omg my PC is too crappy for this game :(
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 - Troubleshooting

Author Thread
wacko3
Village Leader
Village Leader

omg my PC is too crappy for this game :(

i have an AMD athlon 850mhz 384 MB RAM and radeon 9200 wich in principal should be enough and get this ....
i get between 5-13 FPS in town and 20-25 outside of town
and that at 800x600x32 and rage of view and objet view at 80% and the details slider are about half way

i cant wait to get a new PC ( this summer or maybe before) but i dont wanna wait that long to play the game
I cant OC my cpu and i tried my card with ATITool but it doesnt change a thing
Post Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:42 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Tweaking your system wonīt make a difference.

Investing money in your old PC would obviously be a bad idea. Do you have a friend who could lend you more RAM and an nVidia card? G2 likes a lot of RAM and hates ATI cards. 512 MB or more and a GeForce 2 (nonMX) or better should improve things quite a bit.

Donīt underestimate how much performance G2 requires. You need 3 GHz and 1 GB RAM to get 30+ frames in town. With less you still have to lower the details in town.
Post Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:48 pm
wacko3
Village Leader
Village Leader

quote:
Originally posted by Gorath
Tweaking your system wonīt make a difference.

Investing money in your old PC would obviously be a bad idea. Do you have a friend who could lend you more RAM and an nVidia card? G2 likes a lot of RAM and hates ATI cards. 512 MB or more and a GeForce 2 (nonMX) or better should improve things quite a bit.

Donīt underestimate how much performance G2 requires. You need 3 GHz and 1 GB RAM to get 30+ frames in town. With less you still have to lower the details in town.

danm lollll as for a stick of ram my firiend told me i cant cuz its generic and i cant get my hands on a video crad either ..so im stuck with what i got lollll
it still playable and ill enjoy it my new PC will run it perfectly so the second time around through the game ill really get a feel of the game like it should be played
to this point im still not sure if ill go SLI but ill try to get my hands on a DFI nforce4 ultra in case.. the ultra can be moded into a SLI its simple i saw an articles on anandtech.com DFI makes great mobo so SLI no SLI its a safe bet
Post Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:21 pm