New guy is a bit loss here..
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

I disagree completely.

There are *far* better things to spend your learning points on than anything but the basic sword.

With the basic sword alone, I can go to the Mercenary camp, and constantly buy steel from the smith there. I can make 50 swords in about 10-15 minutes. Selling 50 swords to Harad @ 150gp each gives me a total of 7500GP. I dont see the point in wasting your SP on better swords when you can make that kind of money in 10 minutes just by spending the 4SP required for the basic sword.

Also there are plenty of weapons in the game that have combat bonuses (Mage staff, Wolf Knife etc).

SP is the most precious commodity in the game, dont waste it.
Post Thu Nov 11, 2004 4:19 pm
Arc
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Yeah, I agree with Chekote.
I'll probably at this point use my skill points to str and learning one handed/two handed sword combat. Btw, how high should I raise dex? I think i should use crossbows.
Post Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:29 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

As far as I know you dont need dex for xbows. You definately dont need it to weild them.
Post Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:21 pm
Lacni
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Xbow in addon works the same way (just oposite) as master sword: U need strenght to wield them, but dexterity defines the dmg u do.
Post Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:12 am
Arc
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Ok, I have a new question.
In Khorinis I now need acces to the thieves guild. I've found the bandits and the weird fish, i've hunted the thief near the barracks, but I still need one more quest, but I can't do it. Both of them require talking to Nagur in the tavern @ harbour, but I did a major mistake by talking to him once in militia armour right at the beginning. So, is there anyway to get it or do i have to forget the thief guild quests?
Post Sun Nov 14, 2004 1:34 pm
Arc
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Come on people, somebody must know somethin! :
Maybe editing seomthing or marvin mode...?
Also another question popped up. I've trying to solve the missing people and weapon dealer quests, but i'm completely stuck with ' em now..
Could someone maybe give me hints on them or something?
For the missing people quest, i've found the pirate on the beach next to khorinis harbour, found out Dexter and talked to him about and talked to various people who had lnoticed some people missing...where to next? And about the missing weapons....could someone tell me what should be done with this one?
I would really like to see the addon world... :/
Post Sun Nov 14, 2004 6:53 pm
CIACinderella
Village Leader
Village Leader

I seem to recall that I was able to talk to Nagur once even after wearing militia armor. Ask Kardif if he has a job for you to do (in the I need information option), you should than see the option "Have you got any SPECIAL work?" or something to that effect. Kardif will than refer you to NAgur. If this doesn't work, than I don't know what will.
Post Sun Nov 14, 2004 7:53 pm
Arc
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

The thing is, that I asked for "special" work and then spoke to Nagur in militia armor...so no help from that..Can you help me with those other questions?
Post Sun Nov 14, 2004 8:04 pm
Arc
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Ok, I found out what was wrong with those quests and I have now completed the "missing people" (as far as you can get it without going to the add on world) and the "weapons dealer".
That thieves guild thingie...still need help with it.
Post Mon Nov 15, 2004 1:55 am
CIACinderella
Village Leader
Village Leader

The cheat code for changing your stats is "edit abilities" - unfortunately I don't remember if you can change your guild that way. But I do remember one other way to get into the thieves guild. If you can steal Lehmar's ledger (which he keeps on his person), read it, than give it to Hanna. She'll give you a sack full o' goodies that will help you out.
Post Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:57 am
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

Arc, I mean this in the nicest way possible........please don't take it wrong

Most quests have more than one way to complete them. If you think you are stuck, or have encountered a bug, just keep playing. Go back and talk to everyone, search high and low. In other words........play the game. Finding the solution is the main thing in the game.

The Gothic series is just too dam good to have people walk you through it. Some things have taken me MANY hours to figure out, but I got alot of satisfaction solving it on my own. My first time playing Gothic, I did'nt even now what a quest was! I ventured out into the world, got my butt handed to me quite often, but found ways to defeat any creature. I thought killing was the only way to level up lol. I did it the HARD way, but I beat the game

Seriously, try to figure it out on your own.....it IS worth the time and trouble. Of course if you need help we will all help if we can.......but if you think you screwed up something or encountered a bug..........it is unlikely. 99% of the time it will be something you overlooked. Btw, welcome to the forums

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:18 am
tolgerias
High Emperor
High Emperor

I totally agree with you uriziel! i finished the game before i found this great site so i had the plearure to find everything out on my self, without the temptation to ask for help when things aren´t immediately clear
Post Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:18 pm
maic_ro
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I totaly agree with that too. There are already walkthorughs if you really whant it to play that way
Post Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:36 pm
Arc
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I think that you guys didn't quite understand what I meant with that question.
Nevertheless, I don't wanna argue about it so I'll just forget about Thieves Guild (hell, because of my prob. I can't even get that door to their lair open.) and explore the addon world now that I've got there. Really interesting place. Tough but I think I'll survive.
Post Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:52 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

I also had a question about the theives guild.

I never managed to solve that quest when I played the original G2, and now I am running into the same problems with G2 DNDR.

Heres the situation:

I have completed the theif quest at the marketplace and let him go.
I have intercepted the package and given it to Nagur.

I tried and tried to get further in the quest while still in chapter 1 but couldnt find anything out. *I* know where the theives guild entrance is (maybe there is multiple?) but the hero does not.

I ended up joining the Fire Mages and moving into chapter 2 because I was getting bored.

My questions are:
1. Is it possible to complete the theives guild quest in Chapter 1
2. Have I done anything that has made it impossible to finish the quest?

Answers with minimal spoilers please

Thanks in advance
Post Wed Nov 17, 2004 5:27 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next