Usergroups
FRAMERATE BOOST - "unofficial patch"
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
banditodevida
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

For Video Cards, you might as well buy the best, either a GeForce 4 Ti 4600, or a Radeon 8500. They're both equally great (some people are fans of either of them. I for one would recommend the GF4). Each of those cost around $300 and have 128mb of RAM on them. Cheaper versions of those same cars are sold, they just have less RAM. They'll probably really help out your frame rates Vanderghast.
Post Thu Jul 18, 2002 8:56 pm
Vanderghast
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

If i get either one of those cards. Is my PIII 733 able to use all that power or will i have too much card for the processor?

Quote the Gully Dwarf, Nevermore!
Member og the WWW
Member of the Non-Flamers Guild
Post Fri Jul 19, 2002 1:06 pm
Remus
Overgrown Cat
Overgrown Cat

quote:
Originally posted by Vanderghast
If i get either one of those cards. Is my PIII 733 able to use all that power or will i have too much card for the processor?

Personally i would recommend GF4, not that i'm nVidia fan but because they are good on drivers optimization, & GF series is widely supported by game developers - thus less compatibility problems. There's some talks that future Radeons (R300) would perform far more faster than GF4, nonetheless this don't prove anything yet until their have the product.

If you buy GF4 your game performances will somewhat increase, but absolutely not as fast as with faster CPU/processor. It mean your new GF4 can run real fast, but it always has to slow down waiting for PIII 733 to cath up/finish it jobs. It's same thing if you have P4 2 GHZ processor but matchup with something likes TNT 16MB/GFMX video cards. These kind of issues always refer to as performance bottleneck and could happen to most other components. Maybe you could buy a cheaper video cards just enough to make Morrowind able to run. But still the decision is on your hand, maybe you could buy a GF4 now and after one year upgrade all other components to match up to your "old" GF4 .
Post Fri Jul 19, 2002 8:14 pm
banditodevida
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Agreed goofy goldfish. Vanderghast could probably use an all around upgrade. That's my problem. I just upgraded my old intel PIII 450 to an Athlon 1700+ But I kept my 'old' GF2. Morrowind would probably run better, and prettier with all those pixel shadres, with a GF4. Maybe I'll wait until a GF5 comes out
Post Sat Jul 20, 2002 10:53 pm
Vanderghast
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Yeah a new system is in order soon. I'll think i;ll pick up a video card in the middle of August. Hopefully this helps. And do a system up grade this winter.

Quote the Gully Dwarf, Nevermore!
Member og the WWW
Member of the Non-Flamers Guild
Post Mon Jul 22, 2002 1:19 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11