Usergroups
Chromanin Found
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Uocjat
High Emperor
High Emperor

whoops .. it was supose to say didnt .. not did .. but then again my comp wasnt cooperating very well so i migth have missed it ..
Post Fri Mar 26, 2004 10:15 pm
wolverine_men
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
It seems, that you only get one stab at this strange situation, and only if you stay on the "path of the righteous" and only if you get the right sequence, this cromanin thing has been "missed" by the vast majority of Gothic players, it is not for the hack-n-slash player, it requires some "thought".
I think it would be helpful if wolverine_men was to "expand" on this as i only got that far once, and then, only for a short time.

wulf is somewhat on the right track. Here's a clue for the uninitiated- if you have always used violence to solve majority of the quests in the game then you will encounter the old man's corpse each and every time. To see him alive, play like a human not an orc.
Post Sun Mar 28, 2004 8:14 pm
Uocjat
High Emperor
High Emperor

that is so untrue .. i played it just to see if i could find the thing i havent even talken to anyone nor killed anything that didnt charge at me whit a weapon so i dont think that has anything to do whit anything
Post Sun Mar 28, 2004 8:19 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Wow, now my brain is working overtime,

Thankyou wolverine_men, you have my respect as a true player for replying
to queries in your thread when we nead them most.

What you say is true, its what i suspected, i have played many other rpg games for years, i have found this "right path" ideology in other games, even in Baldours Gate there is a loony who taunts for ages then the player is rewarded for having patience, fighing to win a game is not everything, temperance is a great idea to test a players true mind, so what i have said on other threads is true "be of moderate mind to Mud" would be a good start, and i know thousands have slaughtered him.

The first time i played, and with the above in mind i was ever so cautious, i
had a "sense" of the unknown, i barely killed anything, and then only to save my own life.

This "confirmation" has brought on another beautiful aspect of "Gothic"

Once again wolverine_men, thank you.
Post Sun Mar 28, 2004 10:37 pm
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

I do admit, that Mud was annoying to me, and sometimes, I just gave him a smack actoss the head to make him leave. Didn't kill him, just sent him away. Couple of times I just ran away, with Mud chasing me, then we got attacked by mobs and Mud ran like his pants were on fire - I avoided him atfer that, i.e. circled his house, and thus never "got" him again. Couple of times I accidentally smacked Mud across the head, while fighting the mobs we ran into - poor sucker just got on my way. Is there any END to Mud as well, i.e. like it was in BG series with Noober and Neeber? At least these two fellas stopped the bugging soon enough, does Mud at some point, soon enough, get the idea that he better move on?

I haven't been clearing the chests in houses with owners - no need really. Well, except Kor Galom's chest, heh.. I have not attacked myself anyone, although I did defend myself when I got attacked, and some enemies, whom I hit down and who charged me again as soon as they got up, I impaled on the ground. I haven't been a "goody-goody" just person, just, say, very strict good person heheh..

Of course, based on this, it would mean that Chromanin quest should be done pretty late in the game, if it will take into consideration the "good" acts. Not to mention, where does the "good" end and "bad" begin? Smacking some hapless chap down is bad, sure, but running into Old Camp gates only to notice that they're closed for you and have many guards attack you, and you beat them while defending yourself - that's "good" or "bad", eh?
Post Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:51 am
Graham 2
High Emperor
High Emperor

I was expecting to see an april fools post in here.
Post Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:15 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Hey there Whailor,

I was using the example of Mud as a "teaser" as a synonim, or a rough example, but yes, you have a good point "what is good and what is bad"?

Your point about this "old man" meeting, towards the end of the game is partly true, i would say it is "progressive" it builds through the game.

I have just (for assessment only) started a new game, and gone straight away for the chromanin book, then pressively collected each book up to the last one, i did no other quests and killed no human, a goody-goody, and it makes no difference, the corpse is still there, after the encounter with the two skeleton mages, then loot everything, then leave the area, then come back to where the corpse was there is a summon skeleton rune on the floor that cannot be picked up, the whole thing is NOT just about being "good"
but being "JUST" throughout the game? so then, yes it will happen near to the end of the game.
Post Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:39 pm
kriksa
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

how come hav so many players missed the tunnel, even if they havnt started the quest, the place should still b there and how hav the modders missed it??What did the old man say??Wut quest did he give??And how the hell could some1 hav the patience 2 search 4 hours, i would of gone mad, though u guys r making me so exited ill go mad anywayz
Post Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:55 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Hey there kriksa,

It is also driving me more mad than you, because i have seen him, 4 hours is nothing, i have spent 20 hours searching, i started a fresh game, went straight away for book 1, then onto each book to book 6, i killed no humans, i was a goody goody, the corpse is still there, this cromanin thing is a "progressive" thing which stretches through the game. Only then if your lucky, like i was, will the tunnel entrance, the room, the old man, the quest, be enabled.

The clues are hidden in the words of the riddles, it would be a good idea for somebody to try to analyse them:-

"He who is willing to renounce all depravity and walk on the path of the righteous shall know where the source of my power lies hidden"

"A great legacy, i feel great fear to lose all of it again by a slight faltering in word or deed"

"Gone are the days of wasting and waiting"

"But i shall not walk this path alone, the honour is mine, I MUST ACCEPT TO SHARE THE POWER WITHIN MYSELF"

(Why is book 6 blank?)

the last input of pc-hero's journal (which at this final? point is only 22% full?)
states:-

The mysterious stranger is dead, those demons have killed him, there seemed to be some kind of bond betweeen them, otherwise he wouldn't have come back to this place?
Post Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:11 pm
Uocjat
High Emperor
High Emperor

someone should write who ever programed the game and ask if there is an alternet ending to this quest
Post Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:17 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Hey there Uocjat,

I think the game writers have left this thing for us gamers to sort out ?
We've got the brains havn't we, to sort this out, wolverine_men did it! i did it (by accident?) for a short while.
Post Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:54 pm
Uocjat
High Emperor
High Emperor

im just not convinced at all that there is an alternet ending to it .. thats just what i wanna know for sure .. i hate serceing invain
Post Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:55 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Yeah, i agree Uocjat,

I think i'll give this quest a break, maybe someday some fresh face noobie
will stumble across the old man and reveal all the details.
Post Thu Apr 01, 2004 11:01 pm
Uocjat
High Emperor
High Emperor

waiting sucks .. if only i could find an e-mail to the G1 team i ask if there is an alternet ending
Post Thu Apr 01, 2004 11:04 pm
kriksa
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

wulf, mayb its not about not doing bad, mayb its about doing good or both, wut im tryng 2 say is, mayb u hav 2 do some good deeds, not just avoid bad deeds
Post Fri Apr 02, 2004 1:36 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 41, 42, 43  Next