View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Mattias Kreku
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

quote:
Originally posted by Rendelius
No, that's not what guest said. Maybe you should read his posting again, Mattias. It's really easy to understand what he said

"Go outside and take a walk."
Yeah, it is pretty obvious what he meant by that.. Guess it passed over SOME people's heads though..
Post Sun Jun 16, 2002 8:47 am
Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

I am always baffled by how much energy certain people invest to NOT understand *g*
Post Sun Jun 16, 2002 9:16 am
Mattias Kreku
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

quote:
Originally posted by Rendelius
I am always baffled by how much energy certain people invest to NOT understand *g*

Is this what you guys call "constructive criticism"? Clever.
Post Sun Jun 16, 2002 9:28 am
Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

No, that's what I call exhaustion and cynism.
Post Sun Jun 16, 2002 10:32 am

Let me try one more time

1) I did not suggest you take a hike. Take it in the same way as "cool yourself off".

2) Your gaming needs *are* worthwhile and important. They just weren't met in this game.

3) I've been burned by games too, ergo my suggestions. Just complaining doesn't help. The development team won't change fundamental design philosophies in a patch to suit your needs (they can, however, attend to some performance/bug issues and minor plot points). I tried to get closure after shelling out $70 for the Ultima IX collector's edition but the forum didn't help. Even just venting for venting's sake didn't help. So I'm suggesting you'll save time and energy by giving it up and seeking out games that fit your gaming style more closely. Planescape wasn't perfect (non-interactive world), but it sure helped.

4) I'm also honestly saying that there's a fair number of people who like the game with the very design decisions you don't like. The significance of player in a tightly woven, interconnected story, was never part of this game or any of the elder scrolls games. The goals were: big, lots to do, freedom to do em, freedom to screw up and 'break' the game, freedom to roleplay and do a little 'lets pretend' inside the game. Always been a part of the series and will continue to be. They're certainly not flaws if you like em in a game.

5) I don't think I'm a "fanboy" of either Morrowind, Elder Scrolls, or the Dev Team. I'm simply playing a game I purchased and really enjoy. Perhaps I am in that way. Perhaps you are too of the games you enjoy. If you mean it as an insult, then I take great exception to it and ask that you speak with a little less bile in your throat. I'd only hoped to help.

6) . . . well, I won't mention it. Wouldn't be prudent.
Post Sun Jun 16, 2002 2:37 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6