Usergroups
Dungeon Seige or Morrowind
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > CRPGs General

Author Thread
vaticide
Put food in here
Put food in here

I'm getting Dungeon Seige. After everyone here has toyed around with Morrowind for a while if it looks as good as it is being hyped, I'll pick it up. One of the big reasons I am grabbing DS is to help quell my cravings for NWN, since DS also will let you build your own adventures. (Though not to the same degree)
Post Thu Mar 21, 2002 8:36 pm
Gig
Southern Spirit
Southern Spirit

Northwest, USA, huh Vaticide? Hmmm... Dungeon Siege is a Microsoft product, do I smell a little bit of localism here? j/k

''Perhaps I'm old and tired but I always think that the chances of finding out what really is going on are so absurdly remote that the only thing to do is to say hang the sense of it and just keep yourself occupied. Look at me: I design coastlines. I got an award for Norway.''--Slartibartfast
Post Fri Mar 22, 2002 6:53 pm
Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

Well, it looks like Dungeon Seige is coming out next week and Morrowind is shooting for the first of May. So, I would assume more people are going to opt for DS because of the dates. Side note: M&M IX has been rushed out next week also. Previewers of the game imply that Might and Magic could sell the same game every two years and just change the number on the box, IX, X, XII, etc.,
Post Fri Mar 22, 2002 8:07 pm
vaticide
Put food in here
Put food in here

We in the Northwest try to protect our own, especially from the evils of the Southeast! I actually hadn't even heard of DS until I found RPGDot. Now I have it pre-ordered and I'm going to the launch in Redmond to meet the developers.

Post Fri Mar 22, 2002 8:15 pm

I'm going to get both, but if I had to pick one, it would be Morrowind. The more movies they release of Dungeon Siege, the more it looks like Diablo. Diablo's a great game, and Dungeon Siege looks like it will be too, but it's not what I look for when I think RPG.
Post Fri Mar 22, 2002 8:32 pm

Gig
Southern Spirit
Southern Spirit

That's ok, I understand your position. Besides, y'all should hear what we say behind your back when you come down to surf our waves.

When is the DS launch anyway?

''Perhaps I'm old and tired but I always think that the chances of finding out what really is going on are so absurdly remote that the only thing to do is to say hang the sense of it and just keep yourself occupied. Look at me: I design coastlines. I got an award for Norway.''--Slartibartfast
Post Fri Mar 22, 2002 8:38 pm
vaticide
Put food in here
Put food in here

April 5th is when the Developers are having a launch thing in Redmond.

Surf, smurf, you have too many sharks out there.
Post Fri Mar 22, 2002 8:59 pm
Gig
Southern Spirit
Southern Spirit

We have sharks! We have tigers and bulls, you folks have great whites!

Post Fri Mar 22, 2002 9:15 pm
Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

quote:

On 2002-03-22 14:59, vaticide wrote:
April 5th is when the Developers are having a launch thing in Redmond.

Everywhere else too
Post Fri Mar 22, 2002 9:28 pm
vaticide
Put food in here
Put food in here

Surfers up here are more concerned with the water being around 50F year-round than any sharks.

I've heard that the game may be in stores April 4th or earlier (hopefully) but the launch with the Devs is April 5th.
Post Fri Mar 22, 2002 10:01 pm
Gig
Southern Spirit
Southern Spirit

quote:

On 2002-03-22 14:07, Max Killen wrote:
Well, it looks like Dungeon Seige is coming out next week and Morrowind is shooting for the first of May.

Max, where do you go to find out release updates on Morrowind? I can't find anything on elderscrolls.com, it just says spring 2002. I'd love to have someplace to check and see how it's coming along. Thank you.

Post Sat Mar 23, 2002 2:19 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

[
[/quote]

Max, where do you go to find out release updates on Morrowind? I can't find anything on elderscrolls.com, it just says spring 2002. I'd love to have someplace to check and see how it's coming along. Thank you.

[/quote]

http://www.GoneGold.com is a great choice for that kind of thing. And Max's info is correct.
Post Sat Mar 23, 2002 3:26 pm
HiddenX
The Elder Spy
The Elder Spy

For me it's Morrowind, because i like the Daggerfall and Reguard game universe.
Post Sat Mar 23, 2002 4:10 pm
Sir Markus
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

I'm looking forward to Morrowind at lot more than Dungeon Siege. First, Morrowind is in the first person, not isometric. Morrowind has a very detailed conversation system, that uses 'hypertext' links to expand the conversation, I guess it's pretty cool. It looks very deep and supposedly the early build sent to Gamespot worked practically bug free, and what bugs that were in this early build were already known by Bethesda. The game also has a cool weather model, where you'll actually be able to see storms slowly brewing in the sky. Supposedly it's a smaller world than Daggerfall, but loaded with unique things to explore. No randomly generated dungeons, everything is hand made in this game. And releasing the 'construction kit' to make new adventures along with the game is icing on the cake.

Dungeon Siege reminds me of Diablo based on what I've seen. The graphics look really good, and I have a feeling the game will be a blockbuster, but I think this one is based more on action and not so much on character development, NPC interaction, but the environments look great, and I'm sure this will be a great game as well.

I think I'll play both
Post Sat Mar 23, 2002 4:25 pm
Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

quote:

On 2002-03-23 09:26, dteowner wrote:
Max's info is correct.

Did you have any doubts
Post Sat Mar 23, 2002 4:39 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next