mag, at least it is over here. In the FHM, Maxim etc style. I'm surprised it's actually international, or at least in America as well.

I remember an old comedy program's "lad's mag review" and the guy said "Here we have Stuff Magazine. After reading it I came to the conclusion that they seem to have left out some words from the title. Like 'it' 'up' 'your' and 'arse'."

Makes me wonder why they bothered to send them the review code. Such magazines aren't really noted for their mature, balanced take on things. If it's not booze, birds and football they generally think it's gay.
Post Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:36 pm
ToddMcF2002
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

So many contradictory reports about performance between the 360 and the PC. Last week the PC was worse with ATI...

Really looking forward to release so we can get some real feedback.
Post Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:41 pm
Cabezone

17 days for the USA...17 days.....
Post Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:29 pm

I read in one of the Q&A reviews with the developers he said they worked closely with ATI and NVIDIA making sure they can optimize the game for both of these cards and he mentioned a few other names i forget their not gonna develop a game for 4 years and just optimize and focus on one company you know?

Pretty much dont belive anything any one says until we play the game ourselves although i wont be able to compare the fps because i only have a Radeon X850XT 8XAGP card and the only other nividia card i have is a FX 5200 no point sticking that in lol.
Post Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:17 pm

I just read this i gotta say its probably the most laughable useless and biggest wastes of time to read this thing its just two nerds emailing each other and stating the obvious wich any one with a brain would already know.

Let me put it in a much more realistic and shorter few and no need for a couple of nerds bickering threw pages like a couple of housewives.

PC = Obviously the game is meant to be played on the PC and like mentioned the game has slightly better graphics wich i dont really care and higher resoulution.

Xbox360 = Pretty much the same as PC but the biggest flaw compared to the PC and the obvious choice if you have a decent pc that will run it *cough* the Xbox controller.

No matter what any one says it will be alot more fun and have more freedom playing Oblivion on a PC with a Mouse and Keybored then a crappy controller.

So its simple.

PC = Mouse/Keyboard > Xbox Controller.
PC = If you have a high end pc then get the pc version.
Xbox360 = If you have a low end computer or medium then you're probably gonna have to suffer and get the console version and stuck wuth the controller .

Their you go
Post Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:10 pm

Huck

Mods > No mods

Therefore,

PC > XBOX 360
Post Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:58 pm

Who cares about the mods i only play the offical games not crappy junkie fanmade crap all trashy.

Mouse + Keybored > Crappy Xbox360 Controller.

Also you see people saying its more comfortable playing consoles on the couch but i find it very uncomfortable and i have to sit on a chair to be able to play so i rather sit at the computer.
Post Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:55 pm